PDA

View Full Version : How do you backup vu-solo?

coolfi
8th May, 2013, 06:43 PM
Once you have everything installed as you want or before messing around, I would like to backup the current image with driver. But can't find info how to do this?

Am using open pli

Thanks for any help.

digicon
8th May, 2013, 07:25 PM
Dreambox Control Centre or a similar program on the box itself such as TSpanel will make a full backup of your current image

coolfi
8th May, 2013, 10:22 PM
Dreambox Control Centre or a similar program on the box itself such as TSpanel will make a full backup of your current image

Thanks for that.

I've installed TSpanel, but when backing up I get and error message, which option do select? sim or dreambox to backup?

Mee?kat
8th May, 2013, 11:31 PM
There is or was a plugin for open pli images before to simply backup images to a usb stick/internal or external hdd..

I use blackhole and with my current version its possible to simply do a full backup via the remote which saves it to my hdd.

coolfi
8th May, 2013, 11:51 PM
Yeah I wana flash to another image, but can't untill I can back-up this as it has my wireless modules build in it. Just in-case the other images don't have them in. It's an openbox 6000hd. Which I assume is clone of vu-solo, and probably tweaked to work

Does blackhole have rt2800 or tplink-wn722N prebuild?

Thanks for the help guys

digicon
9th May, 2013, 01:04 AM
If your using TSpanel select Dreambox to do a backup, if you flash another image as Mee?kat described you could flash blackhole as they do mostly carry all the wireless drivers in the image as well as having a built in personal or full backup image selection

coolfi
10th May, 2013, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the reply.