PDA

View Full Version : Setting up 3 or 4 satellites with my dreambox 800

JAMISKY
10th May, 2013, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone , my first thread didn't go down well because i mentioned the word which should never be spoken . This should be a safer topic. So I have had the very simple setup of two satellites A and B Hotbird 13 and Astra 28.2 from the beginning but i now decided to add one or two more satellites as they work through my communal satellite Astra 19.2 and/or Astra 23.5. I use a 4 way diseqc switch and have tried first with 3 satellite but with no luck as only the first lnb works every time. I initially set it up with sat finder and the 2nd lnb only seemed to get signal when i changed to manual transponder but when i zapped back the channels didn't actually work. I would be very grateful if someone would be so kind and explain to me how to do this properly , but I know that everyone is really busy and might not have time to help me step by step , so if someone could just direct me to the solution in another thread , forum or website that would be great too ,because thus far i cant find anything to help me.
THANK YOU, ::jiggin:

digicon
10th May, 2013, 11:01 PM
I think we need to establish if these are being setup by yourself on different dishes as in Four separate satellites or you are planning on extending a Multibar feed with more LNB's

JAMISKY
15th May, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hi there , I have one dish on my balcony and that is the hotbird dish. I then have a socket in my wall with two satellites and they both have 3 signals on them as i tested them individually and they work on astra 19.2,astra 28.2 and 23.5. I simply used a 3 way diseqc switch but i cant seem to get the setup right so that they all work at the same time , or atleast 2 astra signals and the hotbird one.
thank you/.

digicon
15th May, 2013, 10:55 PM
Go into the system setup and Tuner settings and set your diseqc switch to something like this:

JAMISKY
17th May, 2013, 04:32 AM
Wow I feel so stupid for not seeing the ABCD option , all works fine now , thank you very much. :)