PDA

View Full Version : MB Star Diagnosis Compact 4 - Genuine Machine help

mpoker84
10th May, 2013, 05:29 PM
So the machine as mentioned is a genuine one, however its out of date.

I can access star utilities etc to gain access to changing the key's etc, but the machine is so locked down, i can seem to do anything else.
No right click, no my computer etc etc.

Has anyone had any joy with or got any suggestions on how to get to a less 'locked-down' state?

i've tried:
open ie, type c: - Failed
right click - disabled
connect external keyboard: windows key & R: disabled.

cant think of any others for the mo, so any suggestions welcome.

going to try a second boot device in a mo - but cant seem to get into bios - so might be interesting....

impactops
11th May, 2013, 12:36 AM
cant think of any others for the mo, so any suggestions welcome.

Unless you explain in detail exactly what you are trying to do and why, the suggestions will be many.

mpoker84
23rd May, 2013, 07:53 PM
Hi Thanks for your reply, posting the day before i go on holiday when asking for help probably wasnt the best idea! My Bad!

So as mentioned the machine I have is genuine, but out of date - therefore no access to Xentry. I can still access star utilities to change the code, but the last one i kindly got on here didnt work, so i've requested another.

When i say its locked down, i meant that i couldnt get into any of the windows features. On another star (chinese buy) machine - i opened notepad and wrote a script to change the date to a set date, dumped the file in the startup folder, and hey presto - the machine is never out of date. So thats what I was looking to do on here. However - if I can get away with just getting it working - I should probably just settle for that.

As always - any help or suggestions are fully welcomed.

ACDC
24th May, 2013, 11:20 AM
Have you tried from start menu, run?
Usually that works even when the installation hides the drives from my computer.....or alternatively you can always use total commander. Never heard of right click disabled though...