PDA

View Full Version : SSBB problem on pal

billy_boy786
23rd May, 2008, 07:17 PM
i downloaded SSBB which was already converted to pal. burnt it to a DL DVD everything seems ok. game works n all, but almost as if its in slow motion... any ideas y?

tries changing the tv screen setting and that just gives me a black screen when i start the game so changed that back.

wiiman
23rd May, 2008, 08:03 PM
i downloaded SSBB which was already converted to pal. burnt it to a DL DVD everything seems ok. game works n all, but almost as if its in slow motion... any ideas y?

tries changing the tv screen setting and that just gives me a black screen when i start the game so changed that back.

I tried using the generic game patcher to convert ssbb to pal and ended up with the same kind of problem, i found it was best just to use freeloader with an unmodified version of the game, works perfectly.

bmansweden
25th May, 2008, 12:18 PM
You get framedrops and whatnot with that game, ive tried to for weeks then gave up...the pal-release should be on the net soon so just hang on there...

There is some dvd9 ppf-patcher and god knows what for that game but to get it to work on a pal-console is rocket-science and we are a bunch that never got it to work like 100%....

so just wait for the pal is my best advice....

billy_boy786
25th May, 2008, 08:51 PM
You get framedrops and whatnot with that game, ive tried to for weeks then gave up...the pal-release should be on the net soon so just hang on there...

There is some dvd9 ppf-patcher and god knows what for that game but to get it to work on a pal-console is rocket-science and we are a bunch that never got it to work like 100%....

so just wait for the pal is my best advice....

thanx 4 that mate.. not long now i guess lol

billy_boy786
30th June, 2008, 08:33 PM
ok.. i waited 4 a while 4 this games europe release, now that it has, ive downed it, burnt it to a DL DVD, all sems ok..

..but every so often when i press start to begin the game, the wii restarts and brings me back to the wii menu, and some times the wii doesnt recognise the disc.. an eject and reinsert usually fixes it tho, once the games going its fine..

... is my laser messing up?

wiiman
30th June, 2008, 08:56 PM
probably need you laser pot adjusting to help your wii to read the dual layer disc, this has caused problems with 1000's of wii's.

billy_boy786
1st July, 2008, 12:00 AM
any suggestions as to where to look for info on adjusting the laser pot? a guide perhaps?

apprectate it wiiman

--------

jus found quite a detailed quide by pOpY, look a little too fiddly for my likings. i think ill jus buy a legit version of the game and see it that help, which i dought, but ill give it a go.

bmansweden
1st July, 2008, 03:08 PM
The true Pal-release is out on the internet now, works like a charm...just add your own layerbreak...

the wiierd-release is the best...

<--bmansweden added 2 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...-->

ok.. i waited 4 a while 4 this games europe release, now that it has, ive downed it, burnt it to a DL DVD, all sems ok..

..but every so often when i press start to begin the game, the wii restarts and brings me back to the wii menu, and some times the wii doesnt recognise the disc.. an eject and reinsert usually fixes it tho, once the games going its fine..

... is my laser messing up?

Nope, go for a quality-brand dvd like Verbatim -r (dual layer) and make your own layerbreak as the instructions say....

* Open IMGBURN, select to write iso to DVD, select DVD9,
click in TOOLS, SETTINGS->Write->Layer Break->User specified and type 2084960. Burn the DVD onto a dual-layer dvd....

worked for me, dont start with the adjusting-the-laser-bussiness because then it never ends...

wiiman
1st July, 2008, 06:05 PM
The true Pal-release is out on the internet now, works like a charm...just add your own layerbreak...

the wiierd-release is the best...

<--bmansweden added 2 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...-->

Nope, go for a quality-brand dvd like Verbatim -r (dual layer) and make your own layerbreak as the instructions say....

* Open IMGBURN, select to write iso to DVD, select DVD9,
click in TOOLS, SETTINGS->Write->Layer Break->User specified and type 2084960. Burn the DVD onto a dual-layer dvd....

worked for me, dont start with the adjusting-the-laser-bussiness because then it never ends...
adjusting the pot will only need to be done once, the drives in wii's are notorious for being useless at reading dual layer discs, i have had to adjust the pot on may wii's, here is a guide on how to adjust.

billy_boy786
4th July, 2008, 12:07 PM
thanx bmansweden, ill give the wiierd release a go, i have the espalwii release. i use clone cd to burn my iso's, and dont think it gives me the option to specify a layer break. ill get imgburn and burn the way youve said and c what happens.

if still no luck im going to have to mess around with the pot. lol

thanx for the upload wiiman, thats the same guide ive got

wriggler
14th January, 2009, 04:21 AM
I've tried SSBB - Wierd on my Wii but it crashes in the Video Sequences. It asks me to remove the disk and switch the wii off. Ive done the layer thing and burn't it on a verbatim DL disk at 4x and 2.4 but to no avail.

Can anyone help. I'm running the Gamma 0.3 Loader on a downgraded 3.2E wii with the soft mod inc. Starfall.

dell_xps
14th January, 2009, 10:15 AM
I've tried SSBB - Wierd on my Wii but it crashes in the Video Sequences. It asks me to remove the disk and switch the wii off. Ive done the layer thing and burn't it on a verbatim DL disk at 4x and 2.4 but to no avail.

Can anyone help. I'm running the Gamma 0.3 Loader on a downgraded 3.2E wii with the soft mod inc. Starfall.

Wii Backup Compatibility List PAL - Wii (http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index.php/Wii_Backup_Compatibility_List_PAL)

Sais the DVD5 version plays no problem m8 in Gamma loader.
Have a look for that version.