PDA

View Full Version : back up vu solo

casuk
13th May, 2013, 03:42 PM
hey all im wanting to no how to back up im no sure wat im doing and need sum help iv got vix and a external hdd pluged in think that's all I need I also downloaded filezilla but I don't even no were to start with that either im a total newb at this

digicon
13th May, 2013, 04:55 PM
Use DCC to do a full backup of your current image which it will save to your computer hard drive

casuk
13th May, 2013, 06:37 PM
got it sorted doin it through the remote to hdd I cant download the on demand plugin failing all the time tried it 4 times

casuk
13th May, 2013, 06:48 PM
im doin it through plgins/green/extensions on demand click yes and comes up instaling enigma2 ect to root couple more lines of info and fails to download enigma2.... perhaps you need to run opkg update whats this

septicsmurf
14th May, 2013, 08:11 AM
What version of vix are you running and is it a clone or original solo?

casuk
14th May, 2013, 10:46 AM
Its genuine and 3.0 build 649 I done a restart lastnight and left box on and info flashin green not red tryd vlc and worked on demand didn't tho

septicsmurf
14th May, 2013, 11:06 AM
Why not try a manual install?
It's on the vix support forum, along with installation instructions

casuk
14th May, 2013, 11:39 AM
Iv never done anything like that I don't want 2 mess it up I'll have a look

DOUGALMCD
14th May, 2013, 12:58 PM
On a genuine Vu box Menu>Setup>System>Software update>Allow unstable updates (untested) Exit then restart box. Then Menu>Setup>Software update>ok And don't touch anything until it restarts. You will now have 665 on and you can also go into plugins now and download ondemand. Remember to go back and select don't allow untested updates so that the wife or kids don't try updating while you are out. hth If you are unsure about anything just ask there are plenty of members who
will help.

casuk
14th May, 2013, 11:21 PM
Done that its givein me options of veiw changes, full image back up .update and reboot ect just stays like that and will the update remove what is already in the box that I would like 2 keep ie sports

DOUGALMCD
15th May, 2013, 11:14 AM
You would just update it although I see in another thread you are having problems downloading plugins and box crashing. Maybe you will have to go back to reflashing latest image as one you have may be corrupted. Ask before you do anything someone will give you an answer.

casuk
15th May, 2013, 11:39 AM
that's what I am thinking myself, its working fine with no problems outher than plugins so I might just leave it

DOUGALMCD
15th May, 2013, 12:53 PM
If you are flashing green you can download stable update and when you view changes press green button to update.

casuk
15th May, 2013, 07:51 PM
Updated fine didnt make a diffrence still just frezein when doin anything in settings or set up, downloading epg is just sticking aswel

DOUGALMCD
15th May, 2013, 08:07 PM
What have you tried to download or ftp or telnet to box?

casuk
15th May, 2013, 08:20 PM
No sure how to do it iv got vu control center (thats the way it was done for me) butI'm lost way it

digicon
15th May, 2013, 11:12 PM
No sure how to do it iv got vu control center (thats the way it was done for me) butI'm lost way it

And what is it you would like to do with VUCC exactly as your question is a little vague to say the least

casuk
16th May, 2013, 09:20 AM
Id like to install plugins wen I'm downloading and install they fail all of them it is happening with the epg*to, I woke up with the startin download bar at bottom and radio playing (epg dl starts at 4am)

DOUGALMCD
16th May, 2013, 09:39 AM
You can set the time on download yourself. You may have to reflash and start again for box to work correctly.

casuk
16th May, 2013, 09:50 AM
think you are correct mate thanks for the info ill have a look at starting over from scrath

DOUGALMCD
16th May, 2013, 09:25 PM
If you have any problems just ask.

casuk
17th May, 2013, 11:17 AM
got it working, I enabled swap manager and epg downloaded with no crash and got on demand no problems either what good plugins should I go for

septicsmurf
17th May, 2013, 11:23 AM
Movie browser is a great plugin which replicates the xbmc layout. Scraping movie info and artwork for all your movie recordings

casuk
17th May, 2013, 12:09 PM
ill give a couple a try thanks