PDA

View Full Version : toyota avensis 2005 info display not working

verica
13th May, 2013, 10:38 PM
toyota avensis 2005 multifunction display is not working i open it didnt find any fuse burnd there is mcu nec 784936agf148 i think that is my problem did any one have saolution for this

perovuk
26th July, 2013, 06:56 PM
I have the same problem,found any solution?

todorst82
5th March, 2020, 09:03 PM
Hi guys, I had the same problem with Avensis 2005 display. It doesnt work at all, blank, no light, no symbols. I try to find solution here but I didnt find anything. Made more research and find some russian sites with info. I already fixed it - so the problem is in one SMD resistor of "0 Om". As I undestand this resistor its like fuse, but let someone with more knowledge to explain how it is works. Ive made some pictures. I hope that will help some Toyota owners!

kimpannen
28th July, 2021, 06:02 PM
I have the same problem with mine, it's completely dead

Danek25
1st August, 2021, 02:28 PM
hire you are825773

fuzz1
7th August, 2021, 02:20 PM
Hehehe
The zero ohm resistor is really a fuse. If blown don't replace it with solder. If there's another fault there will be more damage.

joaquinmjuan
28th June, 2023, 10:17 AM
Hi guys, I had the same problem with Avensis 2005 display. It doesnt work at all, blank, no light, no symbols. I try to find solution here but I didnt find anything. Made more research and find some russian sites with info. I already fixed it - so the problem is in one SMD resistor of "0 Om". As I undestand this resistor its like fuse, but let someone with more knowledge to explain how it is works. Ive made some pictures. I hope that will help some Toyota owners!

Thanks for the photos and input. It was the resistance. It can be changed well, and as the compi says, I would put another resistor, since it is acting as a fuse. In case it breaks, the screen is in a critical place, and the dashboard can be set on fire. I would put a resistor, or even, you can put a fuse there, but without going too far. I don't know what a current resistor 0603 supports, but if I put a fuse, I would put one at most 0.5A.
That line, I think, feeds the microprocessor. Therefore, the screen is dead.
Regards, and thank you very much!!.

joaquinmjuan
4th January, 2024, 11:38 AM
Hello, in my case, it is not the resistors, in fact, in the one in question here, 1.6V appears on both sides... I have checked and I have a Display that all the shunt or (0Ohms) resistors are fine. I have marked them with a green oval in the photo. Then, with blue oval, coils that appear 5V. There is one, with a Red oval, that raises the tension a little, and then falls. That tension feeds the screen. Any idea where to look? Thank you!. If you need any measurements, ask me and I'll post it.

razbab
28th March, 2024, 05:19 PM
I have the same issue.
EDIT: Fixed, it was the 0Ohm resistor. Thanks.