PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes SBC brake ecu counter reset

wiseman
14th May, 2013, 09:06 AM
Is there a way to manually read the EPROM inside the sensotronic brake system and reset the 300k counter without star, like virgin file etc... Here is DAS method http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=60315?
Stuck with this permanent fault code ATM198132...

wiseman
15th May, 2013, 08:35 AM
Bump.......

jp_olli
16th May, 2013, 11:12 AM
Tried once the Chinese reset tool, but it doesn?t work.

Star is your best option, buy it and then you have the best diagnostic tool for MB.

wiseman
16th May, 2013, 11:50 PM
Tried star procedure, counter was 466000 now it reads 0 but still fault brake service limit exceded remains current and stored. Driving me nuts

Robsonik
22nd May, 2013, 10:51 PM
You can make this via Developer Mode... I make this several times but I dont remember exactly always reading lots posiblities in Anstuerungen... But remember thats only reseting counter of Brake use and information on KI. That is no quarante to pump working good... mail fail.

wiseman
22nd May, 2013, 11:14 PM
I'm still stuck with this... I have tried a few different things to get the fault to clear. Brake counter is 0 and Remains 0 does not count up

Robsonik
22nd May, 2013, 11:27 PM
I have one SBC that's no working reseting these counters but I dont have solution for this because that was year a go and client have no time for waiting and have instaled other SBC... what error code You have ?

wiseman
23rd May, 2013, 08:22 AM
I have one SBC that's no working reseting these counters but I dont have solution for this because that was year a go and client have no time for waiting and have instaled other SBC... what error code You have ?

The fault code that returns is "C235A current service threshold reached" but I've seen another code for the brakes C249F which brings on the service threshold reached ... Hmm

ruwi
28th May, 2013, 07:47 PM
I repair, reset and recondition SBC units, and truth be told, the Star is NOT the only way to reset them. I don't have a Star (yet), but I have managed to reset countless of these units using a an SBC reset tool bought from our Chinese buddies. As long as you work VERY carefully when using this tool, you will not damage the SBC's extremely delicate internals. If my mind serves me correctly, I didn't pay more than $200 for the tool, and it paid for itself many moons ago. If you need further info, let me know...!

whiskymk
28th May, 2013, 08:19 PM
Open SBC unit and look for 24c02

ruwi
29th May, 2013, 07:31 AM
I have never seen a 24C02 in an SBC unit, the internals are unpackged, there are no ICs that you can simply plug onto. When I carry out a repair there are a few things I do depending on the fault, if the fault is simply a C249F, I open the SBC with 2 screwdrivers and a rubber mallot, being very carefull and certainly not doing this on the garage floor. Once opened I connect the SBC reset tool to the correct gold wires, afterwards powering up the reset tool. The software on the tool will have the SBC part no. Select the correct one and press 'fix', it will tell you if it has been completed successfully. When that's, very carefully remove the old silicon, be carefull not to slip when shaving it off, its too simple to damage the internals on an SBC. Do the same onthe lid, apply new high temperature silicon and replace the cover, make sure to turn the SBC over and leave it to sit on its lid for the curing time of the silicon. When you're done with that, remove the pentalobe bolts on the motor, remove the brushes too, go to your local bolt and nut supplier and get some that are the same but use say a no. 10 spanner, while you're out go to your local bosch and buy some brushes, you may or may not find the correct brushes but they're fairly simple to modify.go back, fit everything correctly. Bleed the brake system correctly once fitted and test. You may get a fault regarding the BOU if not bled correctly... I alwayscarry out this procedure and never see my customers again for the same reason... These SBCs are great modules, just bad for those who sit on their brakes...I hope this helps...