PDA

View Full Version : Commando 14.7 entering into an eternal loop when autobouqueting (post correction)

spudorange
14th May, 2013, 10:33 AM
Hi, I have re-worded (for clarity) this post, as I was unable to edit header of previous post from epg issues to autobouquet issues.

Flashed box with Commando_14-7-dm500 (27.1.2013) Ran online update.

set_my_location then ran autobouquets, It then shows:
"creating your local custom bouquets and stays that way, this goes on for hour after hour adding 10 seconds to the timer as it carry's on.

15120 seconds, 15130 seconds, 15140 seconds" etc etc

Only a power off and on would work but now I don't have any proper bouquets.
Attached is a picture of scan plus the files requested

appreciate any feedback you can give ta

PaphosAL
14th May, 2013, 12:46 PM
Just apply today's new online update and all will be resolved. This issue was caused by the "punjabi radio" channel being pulled the other day. It was our 'lead-out' final channel to find the end of the 'Digital Radio' bouquet.

We now use the "Absolute" station for this purpose, which produces 15 more Radio channels than previously.

Cheers- AL :)

spudorange
14th May, 2013, 04:23 PM
Your a star

thanks mate

really really appreciated

Just apply today's new online update and all will be resolved. This issue was caused by the "punjabi radio" channel being pulled the other day. It was our 'lead-out' final channel to find the end of the 'Digital Radio' bouquet.

We now use the "Absolute" station for this purpose, which produces 15 more Radio channels than previously.

PaphosAL
14th May, 2013, 06:16 PM
Fact is, prior to this update, we had AutoBouquets gracefully quitting if it couldn't find one of the bouquet header / tail channel names, and even restoring / reloading your previous channel lists (bouquets.xml and services.xml).

Shame we forgot to switch off the 10 second mesage counter and backdrop screen, to zap you back to your original channel you were watching, doh... :banghead:

Now, there's an extra layer of defences added to AutoBouquets. Is anyone here brave enough to give it a retro-test, to recreate the 30 April event, to prove it? Coz I have, over and over!

Cheers- AL ;)

spudorange
14th May, 2013, 11:19 PM
I have time and spare boxes so happy to test anything you wish

just shout

Fact is, prior to this update, we had AutoBouquets gracefully quitting if it couldn't find one of the bouquet header / tail channel names, and even restoring / reloading your previous channel lists (bouquets.xml and services.xml).

Shame we forgot to switch off the 10 second mesage counter and backdrop screen, to zap you back to your original channel you were watching, doh... :banghead:

Now, there's an extra layer of defences added to AutoBouquets. Is anyone here brave enough to give it a retro-test, to recreate the 30 April event, to prove it? Coz I have, over and over!

Cheers- AL ;)

PaphosAL
15th May, 2013, 07:35 PM
Spud- are you really sure, m8? If you haven't yet fully mastered FlashFXP transfers from PC to DM500 and vice-versa, then a forced 'bomb' test like this could cause you a lot of grief, if you find yourself unable to replace the test file with the backed-up genuine one?

Let's go in gently shall we please? FTP to the box and delete the /var/etc/version file.

Then go to the MENU > Utilities > Check for online C14.7 updates item and click it. If you update again, quickly this time, as there won't be a root image reflash, coz it's already been done, then I think you will be good to go for replicating my Armageddon test, LOL!

Cheers- AL ;)

spudorange
16th May, 2013, 10:43 AM
of course I am mate

Don't worry about my goof with flash fxp I just had no reason to reverse files previously and had "switch to local browser" off so was scratching my head.

I have various back up images include a virgin one so I can send back to supplier if I have a problem such as a faulty switch.
Yesterday after a 24 hour test after new update I backed that new one up (with cam enabled, plug in's setup and my area bouquets) so I have no problem reverted back to any image at any time.

Doing that first bit you ask on the spare box now and will advise in a bit

Spud- are you really sure, m8? If you haven't yet fully mastered FlashFXP transfers from PC to DM500 and vice-versa, then a forced 'bomb' test like this could cause you a lot of grief, if you find yourself unable to replace the test file with the backed-up genuine one?

Let's go in gently shall we please? FTP to the box and delete the /var/etc/version file.

Then go to the MENU > Utilities > Check for online C14.7 updates item and click it. If you update again, quickly this time, as there won't be a root image reflash, coz it's already been done, then I think you will be good to go for replicating my Armageddon test, LOL!

Cheers- AL ;)

spudorange
16th May, 2013, 10:57 AM
Done that for you

Ok
took the update and says latest etc etc installed rebooting neutrino
Has kept my area & has updated epg & is clearing channels ok

I am good to go later for you as I am out for lunch 11 - 3pm

PaphosAL
16th May, 2013, 05:16 PM
LOL! Neutrino restarted not rebooted! :)

Crikey! Sounds like a good lunch @ 4 hours! Hope you remembered a doggy bag for my Curry tomorrow?

OK. let's play... Just to reassure others with your imminent quality feedback, if you don't currently have GetEPG or RT-EPG set to auto-load at boot, would you please activate this feature for this test?

BLUE > BLUE > BLUE > GREEN to switch it ON if currently OFF, or MENU > 2 > GREEN and activate it there, whichever is easiest for you. We just want you to check the entire conditional process is as benign, safe, and as normal as it possibly can be if an error is found.

Overwrite the existing file in /var/bin with this temporary testfile, and then run AutoBouquets from BLUE > 2

After the 5 (ish) minute update Scan phase, observe very carefully what you see on screen, and then what happens 20+ seconds later.

Evidence of the failed event will be found in the /var/log and also in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit folders. Recovery afterwards is easy- just re-Update like you did earlier, or overwrite my bad file with your backed-up good one!

Thanks for being such a sport, m8! Cheers- AL ;)

spudorange
16th May, 2013, 08:57 PM
Lunch was good, we have an area local (ish) we call the "balti belt" They do the most authentic and brilliant curries imaginable, the choice is fantastic,
literally fifty or sixty to choose from lunchtime and hundreds at night. Never saved you any though lol.
================================================== ===========================

Switched on the epg on boot in menu as suggested.
copied file across
ran autobouquets
after scan it showed briefly a "service not found in etc etc" then quickly jumped to
"Your original services and bouquets were backed-up and have now been restored and reloaded".

I rebooted and it ran getepg auto, now seems to be fine

what would you like me to do next please Al?

PaphosAL
17th May, 2013, 09:49 AM
Had you NOT rebooted (coz I never asked you to do that) it would have been smart enough to know that an auto-reboot would have been made IF AutoBouquets had completed successfully, so would have loaded GetEPG about 20 secs after the 2nd popup automatically!

Thanks for testing, and you can now restore your box to its pre-test state.

Cheers- AL ;)

spudorange
17th May, 2013, 10:29 AM
oops sorry about that

I did the reboot after 15 minutes as I wished to know whether it would be loading & getting epg ok

jumped the gun

apologies

PaphosAL
18th May, 2013, 05:23 PM
Nope- the apologies are mine, as are more thanks for your test, m8. Your feedback in fact alerted us to the fact that summat wasn't quite right, if nothing happened for 15 minutes afterwards.

I made a last-minute untested change to the epg load conditional, only to discover on rechecking this earlier, that I was looking for a condition that couldn't possibly exist at that stage, doh... In hindsight, the condtional wasn't even needed. Corrected for the next online update.

Thanks again! AL ;)

TestyRound Eye
4th October, 2013, 06:03 PM
Al, I am getting an error today when I run autoboquets saying it can't find absolute in digital radio. Any ideas to fix this. Thanks

colinh1213
4th October, 2013, 10:05 PM
getting same error as TRE , have only had this since new update , and when error comes up it aborts autobouquet run , deletes box nation from bouquets also weird one this , before the last commando update i get the same error but with mtv can't be found , only on one dm500 though , pap any clues on it mate ?

TestyRound Eye
5th October, 2013, 07:52 AM
I have lost it as well. Mutv, setanta, bt sport are also not working

psats
5th October, 2013, 11:14 AM
I have lost it as well. Mutv, setanta, bt sport are also not working

new sat xml is needed sly are moveing stuff around.

TestyRound Eye
5th October, 2013, 02:05 PM
Great. Thanks for your help. New sat.xml available here.
NEW Satellite.xml ALL Channels Back (http://www.ukcvs.net/forum/showthread.php?29737-NEW-Satellite-xml-ALL-Channels-Back)

PaphosAL
5th October, 2013, 04:01 PM
Here's a modded version of Ronan's new satellites.xml that has my added line to still grab the TSid=07d4 / Sid=1038 epg data radio channel on Frequency 11778000 so that GetEPG will still work for you.

We're holding off from panic knee-jerk reactions in online updates until we see that the dust has settled. This is indeed a MAJOR reshuffle on 28.2E that involves a brand new Astra satellite coming on stream.

IMPORTANT: When you overwrite the old /var/etc/satellites.xml file with today's new one attached, a REBOOT is needed for neutrino to store the new sats in memory!

If you're on GetEPG as default EPG platform and have this set to load at boot, then BEFORE rebooting, please temporarily disable 'Load EPG at boot' in Settings > Green

Reboot and then run AutoBouquets to update all the new services. After THAT auto-reboots, reverse what you did in the paragraph above (if it applies to you. If it does apply, then afterwrds, you can load GetEPG manually during an AD break for the current session with BLUE > 3)

All good fun! AL ;)

MelvisP
5th October, 2013, 06:15 PM
Same here. When I run auto bouquets it says it can't find absolute in digital radio and the bouquets are not created correctly. It only makes bouquets called BslyB, unknown provider, freesat and Arqiva.

PaphosAL
5th October, 2013, 06:35 PM
Have you not read my post above yours? :confused:

MelvisP
5th October, 2013, 06:39 PM
Have you not read my post above yours? :confused: Sorry Al, I should have refreshed the page before I posted........ Everything is working fine now.

peggybobby
6th October, 2013, 01:43 PM
hi PaphosAL I have tried your method above but still get an error 07d7 is missing then when looking at the bouquets sport is missing and movies is missing all I have is regional,sky box office,entertainment,BSKYB,factual, and shopping................. any more hints were I am going wrong? rgrds peggybobby

PaphosAL
6th October, 2013, 04:03 PM
Major things are still going on 23,500 miles above the Equator @ 28.2E up there. Transponders switching on and off like fairy lights. Be patient.

Just keep trying until you hit the sweet spot. It's not Team Commando nor the latest C14.7 update that's causing this disruption, you know. Everyone, no matter what image or box they are using, if they are on 28.2E, then they are ALL feeling the impact of these transitional changes.

peggybobby
6th October, 2013, 04:14 PM
one sits back........... scratches ones arse!! and says I thought I was following to the letter.. thanks for the update ! Al rgrds peggybobby

gazza12
6th October, 2013, 04:14 PM
Was trying to update the bouqets this morning for a box in Rep Of Irl, using the instructions below and uploading the Sat...xml file you attached resolved my issue of getting [Absolute] being mentioned.

Thanks...

Here's a modded version of Ronan's new satellites.xml that has my added line to still grab the TSid=07d4 / Sid=1038 epg data radio channel on Frequency 11778000 so that GetEPG will still work for you.

We're holding off from panic knee-jerk reactions in online updates until we see that the dust has settled. This is indeed a MAJOR reshuffle on 28.2E that involves a brand new Astra satellite coming on stream.

IMPORTANT: When you overwrite the old /var/etc/satellites.xml file with today's new one attached, a REBOOT is needed for neutrino to store the new sats in memory!

If you're on GetEPG as default EPG platform and have this set to load at boot, then BEFORE rebooting, please temporarily disable 'Load EPG at boot' in Settings > Green

Reboot and then run AutoBouquets to update all the new services. After THAT auto-reboots, reverse what you did in the paragraph above (if it applies to you. If it does apply, then afterwrds, you can load GetEPG manually during an AD break for the current session with BLUE > 3)

All good fun! AL ;)

parkhall
6th October, 2013, 09:40 PM
Hi Al,

Every time I follow the instructions and add the new satellites, my transponder scan fails... Any ideas?

Thanks

spudorange
7th October, 2013, 12:02 PM
Look at post 19 by Al and follow it EXACTLY

I did and finally managed to get it to scan properly, (Thanks Al) as he says there's a lot going on so we may have to play again when things settle down.

I also deleted the services file and let it re pick it up, not sure if it helped but I think it did.

Hi Al,

Every time I follow the instructions and add the new satellites, my transponder scan fails... Any ideas?

Thanks

peggybobby
7th October, 2013, 01:06 PM
where is the services file to delete spudorange or how to please... rgrds peggybobby

spudorange
7th October, 2013, 03:19 PM
in var/etc

delete then reboot and try running autobouquets again

where is the services file to delete spudorange or how to please... rgrds peggybobby

delly007
11th October, 2013, 07:27 PM
Was trying to update the bouquets there now and primetime is causing the same problem as before

voc1967
11th October, 2013, 08:17 PM
Seem here not picking setanta anymore from they moved fec . It wont show up in bouquets any more after scan .

parkhall
12th October, 2013, 11:07 AM
Hi again,

I've followed Al's instructions to the letter and for some reason it continues to tell me transponder scan has failed. As a result I can't even run autobouquets or set my location because the transponder scan fails every time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

timmay667
12th October, 2013, 12:26 PM
Hey guys,

Like Al said a couple of days ago there is still some changes going on. Be patient for a couple of days and the commando team will have an update out soon enough for us.

Luckily there's no premier league this weekend so we're not too put out!

voc1967
12th October, 2013, 01:43 PM
Read post 43 in the link below as it fixed my box and autobouquets is working fine now .

................:rulez:...................

remakable
12th October, 2013, 07:16 PM
can you please upload that file in here as i dont have the account for ukcv.

voc1967
12th October, 2013, 07:30 PM
can you please upload that file in here as i dont have the account for ukcv.

Here you go Zippyshare.com - satellites.rar (http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/40881905/file.html)

peggybobby
13th October, 2013, 10:25 AM
voc1967 thanks mate works a treat all bouquets are back .... rgrds peggybobby

remakable
13th October, 2013, 01:38 PM
thank you voc, is there any way you can upload latest e1 bouquete list for dm500s on sky uk. i would appriciate.

parkhall
13th October, 2013, 06:41 PM
Primetime now my problem too!

delly007
13th October, 2013, 10:39 PM
voc1967 thanks for the heads up works a treat

ihatedeskjets
17th October, 2013, 07:39 AM
Didn't work for me, ended with 'Warning bouquet service name not found in

I did a full scan before running ab to get a clean astra bouquet for it to work with, maybe that was wrong thing to do, will reflash and try again

After a re-flash and replacing the satellites.xml and reboot I ran ab and ended up with service name not found again, now I have bouquets bs*yb Bouquet 14 - interctive, Bs**B, Unknown provider, another B***B, Freesat and Arqiva

Yeeeehah!

Eureka it work, re-flash, replace the satellites.xml apply updates, then run AB and all is well,

spudorange
17th October, 2013, 10:37 AM
Getting calls today that last weeks fix has been "shall I say" over written, cos we are back to limited asian channels and no setanta, bt sport etc

I got everything working with Al's help and saved the image.

Been happily swapping boxes and now back to square one aagghhh

Going have a play and will come back in a while if I can make progress

peggybobby
17th October, 2013, 12:05 PM
@ spudorange AL said he was going to do an online update soon as all the shit channels have moved eventually .... on ukcvs forum rgds peggybobby

spudorange
17th October, 2013, 02:04 PM
Got it sorted now thankfully.
Followed Al (post 19)

grabbed and copied in, a new satellites.xml file, rebooted, set my region, ran ab and is now well again (for a few days lol)

hope it helps

Getting calls today that last weeks fix has been "shall I say" over written, cos we are back to limited asian channels and no setanta, bt sport etc

I got everything working with Al's help and saved the image.

Been happily swapping boxes and now back to square one aagghhh

Going have a play and will come back in a while if I can make progress225094

spudorange
17th October, 2013, 02:46 PM
that sounds good

thanks for the advice

@ spudorange AL said he was going to do an online update soon as all the shit channels have moved eventually .... on ukcvs forum rgds peggybobby

PaphosAL
17th October, 2013, 07:17 PM
There's a new working satellites.xml I posted here on D-K within the last hour or two, just browse for it.

Cheers- AL ;)