PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE - having problems with streaming via pc and android.......

VUnewbie
15th May, 2013, 07:49 PM
Hi all,

Am very new to this and really hope you can help. We are using our second vu duo box as our first clone died. We are now running vu duo v3 and since then have not been able to stream to pc or tablet. We were previously able to and the friend who set the first box up isnt sure what setting allowed for the streaming but it was picked up in es file explorer and the ip address would stream fine on the pc. Now I have tried installing openwebif as a plugin and vlc player as a plug and have attempted to set both up on both pc and tablet (android) but neither are working. Is this a common problem with v3 or am I missing something?? I'm so confused as it worked perfectly before and trying now is like drawing blood from a stone.

Please help before I tear more hair out!!!! Any guides or pointers to any other forums welcome

VUnewbie

DOUGALMCD
16th May, 2013, 08:18 AM
If you have openwebif on the vu then just type the box's ip address into the address bar on pc or tablet and openwebif will open up and show you the menu. hth

VUnewbie
16th May, 2013, 12:44 PM
Hey, Ive tried that and it logs in fine but just wont stream. In either WMP or VLC player. The IP worked before putting open webif plug in onto the box. Just dont know why its not working........

septicsmurf
16th May, 2013, 02:15 PM
Ok mate, what image are you using? If it's vix 3.0 build 664 or above there is an issue that is being looked into.
Streaming not working on them for some reason.

VUnewbie
25th May, 2013, 11:07 AM
Ok mate, what image are you using? If it's vix 3.0 build 664 or above there is an issue that is being looked into.
Streaming not working on them for some reason.

Thank u! Box info is -

Model VU+ duo
Chipset - BCM7335
Kernel - 3.1.1
Drivers - 2012-10-25
Version - 3.0
Build - 558
Last update - 1/11/13

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!