edisitaru
2nd June, 2008, 11:37 AM
Different MAC adress. Original: 00.09.34.xx.xx.xx
Clone: other

<--edisitaru added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...-->

Example: 00.12.67.xx.xx.xx

meditel
2nd June, 2008, 07:43 PM
it is possible to change mac address of clone dreambox ?

interaktas
4th June, 2008, 10:47 AM
Googling i found DreamBox 500 mac generator v2.0, did't try it yet, because my dm is still adios amigos :goodnight:

neohack
4th June, 2008, 10:17 PM
There are a few pages on the net that show the motherboard of the real DM 500 VS the clone

<--neohack added 4 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...-->

Check the following link for original vs clone DM500
http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/images/DM%20500%20original_copy%20150dpi%20A4.jpg

<--neohack added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...-->

Check the following link for original vs clone DM500
http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/images/DM%20500%20original_copy%20150dpi%20A4.jpg

C64
4th June, 2008, 11:25 PM
Why bother anyway?

Some of the clones are better than the real thing.

Just don't use the Gemini Project images - they are shit anyway. :)

bosiyak
5th June, 2008, 06:13 PM
my dreambox mac is 00.09.34.xx.xx.xx but its klone

tonsa2222
5th June, 2008, 06:52 PM
Hologram sticker is different from the original.

mentoza
5th June, 2008, 11:20 PM
hello::beerglass:

zach
6th June, 2008, 04:09 PM
I think that the mac adress that begin by 09 is manufactured in germany. there is some original dreambox that the mac adress begin with an other number

<--zach added 100 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...-->

My DM seems to be original as explained in the dreambox site.but the bomb checker says that is infected.It's great mistake.

g33za
8th June, 2008, 11:32 AM
The mac address can be checked on a vender database here (you only need to enter the first 6 characters):

http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/?string=00.09.34

00.09.34 is registered to Dream-Multimedia-Tv G, so could be real maybe?

I've 2 clones, both start with 00 12 25 comes up as Motorola BCS..

http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/?string=001225

txrx
9th June, 2008, 07:47 AM
have anyone successfully revive a clone dm500?

<--txrx added 4 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...-->

i think i have made more then 5 post but i still cannot download, what the problem?

matsulas
9th June, 2008, 11:49 AM

mopy13
9th June, 2008, 01:04 PM

Yes! I put to clonebox(optibox) new bootloader with right mac 00:09:34...
wbr-mopy13

anoirtiger1
11th June, 2008, 08:53 AM
thaks you a lot

boekkie
19th June, 2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks,I can change maxadres!

satman
19th June, 2008, 04:39 PM
Why bother anyway?

Some of the clones are better than the real thing.

Just don't use the Gemini Project images - they are shit anyway. :)

Bother because if you dont know chances are one day you could be looking at a doorstopper, jtag doesnt work everytime!,,,,,

clones have NEVER been better than the real thing, thats just utter nonsense,
and gemini image, in all honesty from a developers point of view is a excellent image,,,
And in future you will see more the bigger teams will have such procedures in place, and mabie even sneaked into the cvs...,, Down with the clones!!!

aftermath
19th June, 2008, 05:07 PM
Hmnnnn , thats a shame as i regarded my clone better than my original.

better tuner.

no sound volume problems.

and i get far more chans to work.

I just gave my original one away a week ago, and kept the clone.

Neil
19th June, 2008, 05:15 PM
clones have NEVER been better than the real thing, thats just utter nonsense,
and gemini image, in all honesty from a developers point of view is a excellent image,

Its good to see someone saying that Gemini is a good image. Especially someone involved with creating images. I think the Gemini is one of the best available. Everything just seams easy to use on the image. With a couple of tweaks it could be perfect ;)

pacman362
19th June, 2008, 05:59 PM
You can tell by the case srews that the box is a clone as they have cheap quality fine threaded screws in them as apposed to self tappers in the original boxes.

satman
19th June, 2008, 07:34 PM
Hmnnnn , thats a shame as i regarded my clone better than my original.

better tuner.

no sound volume problems.

and i get far more chans to work.

I just gave my original one away a week ago, and kept the clone.

Sorry to hear that aftermath, but, common never been any better clone tuners,,,,,( seen all 4,, yes 4 versions )
( even the machine gun tank style threaded type are poor ),,,,

Sound volume problems??? thats related to your drivers in the image, and the clone boxes are running on same firmwares so i am afraid that ones is more than likely you looking for something more positive...

and you get more channels to work??? umm sorry dont understand that either,,, how can you get more channels from one box to another??? it same box, same tuner,, same software,,same softcams, same keys,,,,,, how does one aquire more channels?

I can understand perhaps you have had a box that the tuner has just been ~~~~ed ( in which case if under a year old would have been sorted under its year warranty ) but I promise thats things that just are not better,,,,,, it cant be,,,,

aftermath
19th June, 2008, 07:39 PM
my original one had the push in tuner, which was poor.

The clone is a screw in one, hence a better connection, and got the missing channels E4, E4+1 e.t.c.

Thats my honest opinion on what i have here, i am not speaking on behalf of all boxes.

satman
19th June, 2008, 07:50 PM
my original one had the push in tuner, which was poor.

The clone is a screw in one, hence a better connection, and got the missing channels E4, E4+1 e.t.c.

Thats my honest opinion on what i have here, i am not speaking on behalf of all boxes.

yup, thats the ones im talking about,,,,,,,,, ( machine gun style screw tuners )
And does one know where they tuners came from???

they were second hand tuners that had been used by the Shenzen lot in a panic. And they are 1st generation alps tuner!!! or the alps drivers in the images would not work it!!! ( well i never seen any clone-only images with drivers for there tuners ) after they ran out of there original push in alps tuner....true mate, honest, take any new one apart and rub your hand down it you will get 2 or 3yr old dust on them,,,,
Yes its a better connection i agree, but the tuner i promise against a working original push in alps one is not as good..... This i can guarantee after spending many hours trying to help people with them,,, locally and on the net.
You should have sent your box back ( the orignal ) and got it replaced under warranty as you must have had a ~~~~ed tuner,,, your missing channels were coming from bad signal,, nothing in the slightest to do with the box itself,,,But i respect your opinion as you only had the 1 against 1,, but cant work out why if it was an original it never crossed your mind that it is just faulty?

aftermath
19th June, 2008, 08:14 PM
satman i respect your opinion.

when i had the original box, and only had about 10 missing channels, i bought a yellow brick signal booster which , then picked up the missing channels, since then i got the clone and didnt need the yellow brick.

Thats why i got rid of the original one, and i gave it away for free ( family ) so i dont feel bad.

I agree in principal that original is better than clone, just for me it didnt work that way.

Roll on the clone 800, as ?380 is too expensive for a real one

satman
19th June, 2008, 08:20 PM
satman i respect your opinion.

when i had the original box, and only had about 10 missing channels, i bought a yellow brick signal booster which , then picked up the missing channels, since then i got the clone and didnt need the yellow brick.

Thats why i got rid of the original one, and i gave it away for free ( family ) so i dont feel bad.

I agree in principal that original is better than clone, just for me it didnt work that way.

Roll on the clone 800, as ?380 is too expensive for a real one

oki,, ive said my halfpennyworth anyway, end of that,
man but to end it with that is a disappointment, why would you like to see boxes being cloned? this is what causes so many problems, on so many levels,, for so many people......this approach is whats caused so many problems originally for the traders, but now with clone killing software the end user...,, and partially the reason why dreams boxes are so dam expensive.... and 1) by the time its cloned it will be cheaper,, 2) there are other linux boxes outwith dreambox that you will get original receiver with warrantys, example the dgstation made ipbox900 or 9000, ( the 900 is about the equivalent of a dm800 but only rrp about ?270 ),, the 9000 will be twice the price but a twin tuner,,,, anyways not the point, point is look elsewhere instead of supporting the cloners which is killing all our un-found happiness in the end..

Neil
19th June, 2008, 11:18 PM
anyways not the point, point is look elsewhere instead of supporting the cloners which is killing all our un-found happiness in the end..

I have always had that opinion which is why I own 3 original Dreambox's. I have recently bought a used clone 500c just because it was cheap. I do agree about the cloners killing off our hobby if we are not careful. I think there are 2 schools of thought, those that want to get free TV as cheaply as possible and those that enjoy playing with their boxes and class it as a hobby.

I dip my toes into both waters. I enjoy playing with my sat box and the 7025 but my 600 and 500 are just for the family to watch TV. A bit of a hypocrit I know.

rs1600
20th June, 2008, 12:29 AM
have you heard of dreambox clone flybox fb-500s?