PDA

View Full Version : Mobile upgrade

alker ranger
25th March, 2009, 07:49 PM
I am looking to upgrade my mobile soon and would like a touch screen one any recommendations welcome.

Ruggerplumber
26th April, 2009, 12:27 AM
I am looking to upgrade my mobile soon and would like a touch screen one any recommendations welcome.

All depends on what your after, I personally am getting the Nokia N97 in june 'july, looks like it'll blow the iphone away, however, people I know swear by the iphone Lg looks nice although I haven't really looked into that brand yet

yamar1
26th April, 2009, 06:28 PM

keep away from the samsung,, its terrible!;)

stringy09
27th April, 2009, 01:55 PM
I've never had any problems with HTC based phones.

But avoid the BlackBerry Storm like the plague, i've had 3 different ones in 2 months, terrible reliability issues!

Now have BlackBerry Pearl 8110, this isn't a touch screen phone though.

My 2nd phone is a HTC Touch which i've had for about 2 years now and had no problems with it & if you get a windows mobile based handset you can get more or less all software, satnav etc from torrent sites for free.

caveman_nige
27th April, 2009, 02:06 PM
Hmmmm my BB Storm is great, never had a single issue with it, its superb for me as I need the push email they offer and is so well built (robust), however the Iphone spanks it's arse when it comes to gadget and app availability.

Not tried the N97 but seem the pics and it looks the biz but will not be available until on July 09 and i think only on Vodafone... i know a few people with these HTC things and say all say good things about them...

stringy09
27th April, 2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah i think I have had terrible luck with mine. I thought i would get another form of BB as i still need the email, so went for thier smallest handset instead.

My Storm was great when it worked, it just didnt work that often lol

lfc4life
27th April, 2009, 10:52 PM
htc or i phone looking good! have good look around first! and reviews mate :D

alker ranger
15th May, 2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the replies, i opted for the nokia 5800 in the end upto now great phone all though i havent worked out all its functions yet. cheers