PDA

View Full Version : Tuner - nothing connected

student
25th March, 2009, 08:10 PM
Hi guys, I have DM7025 with one S and C tuner. I just reinstalled the latest Gemini image, the C tuner works fine, but I have forgotten how to set up the Sat one.

When I go to Main menu -> Tuner configuration -> Choose tuner-> it says nothing connected, and I know it is as I was using my the old image no problem.

Sorry to ask something so basic, but my memory is not working very well today

alanbk
25th March, 2009, 08:16 PM
You have to select the sat that u are pointing at and do a scan.....

student
25th March, 2009, 08:37 PM
Yes I know, but I am not able to choose any sats.

From the Main menu-> Sat finder -> No satellite frontend found

and

Main menu -> Positioner setup -> No tuner is configured for use with diseqc positioner

westkill
25th March, 2009, 08:45 PM
reflash image
on first boot of a new image thats when it checks what tuners you got in
see if does it again
then if it does open the lid and see if the tuner is dislodged
just a wild guess lol

student
25th March, 2009, 08:54 PM
That does sound like wild guess, or worst case scenario.

Is there any way to tell the box to use the tuner or tell it how to use diseqc, without reflashing it?

despdan
25th March, 2009, 09:16 PM
That does sound like wild guess, or worst case scenario.

Is there any way to tell the box to use the tuner or tell it how to use diseqc, without reflashing it?I would have to agree with Westkill. The box doesn't see the card so I would turn off the box make sure the card is seated. Restart the box if that dont work then I would flash again.

student
25th March, 2009, 09:45 PM
Ok guys I'll follow your advice. I'll reinstall things tomorrow morning as I have to record Sir Sugar and desperate housewives tonight for the MRS

felix1
27th March, 2009, 03:21 AM
i have configured a dm7025+ for friends and found that with the gemini image it does show nothing connected. even after setting it up correctly and having it working, if you disconnect the power, it reverts back to showing nothing connected. no idea why as previous images didnt have these problems.

student
27th March, 2009, 04:24 PM
I have reflashed the box with Gemini 4.1 and also 4.0 and after going through the basic set up I have the satellite tuner connected. However when I try to do a scan on 19.2 I don?t get any services. What do I need to set up before I can do a scan? What am I missing pls?

Many thanks student

scorpion007
29th March, 2009, 09:03 PM
Hi you need to configure your sat tuner to simple setup then select the usuals mode and use positioner mode.even if you don't have a motor connected.then you can manually scan the
sats or down load the pre-configured sat lists like liakra motor settings.

student
30th March, 2009, 04:01 PM
Thank you, I have just done that. Set up as Positioner mode and comes as usals when I look at the settings for the S tuner. Them I created satellite.xml, reboot and I do manual scan on 19.2 and find no services.

What am I still doing wrong? Many thanks for any advice.

westkill
30th March, 2009, 06:30 PM
when in tuner setup configeration mode scroll right to advanced settings
if using motorised setup

westkill
30th March, 2009, 06:34 PM
try here m8 :)
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/re-config-settings-dm-7025-motor-setup-26964/
might help lol

student
30th March, 2009, 07:54 PM
Many thanks westkill. Yes, I am using motorised set up. ATM I have my dish “parked” at 28.2 and get perfectly good signal.

I have followed your steps and have it set up as in the advanced mode, with same settings like yours.

But when I try to do a manual scan for example on 19.2, the dish doesn’t move and the scan includes channels like BBC1, Five etc. So it hasn’t moved away from 28.2, any idea why?

westkill
31st March, 2009, 08:01 AM
service searching>positoner setup
then press goto 0
see if that moves the dish back to zero on the motor
then see if it moves to 19.2e to scan
wild guess lol

student
31st March, 2009, 01:26 PM
Unfortunately nothing, it doesn?t seem to move from 28.2 at all.

Is there anything else I can try?

Does it make any difference if while flashing the box the sat coax is connected to the box or not?

student
31st March, 2009, 06:25 PM
This is my satellite stting if it helps, is there any mistake please?

Configuration Mode > advanced
Satellite > Eurobird1/Astra2A/2B/2C/2D (28.2E)
LNB > LNB 1
Priority > Auto
LOF > Universal LNB
Voltage mode > Polarization
Tone mode > Band
DiSEqC mode > 1.2
Toneburst > None
Commited DiSEqC command > None
Fast DiSEqC > no
Sequence repeat > no
Command order > committed, toneburst
Uncommitted DiSEqC command > None
DiSEqC repeats > None
Longitude > 00X.XXX East
Latitude > 0XX.XXX North
Use Power Measurement > yes
Power treshold in mA > 050
Rotor turning speed > Fast
Use usals for this sat > yes

I am seriously running out of ideas, so any help will be more then welcome. Thanks

westkill
1st April, 2009, 07:26 AM
in your longtitude im sure what ever your cordinates are im sure it should be on west
mine are
****long 1.013 west****
****lat 51.444 north****

have you double checked yours :)
and is there a way to restart your motor there should be a button under the motor and check the coaxal cable on the motor
just a thought lol

student
1st April, 2009, 10:29 AM
Mine coordinates are filled in, just didn?t want to publish them on the net. I will have a look at the option with the motor, when I can as I off on holiday soon and motor is high up. I?ll report back them.

Thanks for the help so far.

scorpion007
3rd April, 2009, 09:12 PM
Hi again I have noticed sometimes scans don't work unless you
first put in a transponder manually on a sat you want to scan
then when it has found some channels do a full scan this usually
gets the tuner to wakeup and start actually locking into transponders.good luck.