PDA

View Full Version : lcd tv lost colors..

tempo123
17th May, 2013, 01:22 PM
Hi all, I have a low cost Toshiba 32 lcd TV that has lost the colors.... sound is fine just the colors, mainly the picture looks like in black and wight with the occasional pale blue face or orange . The picture on tv is quite bright so I think (but I could be very wrong) that is not the inverter board. What could it be?
any idea what is wrong on my tv please so I can start to think if it is worth repairing it or not? What bugger me is that it is only two years and 2 days old, it is not my main TV so it has not been used a lot.
Many thanks for your help

lagerland
17th May, 2013, 05:25 PM
I think your do better posting that in here m8.........................

Home Entertainment & HD Media (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f102/)

daithi
19th May, 2013, 01:27 PM
have you tried connecting to tv through another source like scart or another hdmi connection
it could be a dodgy input

ajax2061
20th May, 2013, 06:04 PM
sounds like the screen tabs have worked loose sometimes you can fix this with thin rubber blocks on them its a trail and error thing and you gotta be happy to take the tv apart could also be main board but with the colours sometimes being blue and orange this is what I would base my guess off as iffy tabs can do this (the tabs are very thin ribbons connections on the edge of the screen)

tempo123
22nd May, 2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks to all foryour help, yes the tv is now working fine, I don't really know what I have done to it.... I took the tv down and opened the tv... touch a few ribbon cables clean a bit of dirt , check a few connections and look to some capacitors to find if some were no good....and plug the tv in while was still open... the colors came back to normal. I haven t got a clue what was....