PDA

View Full Version : 2004 civic ep3 remote syncing

aidyk
17th May, 2013, 07:42 PM
i have 2 civics here 2003 and 2004 type r with alarm activating when unlock door . battery went flat in both cars, i have tried the normal procedure ign on, press lock, off, on etc then hold lock button, just as its supposed to be done everywhere ive looked car responds to lock and unlock button as if its in programming mode but remote still wont work, ive disconnected battery checked fuses checked door switches and bonnet all seem ok, is there any other way i can resync these.? its doing my head in as alarm activates when car is unlocked after a while.

thanks

Automat
17th May, 2013, 09:12 PM
Check fob batteries?

workdamnyou
18th May, 2013, 09:31 PM

aidyk
19th May, 2013, 12:19 AM
I had similar problems on a 2006 Civic before.

The alarm module (located in the boot) dies if the main battery looses power.

Honda dealers solution: A new alarm module at E700

Easier solution: Remove alarm module and throw it away...central locking will still work.

Hope this helps mate. yes this will be great if i can disable alarm, where exactly is it.?

workdamnyou
19th May, 2013, 08:52 AM
My one was in the drivers side of the boot, above the wheel arch kind of area. Removing the carpet and activating the alarm will make it easier to find :)

pianoman58
19th May, 2013, 11:13 PM
The remotes are recieved by a little box clipped up on the left side of the steering column between the column and the heater box. Get a used one with remotes off another car and plug it in. it works straightaway, no programming required

aidyk
24th May, 2013, 01:15 PM
The remotes are recieved by a little box clipped up on the left side of the steering column between the column and the heater box. Get a used one with remotes off another car and plug it in. it works straightaway, no programming required
excellent mate ill try get a second hand fob and unit.

Meat-Head
26th May, 2013, 02:44 PM
Agree with other rumors saying battery volts kills them, like. ?1,000000000 from honda