PDA

View Full Version : digitizer not working

pongo snodgrass
17th May, 2013, 10:49 PM
i replaced the cracked digitizer assembly on my ipod touch 3g 32gb version with a replacement that was taken from a similar working ipod touch...now the ipod powers up, connects to itunes, can update to latest firmware, yet the touch screen is not rsponding to touch, i cant slide to unlock...any ideas whats wrong....ice checked and reseated the only connection yet it still is unresponsive..

johnboy1974
19th May, 2013, 05:18 PM
If you've reseated the connection and sure it's seated properly then I would suggest its a faulty digitiser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pongo snodgrass
20th May, 2013, 12:19 PM
hmmm...yes but it was taken off another working ipod touch 3g that had other issues....anyway was thinking of getting the complete unit off ebay, but they are obviously fakes, ive seen someone selling just the glass digitizer genuine, but i still need to buy the frame and also how do you take take off the home button as the digitizer im thinking of getting doesnt come with the home button, seems impossible to take off the home button...cheers

mobileunlockers
20th May, 2013, 01:01 PM
there is a crystal Ic on the PCB, try to re-flow it with air station. but make sure reflow all the Ic's or else it will be dead.

johnboy1974
20th May, 2013, 08:13 PM
I've bought a few complete units for iPhones off amazon which were great, so have a look on there and check the feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD