PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Image install VU+ Solo2

Danian
18th May, 2013, 10:33 PM
Hi all,

My friend has just purchased a VU+ Solo2 and has asked me to configurer, however i have never played with one of these before, i have onlu used Dreamboxes.

I have plugged the device in and have FTPed CCCAM to the tmp directory but can not fink how to install the tgz file. I have read around and it said to press the Green then Yellow buttons to install, however the Green button does nothing. So on to plan B, i have read alot and everyone is mentioning Black Hole. i have therefore found the following image:

Blackhole 2.0.3 Hyperspace by VanGerwen
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f188/black-hole-2-0-3-hyperspace-vu-solo-backup-vangerwen-339580/

My only issue is the image was for a VU+ Solo and i have a Solo2, so not sure if thats the problem.

I followed the guide below:

Unzip the vuplus folder to the root directory of a USB Pen Drive.
Power off Vu+ with switch on the back
Insert USB Pen Drive into the USB socket on Vu+
Power on Vu+
Image will auto install from the USB Stick.
Look at the display on the receiver, it'll display when the update has finished.
Remove the USB Stick
Power off receiver.
Power on Receiver.

Image is now installed.

However on bootup it didn't load the new image and it booted as normal to the BBC one channel.

What am i doing wrong. To be clear, i dont care about the image, i just want to b able to install CCCAM and add my config and bouquet asap.

Thanks if you can help...
D

digicon
18th May, 2013, 10:43 PM
To flash a Vu Solo2 extract image to USB place USB in Solo2 making sure no other USB's are plugged in the solo2, turn off the solo2 with the power switch to rear and with USB inserted power back on and press the power button on the front panel.

Please make sure you only use Solo2 images

Danian
18th May, 2013, 10:46 PM
To flash a Vu Solo2 extract image to USB place USB in Solo2 making sure no other USB's are plugged in the solo2, turn off the solo2 with the power switch to rear and with USB inserted power back on and press the power button on the front panel.

Please make sure you only use Solo2 images

Thanks,

I presume the image above is for Solo and not Solo2 then?

Can you point me at the newest Solo2 Black image please...

Thanks...

McrRed
19th May, 2013, 12:01 AM
Try googling vuplus blackhole 2.03 solo2 you should find it...

Good luck!

Sent from my F9S using Tapatalk HD

glenviewjf
19th May, 2013, 12:40 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f187/black-hole-2-0-3-hyperspace-vu-solo2-backup-vangerwen-340028/

Thats the Vu Solo2 version!

Working very well for me too!

satsmo
19th May, 2013, 01:10 AM
Please do not upload any image containing CAMs to our forum.