PDA

View Full Version : FVDI BMW Vs BMW MULTI TOOL , and FVDI VAG Vs VVDI WHO WINS

aassfour
21st May, 2013, 09:44 PM
as a locksmith i used to do the BMW on Rosfar and Tango , which doesnt do CAS3+ All keys lost situation and no CAS4 but i think they will add it in the future and its goin to be a payable option $$$$ and all the VAG on MVP PRO, but to cut the work time i want to do the BMW by OBD and on a reliable Machine that can do the CAS4 100% perfectly in the future.
so between FVDI BMW and BMW MULTI TOOL , which wins ?

as for the VAG, i do it on MVPPRO which is token programmer, so losing 2 tokens each time i program (22$ on any key) loss , but still it doesnt do CAYENNE 2004 , it DOESNT do A6 , it DOESNT do Q7 , it DOESNT give you the CS 6th bytes for GTI 2006 > , so its becoming a bit of hassle doing the key on them and taking more time to do it and since our market has a lot of these cars.
so between FVDI VAG and VVDI , which one wins ?

i ve already read all about (FVDI what is workin and what is not working) and i loved the machine from wt i saw , but the chat didnt cover a lot about BMW and VAG,
PS: which one does the CAS3+ all key lost ? or none ?
looking forward to hear some feedback , if you have any other machine u recommend other then FVDI , MULTI and VVDI please say it.

obdmaster
21st May, 2013, 10:02 PM
If you are a professional then you buy original AVDI. Years ago i too would buy clones, but the problem with clones is you have little confidence in them, you go on about doing keys on BMW CAS3+ would you really trust clone to flash the CAS with key data correctly??? If it doesnt how you going to fix car?? with no support?? recovery would be a nightmare as steering lock will be active. And then try expaining to customer.

AVDI on VAG 2007 plus reflashes cluster to gain access to add keys, read pin, component security, you going to trust clone to do this??

Then theres updates, these clones are disposable items, and I would honestly say from now, there will be no or very little updates on FVDI. How many tools from china have we purchased, where we was promised free updates by email. Which we never ever received. And when we email seller no reply???And for the price of clone (FVDI) you could get yourself an original base unit AVDI with few licenses, thats future proof unlike the disposable FVDI.

AVDI original is an excellent tool, in which i have 100% confidence in the product and support. Ask yourself could these FVDI users say that???

whiskeyman
21st May, 2013, 10:23 PM
its all about the money money money

budget dictates what you can and cant have

aassfour
21st May, 2013, 10:32 PM
ALL my tools are original except the Rosfar which is the chinese blue box , only cz i didnt find the original , the rosfar worked fine on CAS2 CAS3 but not the EIS , it killed many of my EIS , so now i m using Xprog and Orange5 which they r original to do Read EIS.
But that doesnt mean that all the chinese tools are Rubbish, as far as i know after a long research , i didnt see anyone complaining that the Mutli tool as example did damage any CAS or ECU , the only problem that might had that it didnt do CAS3+ with all key lost. i did the same research on FVDI BMW i didnt find many but i didnt find any saying that it killed its CAS or anything , some problems were no communcation or simply it doesnt do , as for the VAG i didnt research about it yet
so if anyone had problems with any of these please share it with US
and yes at the end of the day its all about MONEY MONEY MONEY

impactops
22nd May, 2013, 01:56 AM
If you are a professional then you buy Inca, CANdelastudio, CANoe, ODXStudio, Softing DTS8 and any associated interface(s) that are required with money left over as compared to buying avdi with ALL options enabled.These are the products manufacturers use when testing/designing their vehicles, so you won't have to wait for avdi to produce updates on new vehicles before you can work on them or be limited by what the manufacturer has designed the vehicle to do with no trace of the vehicle ever being tampered with

But, you'll need to become a professional to use these products rather than pushing button A to produce result B and calling yourself one.

Regards
Impactops

digitaltech
22nd May, 2013, 02:23 AM
imp: yes mate we all got it, avdi sux, you are the original-gansta-tech-avdi-sux-expert. this $h1t is getting old really quick.

aassfour: on topic.
I realized after a while that the more i know the less i blame tools, wheather it original or clone and i have both, r270,necprog, xprog, pasoft - clones and avdi,x431, upa+cc clips, vcds original. At the end of the day its the experience you have that will count and ability to solve your problems by yourself, and not opinions of others.
Other tools that are ori and likely very expensive
AVDI - great for bmw, cheap to if you but during holiday and combine with r270 for dump reading ( 1000euro recently on sale with tag). But here is the thing, READ THE MANUAL, after you aredone READ IT AGAIN. From my exp. people who complain haven't read it enough or didn't understand it and proceeded withthe job hoping to get lucky.
HTpro and HTplus - cartools.info heard good things personally never tried any of their product. cascontrol looks pretty cool though.
BMW KeyCoder ppl saying updates are slow to come.
BMW Exp for Fseries $$$$
?

impactops
22nd May, 2013, 02:34 AM
imp: yes mate we all got it, avdi sux, you are the original-gansta-tech-avdi-sux-expert. this $h1t is getting old really quick.

I've never said it sucked mate, i've always said that if you are happy with what it does for the price you pay then by all means buy it, i've merely pointed out the facts without any malice, bias or hidden agenda's which is exactly what this forum is about

hauwkee
22nd May, 2013, 06:56 AM
I M A POOR LOCKSMITH BUT I LOVE TOOLS AND IF NEW TOOL BRING MORE JOBS I LL BUY
BUT MVPPRO TOKEN VERSION IS A KILLER
the main problem that when u look for solution for diagnostic or key programming
The china main seller do some crazy SEO so u can never find the original manufacturer
and even if you know the product try to find a re seller
here in USA Auto locksmith is a Mystery when you get outiside coverage of MVP pro
i like to learn more and more
i m interested in some equipment to work bench to simulate ECU immo key like dummie
can seem to find those either
Also the technology and the Hardware are available to overcome manufacturer security feature
because reading and writting a chip is the same no matter what your field but i the locksmith field everything expensive that the rule Except the Job price down down only poor people loose they key
Rich people got 3 keys in house one 1 pocket lol
I was thinking getting the Based ADVI and tag key Tool and the some BMW option ,chrysler
as i like to used advi as passthru for diagnostic as the device is seem to have a high quality hardware since Abritus is one of the Kaiser in the Business.

aassfour
22nd May, 2013, 09:04 AM
as Hauwkee said the JOB PRICE is down down , so paying for expensive machines for locksmith isnt a good investment these days unless you are working with a MAFIA that require you to RUN their stolen cars.
and it not anymore about professionalism the customer doesnt CARE if you are a PRO or an AMATEUR all he cares about is the cheapest and the quickest service , and he doesnt care if you buy ur machine for $$$$$ or $$$.
as for the MVPPRO its a good machine but the token are killers plus the CHINA SBB these days can do 80% of MVP and comparing the prices, MVP with 250 token is for 6000$ and SBB unlimited use is for 300$ make the calculation which is a better investment ??
but my main Question was about FVDI BMW and MULTI TOOL BMW from one side and FVDI VAG and VVDI from other side. i wanna know which u recommend between the 2 and u can relay on doin the job that they say they r doin and MAINLY LOCKSMITH job not other job.

Maartinj
22nd May, 2013, 10:00 AM
I'm use VVDI since May 2011, very pleasure toy especially for KEY, immo.
FVDI is my new toy, but even now I choice VVDi to make a KEYs

It is like with a Windows system. If you gonna learn 1st on Win7 you will recommend it, If you will start on WinXp - you will recommend XP.
Simple is that.

autofan1965
22nd May, 2013, 10:37 AM
I dont buy any tool from china what was so disappointing as orginal AVDI. I sell my own unit to friend because he was sure that is good tool, he buy toyota module for ID-box lin reset option. Program show msg read manual, in manual nothing about it and then with connection from another device cant communicate with box too. He pay me for my AVDI, pay 500Eur for Toyota update, pay fuel to drive 600km, spend 1 day and at end can only use virgin function from Toyota Commander what is exactly same as Toyota Smartkeyprogrammer for 120USD. Yes it is really good choose when you have too much cash, time and health. Where is Simens PPD immo function from VAG Commander 9.0? Where are answers on question to my friend that this option not work? It is true that AVDI team is polite and just not answer because he can just scribe: Thanks for buying next fake button in program:) I wish you to be blind to the end:) It is really brave to give 100% confidence in this tool and support.

If you are a professional then you buy original AVDI. Years ago i too would buy clones, but the problem with clones is you have little confidence in them, you go on about doing keys on BMW CAS3+ would you really trust clone to flash the CAS with key data correctly??? If it doesnt how you going to fix car?? with no support?? recovery would be a nightmare as steering lock will be active. And then try expaining to customer.

AVDI on VAG 2007 plus reflashes cluster to gain access to add keys, read pin, component security, you going to trust clone to do this??

Then theres updates, these clones are disposable items, and I would honestly say from now, there will be no or very little updates on FVDI. How many tools from china have we purchased, where we was promised free updates by email. Which we never ever received. And when we email seller no reply???And for the price of clone (FVDI) you could get yourself an original base unit AVDI with few licenses, thats future proof unlike the disposable FVDI.

AVDI original is an excellent tool, in which i have 100% confidence in the product and support. Ask yourself could these FVDI users say that???

aassfour
22nd May, 2013, 11:11 AM

It is like with a Windows system. If you gonna learn 1st on Win7 you will recommend it, If you will start on WinXp - you will recommend XP.
Simple is that.

why u prefer VVDI on FVDI ?

sparkz02
22nd May, 2013, 11:12 AM
It all goes down to your demand, how much work you have to do, I mean I purchased MVP pro, 2 months back, to be honest I haven't needed it the clones have been doing the job, but as obdmaster said, knowing I have it makes me turn up to jobs which maybe I wouldn't just with clones. Clones get there days sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't of course much more success rate with original.

aassfour
22nd May, 2013, 11:28 AM
It all goes down to your demand, how much work you have to do, I mean I purchased MVP pro, 2 months back, to be honest I haven't needed it the clones have been doing the job, but as obdmaster said, knowing I have it makes me turn up to jobs which maybe I wouldn't just with clones. Clones get there days sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't of course much more success rate with original.

i m not saying anything about the MVPPRO , its one of the best machine , but since its a token then its a killer unless u wanna BUY the Tcode which i will never do since there is this SBB whos is catching up with the MVPRO AND TCODE . but its all OUT OF THE SUBJECT
the SUBJECT IS FVDI AND MULTI TOOL AND VVDI and NOTTTTTT AVDI , i m not discussing Abritus or AD team.

Maartinj
22nd May, 2013, 12:04 PM
why u prefer VVDI on FVDI ?

You can also aks: " Why I prefere VW fo my own, or Dell PC"

aassfour
22nd May, 2013, 12:10 PM
You can also aks: " Why I prefere VW fo my own, or Dell PC"

i didnt get wt u mean mate ?

JOYOAUTO
24th May, 2013, 04:29 AM
FVDI have the adapter for CAS1,CAS2,CAS3

fvdi&avdi bmw cas adapter
Remark:
No.1 : The bmw cas adapter read the cas data directly .
No.2 : The tag key tools write the bmw key directly .
Usable range***65306;CAS 1 , CAS2 and CAS3 .

aassfour
24th May, 2013, 07:36 AM
Usable range***65306;CAS 1 , CAS2 and CAS3 .

usable range ***65306 i didnt get that ?

u.s
24th May, 2013, 11:59 AM
think they mean that it is compatible with CAS1, CAS2 and CAS3

flyobd
30th May, 2013, 10:43 AM
think they mean that it is compatible with CAS1, CAS2 and CAS3

Remark:
Usable range: CAS 1 , CAS2 and CAS3 .

flyobd
30th May, 2013, 10:46 AM

Simple is that.

fvdi vag commander = VVDI ImmoPlus v13.5 + original avdi vag commander + medc17 plug adapter
fvdi vag compatible with the VVDI ImmoPlus v13.5 now

aassfour
30th May, 2013, 11:00 AM
Remark:
Usable range: CAS 1 , CAS2 and CAS3 .
what about CAS3+ ?

flyobd
30th May, 2013, 11:06 AM
the fdvi bmw commander do the bmw cas 4 key easily .

the step 1: use the original x-progm to read the cas data from the cas4 chip 5M48H ;
the step 2: use the fvdi tag key tool to write the cas data into the bmw key ;
the step 3: it is ok ;

aassfour
30th May, 2013, 12:19 PM
the BMW CAS adapter doesnt read the CAS3+ for key programming ? or it has to be OBD ?

labusas
30th May, 2013, 01:46 PM
Cas3+, if updated to latest - no OBD solution only with CAS dump.
You also need DME (ecu) dump in addition to CAS.
At this time only TMPRO2 has done it.
Regards

aassfour
30th May, 2013, 02:27 PM
Regards
any possible way to know if updated or not ? and if we attempted to read it by obd will it damage anything ? or it will state as no Connection made

flyobd
31st May, 2013, 02:41 AM
any possible way to know if updated or not ? and if we attempted to read it by obd will it damage anything ? or it will state as no Connection made

yes , update

flyobd
31st May, 2013, 08:19 AM
Regards

bmw cas+ via OBD-16

immomaniac
10th August, 2013, 04:32 AM
just digging this thread from dust

I wanna know which wins among bmw??

912secured
10th August, 2013, 07:25 AM
VW vvdi use friends asians have done a good job for a change, Have avdi real chrysler was good,dmax update was 600, use it for older chryslers and avdi for newer. never updated dmax, lend it to friends. Bought vag tacho legit years ago never got back 600 down drain. The clone is worth it if you do not mind buying dealer keys to program in.

hauwkee
10th August, 2013, 10:35 PM
bmw3in1 can do cas 1 2 3 if im correct