PDA

View Full Version : navistar VT365 engine help

axlbat
23rd May, 2013, 11:37 PM
I have friends with a truck International 4200 VT365 engine, which does not start so I ask you to help me with literature or manuals for this vehicle

thanks DK team

RSwire
24th May, 2013, 01:09 AM
Check here DTS Articles - Coffee Table Books (http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-06-08.php)
Has good manuals.
But the most common issues why the VT365 wont start is FICM or the high press oil pump coupler went bad. To check the coupler, on the pump there is a plug on the top, takes a hex bit socket, remove the plug, install a line with a fitting to hook an air hose to. Manually bypass the IPR by unplugging it and hot wireing it direct, one power(12v) and one ground, than hook up the air and give it a few seconds, if coupler is bad you will hearthe air blowing out under the cover at the high press pump.
You need a scanner to check the FICM and see if it is producing the required voltage for the injectors should be around 48v.

Hope some of this helps.

axlbat
24th May, 2013, 04:35 AM
Thanks RSwire, i check the info.

Mxx20
24th May, 2013, 11:51 AM
Also im seeing the battery powers and grounds from batteries to the modules go bad again...damn spread terminals. They melt out in the fuse holders and in the clean power connections by the starter and in the batt box, and depending on the 4200, need to check the connectors by steering column, some main powers melt out in those three pin connectors, also if the glow plugs dont power up, it will be a pain and some times not start depending on how bad the compression is on the eng...(sorry i work for an international dealer and we get wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much of this complaint lately....)

axlbat
24th May, 2013, 03:36 PM
Also im seeing the battery powers and grounds from batteries to the modules go bad again...damn spread terminals. They melt out in the fuse holders and in the clean power connections by the starter and in the batt box, and depending on the 4200, need to check the connectors by steering column, some main powers melt out in those three pin connectors, also if the glow plugs dont power up, it will be a pain and some times not start depending on how bad the compression is on the eng...(sorry i work for an international dealer and we get wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much of this complaint lately....)

Hey man you have contact with Nuevo Laredo Tamaulipas dealer?

my truck is in laredo texas

Mxx20
24th May, 2013, 04:13 PM
no, i dont have contact with them...sorry

540IROC
24th May, 2013, 11:06 PM
Check for IDM power connections. 3 pin connectors. 2 are power, one is ground. Melted plugs from high current draw. Without putting scan tool software on it (ServiceMaxx) to see if there are any faults, you're completely guessing at a no start. Too many possible reasons can cause a no start.