PDA

View Full Version : DM7025+ hard drive formating problem

scorpion007
27th March, 2009, 09:12 PM
Hi I need some help,I have just bought a AV hard drive as I have heard they run cooler,after installing the new WD hard drive I tried to initialize it but after a few minutes it comes up with an error message mount failed. I'am using blackhole V0.9 and have tried older images and even genuine ones but still
the drive doesn't record says no drive found or not initialized, I tried putting my old hitachi drive back but it doesn't work any more, the same error messages come up, which is strange as this drive worked perfectly before I took it out. when I fit the drives the receiver doe's see it as it shows the model number in the setup screen. has anyone got any idea as I'am lost with this now.

FormatC
28th November, 2009, 01:07 PM
Hi,
Have a dm7025 with a new WD Scorpio blue 2,5" 160gb which seems impossible to get going. When initializing in LT it says mount failed. Via DCC i managed to fdisk and mkfs.ext3 worked, but when restarting, LT only see a disk of 21.5gb.

Anyone seen this?

scorpion007
30th November, 2009, 08:41 PM
Hi I had the same problem when I replaced my hd, the only way I could get it to format and work was by installing Gemini 4.10 from this site which has a fix for formating the hd. after that I re-installed my Blackhole Image again and all was working fine.