PDA

View Full Version : Vu Duo Red Light Only

scottj130208
30th May, 2013, 12:35 AM
My duo has only red light on front of LCD screen any ideas seen post showing replace a cap inside or maybe boot loader is corrupt maybe

digicon
30th May, 2013, 01:27 AM
Clone or Original and in both cases it could be a power supply problem, process of elimination is to take out internal hard drive if you have one and any external USB sticks and try it on a Fixed dish if possible

scottj130208
30th May, 2013, 06:16 PM
Not got any hdd attached or anything else will try a new psu maybe

DOUGALMCD
31st May, 2013, 08:47 AM
If you can try someone elses just to check it works before you buy. If not psu on originals it was usually c807 cap or at worst regulators as well.

scottj130208
31st May, 2013, 09:16 AM
It's came out of red light light now stuck on starting tried a few v2 images but won't pick up usb I know these can be a pain with certain usb any way to flash via vu util without ethernet connected

MastiffLtd
6th June, 2013, 01:55 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with my VU+ duo. It started with that it restarted itself after it had been on for a while and then it got stuck on "Starting...". When it had been turned off with the main switch at the back and then started again it got through the "Starting..." and the box worked again. This happened everyday for about one week, but now when I turn on the box only the red light is on but absolutely nothing happens. I have checked the power supply and it works and is giving the correct current on every pin in the socket, so that should not be the problem. One interesting thing is that the box reacts on the remote control. When I press a button the red light goes yellow,,,ish but nothing else happens.

DOUGALMCD
6th June, 2013, 03:11 PM
Have you replaced the capacitor on the motherboard c807?