PDA

View Full Version : Avram Grant , sacked

aftermath
24th May, 2008, 06:17 PM
Well here is a surprise, Avram Grant been sacked by Chelsea.
full story here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7418774.stm)

kinel
24th May, 2008, 06:35 PM
Unbelieveable so to keep your job at Chelseaski you Have got to win the Champions League and the Premiership

zaf786
24th May, 2008, 07:07 PM
Hi not surprised does this mean john terry is going to get the sack for missing the penalty

TheDogsNutts
24th May, 2008, 07:26 PM
was allways on the card's, who is gonna be the new manager..?....

DeanX
24th May, 2008, 07:37 PM
unlucky to grant.

thommo
24th May, 2008, 08:21 PM
unlucky to grant.

yeah very, took over as a stop gap manager, so he knew it wasnt for good, they say yeah you can be full time manager they do well he gets the boot and is handed a 5 million payout, id be gutted i really would i mean what can you do with 5 million these days?

Jaffa
24th May, 2008, 08:51 PM
Not surprised at all but I did think he did very well.

aftermath
24th May, 2008, 09:11 PM
totally agree jim, what more can you want.
2nd to the European champs and league , not by much either,

Jaffa
24th May, 2008, 11:39 PM
totally agree jim, what more can you want.
2nd to the European champs and league , not by much either,

He also took them to carling cup final, really quite a good achievment with 2nd in PL and CL...its farcical if you ask me, guy didnt stand a chance.

krazylegz
25th May, 2008, 09:18 AM
personally i think its a ~~~~ing disgrace............he's the only manager to ever get chelski to the champions league final and only loses the title by 2 points and gets the boot???.....wtf

sadly it was always going to be as his style of football was just too boring.

i think frank rijkaard will take over next

kryptic
25th May, 2008, 09:53 AM
i think frank rijkaard will take over next
Have Barcelona sacked him,as they had a poor season by their standards

Bulld0g
25th May, 2008, 06:42 PM
Unbelievable. That Rusky wants ~~~~in.Grant has One season in charge and he is sacked after reaching the Champs league final and finishing Second in the league.Abramovich is not good for football.The man is impatient and ruthless.

winkingwolf
25th May, 2008, 06:52 PM
lets be right about this, the players they have got, anyone good at championship manager could have done a better job. cant stand man u but glad they won the champions league.

Bulld0g
25th May, 2008, 06:54 PM
lets be right about this, the players they have got, anyone good at championship manager could have done a better job. cant stand man u but glad they won the champions league.

Wasn't it the players who lost the final ? Personally i hate it if Man Utd win the toss for kick off, never mind a trophy. ;)

winkingwolf
25th May, 2008, 06:58 PM
lets be fair, you dont need a great european manager for chelsea, any decent english manager would do, let alardyce have a crack.

Bulld0g
25th May, 2008, 07:08 PM
I know where your coming from m8.With all the money available thats half the battle.But you have to progress, Not everyone can win the Champs league in their first season. Well Rafa can :)

Erazor786
25th May, 2008, 07:40 PM
Well said Bulldog m8, there's only one Rafa! :jiggin:

i think Grant should have been given a bit more time. he didn't do too bad, he got them to the Champions league final which is more than the "special one" cud do.

biffo1
25th May, 2008, 08:24 PM
surprised me thought chelsea played well under grant , looking @ the replacements , that have been banded about ricard , sven , not exactly set the footballing team s alite , just the russian i dont know much about , still good news for man u pmsl

Raven
26th May, 2008, 01:15 PM
Of course it doesn't help what with Didier Drogba looking like he is leaving and Nicholas Anelka being a ?12 million waste who also looks like he is on his way. Taking over from Mr Charisma Mourinho didn't help Avram Grant none either. The fact is statistically he did a great job, better than any recent Chelsea manager in fact, including Mourinho...and yet he gets the sack. Unfair on him, he should be commended for the job he did at Chelsea given the timing and all that was against him.

Avram Grant frankly wasn't fancied from day one, end of story. But he did such a good job that he won over everyone but certain players, note Anelka ripping into Grant straight away after he was given the sack, didn't take long for him did it ? Mind you Anelka took the final penalty poorly in the Champions League final and didnt look bothered at all, in stark contrast to John Terry who slipped and missed and was inconsolable.

So Avram Grant was sacked on the basis of that some players thought he was tactically incompetant, and because he had Chelsea playing boring (but effective) football. I guess football is a results business unless you are talking about Chelsea FC.

Personally I think they should never have sacked Mourinho, but to sack Grant in spite of his win/loss ratio is ludicrous.

Now Chelsea are facing upto the prospect of losing one of their key lynchpins of the side in Didier Drogba, having to find a manager who can statistically compete with Avram Grant and Jose Mourinho. They might have an arseload of money but now its got to that stage where they cannot just chuck money around until something sticks like they have done in the past. Now they have to get it right first time.

Personally I hope Jose Mourinho makes a shock Chelsea return seeing as how he and Abramovich are apparently on speaking terms again, stranger things have happened, look at Harry Redknapp when he returned to Pompy.

My brain says Frank Riikaard (~~~~ knows how his surname is spelled lol) will take over the club, but I hope Mourinho does instead, the Premiership is boring without him I think lol.

krazylegz
26th May, 2008, 01:59 PM
Have Barcelona sacked him,as they had a poor season by their standards

yeah he got 'released' at the end on the la liga season m8

randall
31st May, 2008, 10:11 AM
I thought they were gonna give the godfather a call - Martin Jol - but then he pops up in Germany!!

abdecken5
7th June, 2008, 09:47 PM
Carlo Ancelotti but only if they ask nicely (with an ?8m a year pay check according to the mirror!)

KLIDDY
2nd December, 2008, 09:27 PM
Big Pil. Chelsea to win Prem this season.