PDA

View Full Version : a couple of ps3 issues i need help with

ricky_uk1
29th March, 2009, 01:37 AM
hi and thanks for reading

first of all i have 2 ps3s at home one for me and one for 1 of my boys,

i havce had mine from the day of release and been logged on the playstation network with same details from day 1,,

then i got another ps3 last week for my eldest son and tried to create a sub account on my master account so that he could go online to play games.

but it doesnt let both ps3s online at one time . it tells me we cant log in with another persons details ..... even though there both registerd to me..

second issue i downloaded the c.o.d. 5 map pack on my kids ps3 and it says i can download it 5 times to a regiserd ps3
so mine being registerd i tried it and it wants to charge me 7.99 again.. remember its the sub account on my main account as above so it should not be charging me or should it ???

any advice or help would be appreciated........

M3RMy
30th March, 2009, 08:30 AM
Never had any experience with the sub account, but your PS3 ID is free so you maybe better off creating him his own account. As for downloadable content i.e the cod map pack, just put the details of the account that they were purchased on to the ps3 without the maps, login and go to store - download history and download them on your ps3, when you sign into your own account they should be there regardless, this is the same with any downloads that you purchase. I think the subaccount is ment for 2 id's on the same ps3 so thats maybe why only one of u can sign in at a time.

If you purchase content on PS3 id 1, as long as you put the details of that ID onto your other PS3 you can just login to that account to get the downloadable content onto your second PS3.
God hope that makes sense its early LOL.

ricky_uk1
31st March, 2009, 11:41 PM
Never had any experience with the sub account, but your PS3 ID is free so you maybe better off creating him his own account. As for downloadable content i.e the cod map pack, just put the details of the account that they were purchased on to the ps3 without the maps, login and go to store - download history and download them on your ps3, when you sign into your own account they should be there regardless, this is the same with any downloads that you purchase. I think the subaccount is ment for 2 id's on the same ps3 so thats maybe why only one of u can sign in at a time.

If you purchase content on PS3 id 1, as long as you put the details of that ID onto your other PS3 you can just login to that account to get the downloadable content onto your second PS3.
God hope that makes sense its early LOL.

cheers buddy i already got it sorted but havent had time to repost
was done roughly the same way as you mentioned though but with a bit more messing about lol

thanks for reply anyway :goodpost: