PDA

View Full Version : VW POLO FOB PROGRAMMING ISSUES

MonSter911
4th June, 2013, 08:46 PM
GOOD DAY FELLOW DK MEMBERS

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM PROGRAMMING A 2006 VW POLO 3 BUTTON FLIP KEY. I PROGRAMMED THE TRANSPONDER WHICH STARTS THE CAR PERFECTLY. HOWEVER I CANNOT GET THE CENTRAL LOCKING TO WORK.
I HAVE DONE MANY OF THESE VEHICLES AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IM EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM.

I USUALLY USE T300 TO PROGRAM CENTRAL LOCKING BUT THIS TIME IT FAILED.
I HAVE TRIED T300, LAUNCH X431, AND SUPERVAG, ALL NO GOOD.

CUSTOMER DOES NOT WANT TO PAY FOR KEY NOW AS THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THE KEY IS NOT FUNCTIONING.

I HAVE TESTED THE REMOTES ON DIFFERENT POLO'S AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY. SO REMOTE KEYS ARE GOOD. I SUSPECT THERES A MODULE THAT MAY BE DAMAGED IN THE VEHICLE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ONE WHERE THE WIRELESS RECIEVER MAY BE IN THE VEHICLE ?

ANY INFO WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

PLEASE HELP ME.

jeoffreyshawe
4th June, 2013, 10:28 PM
hy i use vcds to do that i would suggest u use it...just go to central convinience channel 46 and choose adaptaion for remote control..insert 1 to select the number of key fobs to program and press the unlock button once and it should flash to indicate its okay...try it and report

FXless
4th June, 2013, 10:37 PM
most likely module doenst have RF receiver. this is very common on less eqquiped polo 9N. you can find in scrap from other polo, fabia or ibiza

MonSter911
5th June, 2013, 08:20 AM
thanx for the info. i tried adaption via launch it does not work. during adapton process i click 1 and hold unlock but hazards do not flash. is there any way of me to test the module ? or perhaps i could try another module from a working vehicle. do you know where location of it is ?

yugo45
5th June, 2013, 09:47 AM
If the module supports key remote ,You need to read and save Ch 0 first before you go to Ch 1 at adaptation.
Also 2006+ VAG cars has few diffrent keys fobs , and they will not be comparable to each other.

MonSter911
5th June, 2013, 10:05 AM
hello yugo

i have tried many different remotes. i even tried one from a 2012 polo 9n. still no result. adaption works perfectly on the 2012 polo which is basically the same as earlier ones.

curtpza
5th June, 2013, 10:37 AM
I lean towards FXless's suggestion that perhaps the vehicle does not have central locking fitted