PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo v2 keeps restarting

gio65_00
5th June, 2013, 12:58 AM
Hi

My vu duo keeps restarting, I'll be watching a channel and then it would automatically restart.

Very puzzling. I've noticed it happens a lot with hd channels. I'm watching a hd channel and it would just restart.

Any ideas?

digicon
5th June, 2013, 02:05 AM
Hi

My vu duo keeps restarting, I'll be watching a channel and then it would automatically restart.

Very puzzling. I've noticed it happens a lot with hd channels. I'm watching a hd channel and it would just restart.

Any ideas?

Do you have an internal Hard drive or external USB or even setup driving a motorised dish as the first thing to try is to remove anything like this and setup on a standard fixed dish with the box bare so to speak just to rule out a PSU problem, Also worth considering how old is the channel list on the box recent or a few months old maybe an update or even try another image

gio65_00
5th June, 2013, 08:32 AM
Do you have an internal Hard drive or external USB or even setup driving a motorised dish as the first thing to try is to remove anything like this and setup on a standard fixed dish with the box bare so to speak just to rule out a PSU problem, Also worth considering how old is the channel list on the box recent or a few months old maybe an update or even try another image

I have an internal hard drive connected to standard dish pointing to 28.2e. So you suggest I remove the hard drive? The psu is a replacement psu as my first one blew. by the way box is clone as well.

digicon
5th June, 2013, 11:49 AM
I figured it was a clone as the clue was in the thread header 'V2', if you remove the hrd drive it just takes a little strain of the PSU and you should see then if the problem still exists if it does then its possibly something else

potrobber
8th June, 2013, 08:22 AM
Also worth checking the fan is working i had a clone box left back to me that was rebooting every 5 mins after it had been running for a bit i noticed fan was stopping

The owner of the box had changed the fan settings to 5 mins on 55 mins off so this is also worth checking

Rodbouy
8th June, 2013, 12:43 PM
Saw this before and it was the HDD failing. Replaced HDD and sorted the problem.

gio65_00
26th June, 2013, 04:24 PM
Mines now stuck on red light and starting message on LCD screen.
Is a chip replacement what I need? From v2 to v3.2?

digicon
26th June, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mines now stuck on red light and starting message on LCD screen.
Is a chip replacement what I need? From v2 to v3.2?

Not unless you want to use newer images if your happy with the older images stay as you are

gio65_00
23rd August, 2013, 06:55 PM
Well I replaced one of the capacitors on it and it did the trick. However the problem has now arisen again. Could it be the psu? If so then what can be done with psu?

DOUGALMCD
24th August, 2013, 11:30 AM
Has the psu blown? Was it the psu you replaced the capacitor on? Was it a bulging one? Did you upgrade it or just replace it with the same value? Do you use a 2.5 or 3.5 hdd?

gio65_00
24th August, 2013, 11:09 PM
PSU isn't blown. I think it's an over heating issue. The reason I say this is because when I leave my box on standby it heats up to the right side of the box (away from PSU) and when I start then it will work for a bit and then automatic reboots. I then tried switch off completely and left it for a bit, and then restarted after an hour and villa no problems because the box is cool. Ran for a few hours no problem but when it hits it peak for heating then it start rebooting. I'm assuming it's doing that because for safety purposes.

gio65_00
24th August, 2013, 11:10 PM
Capacitor replaced was the c807 which is not on PSU. 3.5 HDD is used

cactikid
24th August, 2013, 11:20 PM
fans have problems on clones first things to check.

gio65_00
25th August, 2013, 02:09 AM
The fan is working fine near the psu. I can hear it running and blowing air out. Actually is that right? Should it be blowing cool air out or in?

cactikid
25th August, 2013, 12:16 PM
think its hot air out,its not in a press or cupboard is it as they need plenty of air,maybe removing hdd out alltogether may be better ?

gio65_00
25th August, 2013, 12:26 PM
It's definitely cool air out. Maybe I turn the fan around and the cool air in? Also re hdd I only use this with recording. Epg is with USB and picons is on internal flash. Not in cupboard it's in a ventilated area however the fan has only recently started working again since the c807 cap change.

cactikid
25th August, 2013, 12:34 PM
not a good idea epg and picons to have on internal flash best on usb stick,cant be cool air out as box gets hot and would expel air

casuk
25th August, 2013, 01:01 PM
You could try a laptop cooler it worked well for an f3 box I had with same problem

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

DOUGALMCD
25th August, 2013, 01:47 PM
Is your fan on in standby in settings? The psu would need to be inspected ie bulging capacitors as in most cases this would be the culprit for the restarting. As cactikid says put your epg on the usb as well. 3.5 sata would draw more power than 2.5 hdd. I take it the c807 capacitor replaced was of a higher value?

gio65_00
25th August, 2013, 01:48 PM
I'll give the laptop cooler a try. I did have my eye on this.
That's what I thought re the fan. The cool air should be entering air in the box. It's not getting hot near the PSU but definitely hot on the parallel side near the tuner

gio65_00
25th August, 2013, 05:27 PM
My fan is fan basic action no use fan timer no. My peg is on USB but should I put picons and channel updater on USB as well? How do I do this?