PDA

View Full Version : still cant get mario kart to work!!

The Noan
25th May, 2008, 08:35 AM
ive got an argon chip in my wii and i got an ntsc version of the kart. ran the update without even knowing it was an ntsc version. luckily i have the same region, so ive learned my lesson on checking the region. however ive tried to burn the kart around 5 times now.
the first time i used a blank dvd+r that was kind of scratched. like i said i ran the update then it loaded up fine. then i got a warning telling me that it couldnt read the disc right before the race. i ejected the disc then put it back in and the race started. after the race the same thing. then i ejected it and put it back in and it worked. so i can keep ejecting and re inserting and it will work fine.
the 2nd time i used a new dvd+R with that ppf patch and i got a message saying remove the disc from the wii and turn it off. i did as it said. but the power button wouldnt work, i had to unplug the machine.
the 3rd time i used a dvdrw and the same thing as the 1st time i burned the disc.
4th time i used a dual layer disc bc i ran out of dvd+R(which is also why i used an rw the 3rd time) it wouldnt work either
5th time i used the wiibrickblocked then again i put it on a DL it still wouldnt work.

has anyone had these problems? id keep trying but im running out of DL's and those things arent cheap. can i even burn a game to a DL or RW? im kinda new to the wii scene so im not entirely sure what im doing. however i got SMG to work fine on my first burn, then i tried the kart and everything went downhill

bmansweden
25th May, 2008, 12:12 PM
ive got an argon chip in my wii and i got an ntsc version of the kart. ran the update without even knowing it was an ntsc version. luckily i have the same region, so ive learned my lesson on checking the region. however ive tried to burn the kart around 5 times now.
the first time i used a blank dvd+r that was kind of scratched. like i said i ran the update then it loaded up fine. then i got a warning telling me that it couldnt read the disc right before the race. i ejected the disc then put it back in and the race started. after the race the same thing. then i ejected it and put it back in and it worked. so i can keep ejecting and re inserting and it will work fine.
the 2nd time i used a new dvd+R with that ppf patch and i got a message saying remove the disc from the wii and turn it off. i did as it said. but the power button wouldnt work, i had to unplug the machine.
the 3rd time i used a dvdrw and the same thing as the 1st time i burned the disc.
4th time i used a dual layer disc bc i ran out of dvd+R(which is also why i used an rw the 3rd time) it wouldnt work either
5th time i used the wiibrickblocked then again i put it on a DL it still wouldnt work.

has anyone had these problems? id keep trying but im running out of DL's and those things arent cheap. can i even burn a game to a DL or RW? im kinda new to the wii scene so im not entirely sure what im doing. however i got SMG to work fine on my first burn, then i tried the kart and everything went downhill

I got argon too, on a pal wii, update the hell of the chip and the console, i didi and now everything works, but remember to burn in like 1 or maybe 2x and on dvd-r discs...
if youre unsure of the region on the disc use wiibrickblocker to check it...and if its not your region make it so with region-frii....
But you need the mario kart update to play the game so just take the same region as your console on that game and update as usual when the game start.....

Maybe take another version of mk to because maybe the one you got has a bad update of some kind....

if all else fail download a region 1 (usa) ppf-patcher for that game with the region 1 ppf-patch (google it) and the try again....

But it sounds in some way that your chip may be badly inserted to....

or just that the chip/wii need to be updated maybe....

Hope my advices helps....

wiiman
25th May, 2008, 12:39 PM
I got argon too, on a pal wii, update the hell of the chip and the console, i didi and now everything works, but remember to burn in like 1 or maybe 2x and on dvd-r discs...
if youre unsure of the region on the disc use wiibrickblocker to check it...and if its not your region make it so with region-frii....
But you need the mario kart update to play the game so just take the same region as your console on that game and update as usual when the game start.....

Maybe take another version of mk to because maybe the one you got has a bad update of some kind....

if all else fail download a region 1 (usa) ppf-patcher for that game with the region 1 ppf-patch (google it) and the try again....

But it sounds in some way that your chip may be badly inserted to....

or just that the chip/wii need to be updated maybe....

Hope my advices helps....
Burning discs too slow can be just as bad as burning too fast, best advice i can offer is make sure you have a good burner, and use decent media.

The Noan
25th May, 2008, 01:12 PM
thanks for the advice guys. im currently downloading another version of the kart. i dont think its the chip because the other games ive tried have worked. i read online to burn at slow speeds after i made the first disc in which i did at full speed, both of them had the same results. the DL disc i used could only burn at 2.4x im using nero 8. what burning programs do yall use and what speeds if you dont mind me asking?? thanks

wiiman
25th May, 2008, 02:02 PM
thanks for the advice guys. im currently downloading another version of the kart. i dont think its the chip because the other games ive tried have worked. i read online to burn at slow speeds after i made the first disc in which i did at full speed, both of them had the same results. the DL disc i used could only burn at 2.4x im using nero 8. what burning programs do yall use and what speeds if you dont mind me asking?? thanks

I use imgburn as i find nero bloated and slow, and burn at 16x, i have only had about about 10-20 coasters in over 1000 burns (of which most were due to bad discs), as i said before most people don't think about it, but the MOST important thing when burning discs is a good burner, followed closely by the quality of disc, but a good burner can have good results even with crap media, speed doesn't make too much difference with a good burner, 4-8x will give you best results with sl media.

bmansweden
26th May, 2008, 10:09 PM
Burning discs too slow can be just as bad as burning too fast, best advice i can offer is make sure you have a good burner, and use decent media.

Ehh not, you can NEVER fail a burning by doing it too slow dude...
thats an insane statement...
but good media to burn on is never wrong, and as you said a good burner...l

wiiman
26th May, 2008, 11:50 PM
Ehh not, you can NEVER fail a burning by doing it too slow dude...
thats an insane statement...
but good media to burn on is never wrong, and as you said a good burner...l

check out the replies to this thread mate, honestly i know it sounds strange but burning really slow can cause just as many errors as burning to fast> hxxp://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/643728

The Noan
27th May, 2008, 12:23 AM
thank you to both of yall. i downloaded a pal version ran it through region frii and WBB then i used imgburn at 8x and it works like a charm, just lost horribly online but it was a blast. thanks again

bmansweden
27th May, 2008, 10:47 PM
check out the replies to this thread mate, honestly i know it sounds strange but burning really slow can cause just as many errors as burning to fast> hxxp://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/643728

But it sounds nuts...do you mean you can loose information if you burn it "2 slow"?
i dont buy that dude....
to fast i can buy....but never 2 slow....

getting errors on a disc by burning its to slow gets the :beheaded: by me...its not possible, not even plausible....

bmansweden
3rd June, 2008, 08:36 PM

yo wiiman...whats up withe the xxx??

those ----> hxxp <---- ://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/643728

father ted
3rd June, 2008, 08:44 PM
yo wiiman...whats up withe the xxx??

those ----> hxxp <---- ://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/643728

just replace the xx for tt .copy and paste it into your browser then youll see the link he was refering to ....by the way it works

Dreamer
3rd June, 2008, 08:45 PM
Maybe he just likes you lots.lol

bmansweden
9th June, 2008, 11:36 AM
Maybe he just likes you lots.lol

HA HA, OR SHOWS ALL HIS 3 DAIMKRYSSES...MOOOAAA HA HA !
?speaking swenglish?

Ogilberry
19th December, 2008, 09:06 AM
WiiBrickBlocker great idea off now to check it out
thanks heaps.