PDA

View Full Version : Few Wii Questions

cunny
29th March, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hi as with the release of wii firmware 4.0. I wanted to know was it possible to get the 3.4 on disc and update any wiis that way, then use the twighlight hack.

Also for those wiis that only have modchips, is it possible to patch ntsc games so they will run on a pal system?

Also apart from opening the wii can you tell what mod chip is installed inside the wii?

Many Thanks

dell_xps
29th March, 2009, 08:56 PM
Hi as with the release of wii firmware 4.0. I wanted to know was it possible to get the 3.4 on disc and update any wiis that way, then use the twighlight hack.

Also for those wiis that only have modchips, is it possible to patch ntsc games so they will run on a pal system?

Also apart from opening the wii can you tell what mod chip is installed inside the wii?

Many Thanks

1. I dont think so

2. why waste your time patching discs ???, use Gecko, but if you must patch ntsc to pal then yes you can do it.

3.No you will have to open it.

cunny
29th March, 2009, 09:02 PM
So then for those on the lower firmware then you cant instal 3.4 with the better disc reading, my friend at work has wii on 2.3 and it wont read burnt discs on modchip.

We cant identify what chip is inside hence updating the chip.

Is there no games with 3.4 on as standard?

dell_xps
29th March, 2009, 10:02 PM
So then for those on the lower firmware then you cant instal 3.4 with the better disc reading, my friend at work has wii on 2.3 and it wont read burnt discs on modchip.

We cant identify what chip is inside hence updating the chip.

Is there no games with 3.4 on as standard?

Wii Music will update your Wii to 3.4E

cunny
29th March, 2009, 10:07 PM
thanks dell, ur a star for this

Are you sure as showing 3.3 on google.

Also is there any others that could update the wii?

middlewingnut
30th March, 2009, 05:10 PM
lego batman tries to update to 3.4, but I've got starfall on so it doesn't happen. Hope that helps, as I'm not entirely sure I understand your question ;-)

cunny
30th March, 2009, 06:24 PM
lego batman tries to update to 3.4, but I've got starfall on so it doesn't happen. Hope that helps, as I'm not entirely sure I understand your question ;-)

I am trying ti find a game that updates the wii system to 3.4, then i am going to instal homebrew (twighlight hack) as want 3.4 for the better disc reading.

dell_xps
30th March, 2009, 07:17 PM
Need For Speed Underground I think it is updates to 3.4E.

DW190
30th March, 2009, 07:21 PM
I am trying ti find a game that updates the wii system to 3.4, then i am going to instal homebrew (twighlight hack) as want 3.4 for the better disc reading.

You dont need a game to update or or downgrade.

The hack I use ups or downs to 3.2 then the softmod can be done.

PM me an email addy and I'll mail you the files.

DW190
31st March, 2009, 01:46 AM
Tried to send to email address, returned undeliverable.

cunny
31st March, 2009, 05:16 AM
sent again

DW190
31st March, 2009, 01:39 PM
The files and readme can be downloaded from the links below. There is no need to change any file names when running the hack as the files have been separated and the renaming done.

http://rapidshare.com/files/215716802/Wii_Downgrader_3.3-3.4.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/215716803/Wii_Read_Me_File.wps