PDA

View Full Version : Astra H Key problem

aqua_life
7th June, 2013, 09:49 AM
Hi,
I have an Astra H with 2 keys. The 2 Keys was starting car and remote locking OK. 2 original keys.
Some time ago I tried to start car with one of them, and no start.
I read them with ZedBull and I can read the Key that is working, but with the non-working Key ZedBull says "No Transponder".
I thought that maybe a component was desoldered. I opened key and it seems OK.
I have Pin code of the car. Already tried to program, and has expected not successful. I have OP-Com and MVP Key programmer.
What should I do?
Here you have a photo of Key.

Thanks

Dovla78
7th June, 2013, 10:01 AM
measure the resistance of the coil on pcb (the one in the corner of your photo) could be damaged

aqua_life
7th June, 2013, 10:12 AM
I have not desoldered the coil to measure resistance. It has 900 K Ohms.
Maybe this is the problem, cause Zedbull always say "No transponder".
I will try to find a coil...

aqua_life
7th June, 2013, 11:03 AM
Do you know where to buy the coil ?
In locksmith websites I only see transponders...
Thanks

Dovla78
7th June, 2013, 11:29 AM
that is the problem,the resistance should be few ohm-s,if you have any other key that have coil inside you can put it in your key and it will work
you can find that coil in key's from renault clio 2001- or in new citroen,peugeot....

aqua_life
7th June, 2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks for your help.
I have a new key for Renault Clio and the coil is the same. This one has 58 Ohm.
So the problem must be the coil. I will try later on car and report.
But now my new key for Clio will be incomplete. Anyone knows where to buy this coil ?
And I also need a coil for a Megane 2 card (broken coil). Any website that sells this coils ?

Dovla78
7th June, 2013, 12:39 PM
china sites and try on codecard.lt

P&D
7th June, 2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks for your help.
I have a new key for Renault Clio and the coil is the same. This one has 58 Ohm.
So the problem must be the coil. I will try later on car and report.
But now my new key for Clio will be incomplete. Anyone knows where to buy this coil ?
And I also need a coil for a Megane 2 card (broken coil). Any website that sells this coils ?

Buy a cheap key off ebay......
RENAULT CLIO ETC. REMOTE ALARM KEY FOB CIRCUIT BOARD | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-CLIO-ETC-REMOTE-ALARM-KEY-FOB-CIRCUIT-BOARD-/110951690595?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item19d53c7163)

Genuine Renault Key Fob, Renault Remote key Fob 3x Button New Uncut Blade TESTED | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Renault-Key-Fob-Renault-Remote-key-Fob-3x-Button-New-Uncut-Blade-TESTED-/261213339241?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd1873e69)

RENAULT VAUXHALL 2 BUTTON VAN CAR REMOTE CONTROL ALARM KEY FOB TESTED & WORKING | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-VAUXHALL-2-BUTTON-VAN-CAR-REMOTE-CONTROL-ALARM-KEY-FOB-TESTED-WORKING-/150878701846?pt=UK_Car_Parts_Vehicles_Automobila_E T&hash=item2321124916)

All the coils are the same

For the Megane card also buy one off ebay all the coils are the same
this is what i do

Or your local car breakers yard

nicocr
9th June, 2013, 10:04 PM
what say the zed with the key who works? transponder? because if its possible the easy way is clone the working key and replace the chip

neno11
12th June, 2013, 11:46 PM
All the coils are NOT the same. It depends of used transponder chip in it because they are directly connected in parallel with related capacitor. Yours Astra H use pcf7941 which you can find also in some other Opels, Citroen C3,C4,C5, Peugeot 207, 307, 407, Saab. Inductivity is 2.37 mH.
Clio 2 uses pcf7946 slightly bigger coil and different amount of mH.
Megane Scenic Laguna 2 uses its own type, toroidal for pcf7946/47.
Bmw uses for pcf7942/43/44 one type, and for pcf7945 different type etc.

My advice, buy cheap opel remote pcb, see picture, and replace the coil.

It must have about 35 ohms and is very good quality, better then your type which also uses citroen peugeot. They are sensitive on fall shock. Closed types are better.

messhi78
13th June, 2013, 09:45 AM
simple method,if you hav pin code you can adapt a trenspender key