PDA

View Full Version : Omega MTRK Programmer Problems

Badger-
7th June, 2013, 11:53 PM
Having problems with my Omega. It wont read some Motorolla chips (D62J) MC68HC05X16
(0D46J) (2D47J) MC68HC11EA9 MC68HC05E6 (F82B) are all chips it has failed to read.
Its working fine for all eproms and tms chips that I have needed to read just Motorolla chips that it fails on.
Anyone else had this problem? If you run a self test it comes back hardware OK. Its already been back to the company that originally supplied it who claim it was sent back to the manufacturer repaired and tested. Although when I asked what was wrong with it they told me they didnt know hence the need to send it back to the manufacturer. Unfortunately I was of working for someone else at the time so I didn't have the need to use it. When I did come to use it again I found that it still didn't work!
Contacted the company and all I got back was pretty much its been 3 months tuff.
Any one got any Ideas what might be wrong with it?

Jeanhdo
8th June, 2013, 03:15 AM
What is the source you are using?
How many volts and how many amps?
Omega need 9V AC 1A.

Badger-
10th June, 2013, 02:25 PM
Just went and got a new 9v AC 1000ma power adapter just in case it was the original causing the problem but still no joy same problem. I really don't get whats wrong with it. It will read MC68C912 chips absolutely fine but wont read hc11 or hc05 if thats a clue.
Any one got any more ideas. I've tried on more than one computer and the results are the same on both.:(

nazz2
10th June, 2013, 09:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems, I have been there m8, with regards to (D62J) MC68HC05X16 you realise that there are 2 boards, one you should be able to read that chip, and the other one you cant!, if I remember correctly, the red board is correct, and the green one is not I will check the correct board number for you tmro, the others ,I havent had a chance to read one yet, sorry.

Badger-
10th June, 2013, 11:25 PM
Yup got both boards. I really don't get whats happen'd as all the motorolla chips that are causing problems I have read in the past without issue.
Ordered a new Omega Orange 5 unit today as I have a couple of Mercedes Sprinters to do with the D62J chip.
So less urgent now but would still like to try and get this one sorted out.

nazz2
12th June, 2013, 09:30 AM
Mybe upgrade the software ant try again?

nabby
12th June, 2013, 07:40 PM
Just went and got a new 9v AC 1000ma power adapter just in case it was the original causing the problem but still no joy same problem. I really don't get whats wrong with it. It will read MC68C912 chips absolutely fine but wont read hc11 or hc05 if thats a clue.
Any one got any more ideas. I've tried on more than one computer and the results are the same on both.:(

try using a 9v dc hickleys changed the from 9v ac to 9v dc

kuzmichh
12th June, 2013, 08:32 PM
Try to change 40MHz oscillator inside base station. Use oscillator in square body.
It helped me.