PDA

View Full Version : Caterpillar Comunication Adapter Help

KruegerTrucks
9th June, 2013, 12:28 AM
Hey there, I recently purchased a Chinese Cat Comm Adapter 3 to use with Cat ET and Cummins Insight for the trucking company I work for. I've learned that although this says comm III that inside the guts are actually Comm II. This adapter as a serial connector as well as USB and is 'supposed' to be Bluetooth capable. Long story short I have tried everything and cannot get my computer to talk to the adapter. I'm running Win 7 32 bit, Cat ET 2011A and Cummins Insight 7.5. I have loaded the drivers that came with the adapter with no luck, tried connecting via USB and Serial both with no luck.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

KruegerTrucks
12th June, 2013, 10:21 PM
Can anyone even point me in the right direction?

EDISON2010
13th June, 2013, 05:02 AM
I remember that to use this adapter ... need to use a patch with ET .... do you have this patch?.... regards

KruegerTrucks
16th June, 2013, 03:22 PM
Yes I have a ptched version of ET, I am also trying to use with insite

sosautomotive
17th June, 2013, 04:48 PM
did you select correct com port?

KruegerTrucks
17th June, 2013, 10:43 PM
Let's back up a bit. the problem is not with the programs, I cannot get my PC to talk to the Comm adapter, it's a driver issue i believe. There is no devices under Com Ports no matter how I hook it up. The drivers that came with the adapter are obviously not working. Anyone have Comm adapter II Drivers I could try?

sosautomotive
18th June, 2013, 06:55 AM
you can pm me

KruegerTrucks
18th June, 2013, 02:27 PM
PM Sent........

toshor
19th June, 2013, 06:19 AM
I remember that to use this adapter ... need to use a patch with ET .... do you have this patch?.... regards Having same trouble but I am runing Win Vista Home Premium do I need this patch to if so were do I find it Thanks