PDA

View Full Version : Wii USB HD Loader

Pages : [1] 2 3

DiddyDave
31st March, 2009, 08:28 AM
Hi here is what we have been all waiting for the USB HD Loader. The best thing since sliced bread. This will let you load all your backups from a USB HD so no more DVD's. This app is confirmed working.

Here is what you need to download

Digital Kaos - Downloads - USB HD Loader (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/usb-hd-loader-669/)

Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS36_rev9-Installer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/cios36_rev9-installer-670/)

And for those that like the Channels in stead of loading via the homebrew channel

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii USB HD Loader Channel (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wii-usb-hd-loader-channel-671/)

Here is an update on this app as i'm sure there will be people unsure on how to set this app up.

--- INSTALLATION ---

01. Download the ZIP file,

02. Extract the ZIP file to the root of your SD card.

03. You should now have two new folders, in your "apps" folder ("cIOS rev9" and "USB Loader 1_0").

04. Launch the "cIOS Installer", from The Homebrew Channel.

05. When it asks you the type of installation you want to use, press Right, on the D-Pad, and select "Network Installation."

06. Watch carefully, to be sure everything installs successfully. If you encounter any errors, rerun the "cIOS Installer", until it installs correctly.

07. Reboot.

08. Plug in your chosen USB drive. If your drive has a power light, be sure that it is correctly powered on.

09. Reboot.

10. Launch the "USB Loader", from The Homebrew Channel.

11. If the USB Loader launches, and the black rectangular section contains no text, you will need to power cycle your Wii, using the console power button.

12. If you receive "ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem (ret = -1)", then your USB device is NOT supported!

13. If you receive a WARNING that no WBFS partitions are found, your drive IS supported!

14. Press the "A" button, to format a partition. (WARNING:: Formatting a partition will delete EVERYTHING from that partition. Be sure to backup any important data, BEFORE pressing "A".)

15. The next screen will allow you to choose the partition you wish to format. Select the partition, and press "A".

16. After formatting is complete, you will be presented with a games list (currently blank). The screen will also show the amount of used space, and the free space remaining (There is currently a small bug, in the free and used space listings. The correct size is not shown, but it still can be used.)

17. Insert a Wii game disc you wish to backup.

18. Press the "+" button, to backup the disc. (Depending on the game, a disc can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 45 minutes to backup. Example: Carnival Games only took 58 seconds!)

19. Once the backup process has completed, press any button, to return to the game selection screen.

20. Eject your game disc.

21. Select your game from the game list, and press "A".

22. Your game should load, and be fully playable, from the USB device!!

NOTE: Some games will backup successfully, however will still require the disc to be inserted during gameplay (This appears to be another bug).

jrmarques
31st March, 2009, 06:50 PM
Hi here is what we have been all waiting for the USB HD Loader. The best thing since sliced bread. This will let you load all your backups from a USB HD so no more DVD's. This app is confirmed working.

Here is what you need to download

Digital Kaos - Downloads - USB HD Loader (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/usb-hd-loader-669/)

Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS36_rev9-Installer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/cios36_rev9-installer-670/)

And for those that like the Channels in stead of loading via the homebrew channel

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii USB HD Loader Channel (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wii-usb-hd-loader-channel-671/)

Finally! Ive just tested and it worked fine, only had one problem with SSBB on single player (the game hang and the wii drive lit)

The rest is working just fine! Thanks for the channel!:congrats:

sznaps
31st March, 2009, 08:47 PM
I installed this with system menu 4.0 and works perfectly. Thanks!

optanium
31st March, 2009, 09:08 PM
i just tried the usb loader and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the tut.

optanium
1st April, 2009, 01:05 AM
How do you create the channel for USB Loader? There is a 1.1 version out now. Thanks!

Yumraaj
2nd April, 2009, 01:51 PM
Does it load games that you already downloaded from the net?(iso format). Thanks

DiddyDave
2nd April, 2009, 02:05 PM
Does it load games that you already downloaded from the net?(iso format). Thanks

Yes what you need to do is download the WBFS GUI and save it to your desktop
Digital Kaos - Downloads - WBFS Injector (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wbfs-injector-675/)

Then plug your USB Key or drive from the wii in to your pc DONT FORMAT IT just close the box. The run the WBFS program the click add iso and then just wait.

jonnie.marsden
2nd April, 2009, 02:57 PM
I'm currently running Wii System Menu 3.1E and am reluctant to update to the new version 4 update. Is there any way to update manually to version 3.3E (or 3.4E so I can downgrade to 3.3E).
The reason for the upgrade to 3.3E is I tried to load the USB Loader but get error messages saying unable to find the USB subsystem.

Eugol14
2nd April, 2009, 03:53 PM
I can confirm that this is working on my Wii just great. All I need now is the channel download.

Thanks.

Yumraaj
2nd April, 2009, 06:41 PM
Yes what you need to do is download the WBFS GUI and save it to your desktop
Digital Kaos - Downloads - WBFS Injector (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wbfs-injector-675/)

Then plug your USB Key or drive from the wii in to your pc DONT FORMAT IT just close the box. The run the WBFS program the click add iso and then just wait.

Thanks for replying brother. One more question, as you probably know this that the Wii can only read FAT32 and Wii doesnt allow big files on it and wii games are around 4.37g, so how is this possible?Thanks

Found the solution for the above problem but there's more problem I cant seem to install the CIOS installer at all, it keep gives me error. My network is initialized. Is it something to do with my menu system coz Im on 3.2E???? Has anybody got the CIOS Installer as WAD file? Any help or suggestion is welcome. Thanks again

DiddyDave
3rd April, 2009, 07:56 AM
I can confirm that this is working on my Wii just great. All I need now is the channel download.

Thanks.

The channel is in the downloads section if you want it...

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii USB HD Loader 1.1 Channel (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wii-usb-hd-loader-1-1-channel-674/)

hornydevil
3rd April, 2009, 09:17 AM
Is there a maximum size HD the Wii can handle? Looking at getting this if it's any good....

Buffalo Drivestation 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Cheers

Maisto
3rd April, 2009, 11:52 AM
Does it work on 4.0?

DiddyDave
3rd April, 2009, 07:42 PM
Does it work on 4.0?

Only if you used the fixed Menu 4 update if you did the Nintendo Menu 4 update then it would of stooped all your home brew stuff from working any more.

See the downloads section for the Fixed Menu 4 update

Yumraaj
4th April, 2009, 06:47 PM
what format does the drive need to be in before connecting to the wii for USB Loader to recognise it? FAT32 or NTFS!!! Thanks.

DiddyDave
4th April, 2009, 08:37 PM
Is there a maximum size HD the Wii can handle? Looking at getting this if it's any good....

Buffalo Drivestation 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-Drivestation-500GB-External-Drive/dp/B001EKW0O4/ref=pd_cp_ce_1?pf_rd_p=136153791&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000LQA652&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0MWJ761EZZZWNSV2N4HS)

Cheers

Don't go above that as there is a limit of 500gb at the mome

thewebguy
4th April, 2009, 09:46 PM
If i play Raw smackdown 09 on Gamma loader it works fine same with MLB 2k9
Now if I try and use them with the USB loader MLB2k9 when it gets to screen that says loading it just stays there loading..and Raw smak loads only in black and white...
thoughts

DiddyDave
4th April, 2009, 09:48 PM
Now if I try and use them with the USB loader MLB2k9 when it gets to screen that says loading it just stays there loading..and Raw smak loads only in black and white...
thoughts

The USB HD Loader is still work in progress just bare with us..

DiddyDave
4th April, 2009, 09:50 PM
thoughts

1 more thing are you using the v1 or v1.1..? of the USB HD Loader

thewebguy
4th April, 2009, 09:54 PM
any thoughts on why this would happen...the raw is a patch of some sort cause the game is PAL and I have ntsc system

DiddyDave
4th April, 2009, 09:57 PM
any thoughts on why this would happen...the raw is a patch of some sort cause the game is PAL and I have ntsc system

Are you using the USB Loader 1 or 1.1 ..?

thewebguy
5th April, 2009, 02:08 AM
1.1 i am using the raw is a PAL disk is there a USB NTSC force?

middlewingnut
5th April, 2009, 07:45 AM
This works great! Zelda TP took 6 minutes to back up and then plays beautifully from teh USB hd. Thanks!

johny48
6th April, 2009, 09:09 PM
going to have a go at this just got 16gb pen drive
cheers and thanks for the info and hard work put into this

cheers johny48

Shah200sx
8th April, 2009, 02:03 AM
is it possible to use 4gb flash drive for HD loader (will a game fit on 4gb)
Cheers.

DiddyDave
8th April, 2009, 07:40 AM
is it possible to use 4gb flash drive for HD loader (will a game fit on 4gb)
Cheers.

It depends on the game I have managed to get 3 crappy games on to a 2 gb stick. Most games dont execeed the 3.5gb mark as the disk is split in to 3 parts 1 the game 2 the updates if any and then the dummy file to make it up to the 4.3gb point.

Shah200sx
8th April, 2009, 09:40 AM
i downloaded the hd loader and file is PHP how do i extract it.

hornydevil
10th April, 2009, 02:44 PM
I am trying to burn the saved games onto disc but everytime I plug the HDD into my laptop I am getting 'You need to format the disc in drive F: before you can use it'

Obviously I don't want to do that cos it'll delete all the games!

Any ideas on sorting it? I am using Vista by the way....

Cheers

hornydevil
10th April, 2009, 03:03 PM
Oops - sorted it!

Needed to us WBFS Manager to extract the iso!

Yumraaj
29th April, 2009, 10:36 PM

There's another version of usb loader that will force the game to start in full colour regarding of what region your wii is set on. It's called Ultimate Usb loader and it is very easy to configure and modifies. If you set the app on to patch mode, it will either force NTSC into Pal or vice versa. It also has ocarina function too!!!
So if you wana try it just click on this link and see for yourself.
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147085

Hope this help you.:top:

niallgrant
8th May, 2009, 09:16 PM
Hey, I'm I hope I can get this from ya but all the other usb loaders I have tried keep coming up with errors. I have a Toshiba 300gb ext drive formatted with 200gb WBFS and 100gb Fat32. Do you see any problems with that? It's seems my wii doesnt even know the HD is there.

Yumraaj
14th May, 2009, 10:14 PM
Hey, I'm I hope I can get this from ya but all the other usb loaders I have tried keep coming up with errors. I have a Toshiba 300gb ext drive formatted with 200gb WBFS and 100gb Fat32. Do you see any problems with that? It's seems my wii doesnt even know the HD is there.

Did you install the cIOS 36 Rev installer? It is important you do that before you try to access the Drive.

victor1
15th May, 2009, 06:36 AM
I have tried various usb loaders but keep getting the following:

error ret = -1)

any advice on what the problem could be, the wii is seeing the drive.

Yumraaj
15th May, 2009, 06:49 AM

error ret = -1)

If the wii is seeing the drive, may be it is not formatted properly! I had this problem before after a second format it was fine. Try this and see. Hope this help.

victor1
15th May, 2009, 08:09 AM
Hi thanks for the reply,I used WBFS manager to format the drive and loaded it with roms, do you think this could be the problem ? how should I format....fat or fat32 ?

victor1
15th May, 2009, 10:28 AM
well no luck with the reformat, think I'll have to stick with discs for now :(

victor1
15th May, 2009, 07:34 PM
Not having much luck with this, bought dvd-r tdk and the wii wouldn't read them, then got Arita and my dvd writer keeps spitting them out lol eventually got some to work using cheap ridisk, but would prefer the usb drive as I'm worried about the wiis laser.

Yumraaj
15th May, 2009, 11:43 PM
Hi thanks for the reply,I used WBFS manager to format the drive and loaded it with roms, do you think this could be the problem ? how should I format....fat or fat32 ?

I would format it as FAT32 first then WBFS. Have you tried to format it using your wii console itself? Try that first and see.

ocrim
16th May, 2009, 06:20 PM
Hi, I got a Western Digital HD,(1T) will work or not???
Thank you:manusign:

Bulld0g
16th May, 2009, 06:49 PM
Why not just try it and see for yourself. It's not that much hassle to just go ahead and test something for yourself is it ?

victor1
16th May, 2009, 09:43 PM
Ok update I got the loader working, by installing cIOS36_rev9-via network install. my 8gb USB key works well, but my 40gb lappy drive in usb enclosure didn't :( at least I'm a lot closer to success now, thans;)

Yumraaj
17th May, 2009, 02:20 PM
Ok update I got the loader working, by installing cIOS36_rev9-via network install. my 8gb USB key works well, but my 40gb lappy drive in usb enclosure didn't :( at least I'm a lot closer to success now, thans;)

It's a bit picky at the minute regarding drives. There is a list around on the net which will guide to which drive is compatible with USB Loader, Try google mate.

Had some spare time so did it for you:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

undercoverjamil
21st May, 2009, 07:40 PM
do u need to chip your wii for this

Yumraaj
21st May, 2009, 10:44 PM
do u need to chip your wii for this

No, you dont need to chip your wii mate.

victor1
23rd May, 2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks yumraaj, pleased to say I've now got this working, I had a spare sata drive, stuck it in an enclosure and it works superbly, a grand job ;)

Yumraaj
23rd May, 2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks yumraaj, pleased to say I've now got this working, I had a spare sata drive, stuck it in an enclosure and it works superbly, a grand job ;)

I am glad you got it working mate and thanks for thanking me but please thank the guy who actually created this thread as well because even though I have help you but without the person who uploaded it, no one would have been able to enjoy this beautiful piece of software. Thanks again:hahaha:

victor1
23rd May, 2009, 02:13 PM
Indeed m8, a big thank you to the OP DiddyDave, much appreciated ;)

hayabusa
25th May, 2009, 10:44 PM
how do we install the channel??..

thanks so much for tutorial!

victor1
26th May, 2009, 09:26 AM
hayabusa, good question and one I would like to know too, can the usb loader be installed as a channel, aat the minute mine runs off the sd card.

Yumraaj
26th May, 2009, 09:40 AM
how do we install the channel??..

thanks so much for tutorial!

You need to go to the very first post and download the Wii USB HD Loader Channel and install it using wad manager.

hayabusa, good question and one I would like to know too, can the usb loader be installed as a channel, aat the minute mine runs off the sd card.

You as well mate, you need to go to the very first post and download the Wii USB HD Loader Channel and install it using wad manager. Please in mind that this is only a forwarder, you still need the usb loader on your SD card. Basically it is just a shortcut, rather than keep opening homebrew channel all the time and then load it from there. Hope this help.

rod
27th May, 2009, 10:21 AM
hi guys, im new on wii and im always asking for help here haha tks, i would like to know if i can use my usb HD toshiba 320gb?
Ive got lots of stuff in it, is possible to I use it on the wii without delete the stuffs ive got in it or i have to delete every thing? tks

Yumraaj
27th May, 2009, 11:06 AM
hi guys, im new on wii and im always asking for help here haha tks, i would like to know if i can use my usb HD toshiba 320gb?
Ive got lots of stuff in it, is possible to I use it on the wii without delete the stuffs ive got in it or i have to delete every thing? tks

Hi mate. Let me explain something to you.
There are 3 ways you can format a HDD:
1: NTFS
2: FAT
3: WBFS (Wii Backup File System)

Now for the interesting part, If this is the only HDD you have, you need to partition first. Leave 1 partition as NTFS so you can leave all your windows files etc... and create a second partition & format it as FAT32. After you have format it as FAT32, now you have to format it as WBFS using WBFS Manager otherwise your wii will not recognised the HDD.

You need to download this file and install it:
WBFS Manager - Release: WBFS Manager 3.0 (http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=26808#ReleaseFiles)

Wiindows might not let you format it as FAT32 depending on the size, So you will also need this little application.
Fat32Formatter (http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/index.html)

Hope this help. If not come back and we'll explain more. :rock:

rod
27th May, 2009, 12:09 PM
tks, ill look in google to see how to do it and if i have any problem ill ask here again, tks very much

Trickyp
27th May, 2009, 03:56 PM
Hiya all , Real Noob here , Hope you dont mind me picking your brains :) , does the wii need the twilight hack applied first to use this? or will the files on the sd card sort it?

Thx in advance

Yumraaj
27th May, 2009, 04:42 PM
Hiya all , Real Noob here , Hope you dont mind me picking your brains :) , does the wii need the twilight hack applied first to use this? or will the files on the sd card sort it?

Thx in advance

No the file SD card will not be able to install Homebrew channel. You need a way to install Homebrew channel first.
Try this link:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/installing-homebrew-channel-system-menu-4-0-a-38342/

After you have managed to install it then you have to go to the very first page of this thread and follow the instruction to the letters!!!

Hope this help. If not come back for more.

Trickyp
27th May, 2009, 09:56 PM
Thx for the quick reply munraaj :) Not sure what rev will be on the wii , it was bought christmas and has never been connected to net or had any games in it since it was bought. If I connect it to the net will it update to 4 and then I go from there????

mad102190
27th May, 2009, 11:11 PM
how come i still cant download even tho ive posted, and thanked???

Yumraaj
27th May, 2009, 11:15 PM
Thx for the quick reply munraaj :) Not sure what rev will be on the wii , it was bought christmas and has never been connected to net or had any games in it since it was bought. If I connect it to the net will it update to 4 and then I go from there????

You dont really need to update your wii mate to use the benefit of usbloader.

Yumraaj
27th May, 2009, 11:16 PM
how come i still cant download even tho ive posted, and thanked???

you need to wait a bit mate, let the server update itself first. you will be able to download soon. I know you cant wait but trust me it will work.

rod
28th May, 2009, 12:00 PM
dear yumraaji have looked everywhere but i could not find a way to create a partition without delete everything on my external hdd, please can u tell me how to do it?
tks

Yumraaj
28th May, 2009, 01:55 PM
dear yumraaji have looked everywhere but i could not find a way to create a partition without delete everything on my external hdd, please can u tell me how to do it?
tks

Here you go mate:
How to Partition a Hard Drive | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_6027_partition-hard-drive.html)

OR

http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-partition-manager/help/resizing-and-moving-partition.htm

Note: Some people say it will NOT delete any existing data but to be on the safe side, I would back it up.

Hope this help. :pcguru:

rod
29th May, 2009, 12:27 PM
ive done every thig but when i put theUSB-Loader_v1.dol file in the sd and go to homebrew nothing happen, what should i do now

Yumraaj
29th May, 2009, 12:54 PM
ive done every thig but when i put theUSB-Loader_v1.dol file in the sd and go to homebrew nothing happen, what should i do now

You need to rename USB-Loader_v1.dol to boot.dol. Then go to homebrew channel and launch it and make sure it is in the apps folder on your SD card.

rod
29th May, 2009, 01:20 PM
apps folder on your SD card?
how do i do it?
sorry

Yumraaj
29th May, 2009, 01:33 PM
you should have a folder on your SD card called apps. make a new folder inside the apps folder and name it usbloader and copy the usbloader.dol in the folder.

N.B: Dont forget to rename it to boot.dol

rod
29th May, 2009, 05:26 PM
ive done it but when i open the homebrew channel come on

Exception (isi)

(lots of number )

stack dump

Yumraaj
29th May, 2009, 05:39 PM
I have never come across this one before mate Are you sure that you have followed the instruction properly?

undercoverjamil
29th May, 2009, 07:08 PM
i have got a massive problem. none of my usb's work with this. I have tried 6 different ones.

also to rod that also happened to me first. First of all get rid of everything else on your sd card first. then do it. if u have wii sytem 4.0 use bannerbomb.

YZdave
29th May, 2009, 10:32 PM
So i got this up and running with no trouble, DL some games and copied some games and the worked fine. SSX Blur loads up to the warning screen then the wii freezes and the controller turns off. have to turn off the wii to get back to the menu. i have cIOS36_rev10, and have tried the usb loaders SDUSB-Loader_v1.5, WiiCoverFlow-RC3 and SDUSB-Loader_cfg31b. Read about this problem with people using backup loader and their fix is to use [2106]IOSPatcher_1.0 and change the iso setting to 249 or 30. Does anyone have a fix to get this game working?

just thought about it and since we use iso36 then i will use iso patcher and change the game iso to 36. will update if it works

::update:: No dice. didnt work when changed gameiso to 36, after warning screen it dumped back to wii menu

Yumraaj
31st May, 2009, 12:49 PM
ive done it but when i open the homebrew channel come on

Exception (isi)

(lots of number )

stack dump

Rod have you manage to install it again mate?

Axess Denyd
31st May, 2009, 04:42 PM
.I installed USB Loader the other day, but I have been having problems getting it to work. I am not sure if the problem is due to an unsupported drive or because I have done something a little funny in the software. So let me throw out what it does.

I have tried two different drives, but I get the ret=-1 error. It comes up instantly, as soon as I hit A on "USB Hard Drive". The part that makes me think it is software is that it does exactly the same thing when there is no drive connected, when when I tell it to look at the SD card.

Is this normal behavior for an unsupported/disconnected drive? Neither of my drives are on the compatibility list. If this is the expected behavior I would be willing to go buy a second drive and use the existing one for backup, but I would like to be more sure before spending that kind of money again.

Oh, and I have tried plugging the drives in at different times and using different ports, but it hasn't made a difference. I have plugged in unformatted drives as well as drives that have been partitioned and formatted with WBFS, and then had games loaded to them. I have installed IOS36 rev 10.

undercoverjamil
31st May, 2009, 07:03 PM
what sort of memory sticks work for this as i can't get a single one to work.
Is there a minimum size the memory stick has to be.

Yumraaj
31st May, 2009, 07:52 PM
what sort of memory sticks work for this as i can't get a single one to work.
Is there a minimum size the memory stick has to be.

.I installed USB Loader the other day, but I have been having problems getting it to work. I am not sure if the problem is due to an unsupported drive or because I have done something a little funny in the software. So let me throw out what it does.

I have tried two different drives, but I get the ret=-1 error. It comes up instantly, as soon as I hit A on "USB Hard Drive". The part that makes me think it is software is that it does exactly the same thing when there is no drive connected, when when I tell it to look at the SD card.

Is this normal behavior for an unsupported/disconnected drive? Neither of my drives are on the compatibility list. If this is the expected behavior I would be willing to go buy a second drive and use the existing one for backup, but I would like to be more sure before spending that kind of money again.

Oh, and I have tried plugging the drives in at different times and using different ports, but it hasn't made a difference. I have plugged in unformatted drives as well as drives that have been partitioned and formatted with WBFS, and then had games loaded to them. I have installed IOS36 rev 10.

Try and install this latest update and see what happen mate.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS36_rev12-Installer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/cios36_rev12-installer-712/)

rod
1st June, 2009, 12:02 PM
hi mate it is not working, ive put the file in the sd with the other name and went to homebrew and it worked, but when i turn on my usb hd and press to play a game come with that screen again, i think my usb hd dosent work

teske
1st June, 2009, 12:27 PM
i git a error ret 2011 and i haf try 5 times vot can i do, i haf 4.0e

Axess Denyd
1st June, 2009, 02:38 PM
Finally got mine working yesterday. I got IOS36rev10 from another source and it worked perfectly. I guess the one I originally had was corrupted or something--the filenames were the same, but obivously one didn't work.

rod
1st June, 2009, 06:00 PM
hi guys i got another usb loader from another site that says

Just extract the "USB Loader GX-ULNR r366.wad" to your SD:/wad folder and install with Wad Manager.

but when i put this in wad folder i cant see it, can someone tell how to do it?
I tryed the one from here and it dosent work on my usb hd, tks

Yumraaj
1st June, 2009, 06:04 PM
hi guys i got another usb loader from another site that says

Just extract the "USB Loader GX-ULNR r366.wad" to your SD:/wad folder and install with Wad Manager.

but when i put this in wad folder i cant see it, can someone tell how to do it?
I tryed the one from here and it dosent work on my usb hd, tks

Just make sure you dont have more than 8 wad files in the folder because wad manager cant read more than 8.

rod
1st June, 2009, 06:11 PM
is that right?
put this file in wad folder and go to homebrew or i have to create another folder too?
tks

rod
1st June, 2009, 06:26 PM
i downloaded the cIOS36_rev12-Installer but how can i check if this is not in mine already?

undercoverjamil
1st June, 2009, 07:19 PM
Just make sure you dont have more than 8 wad files in the folder because wad manager cant read more than 8.

wat is wad manager. cos i dont have it and have never heard of it.

Yumraaj
1st June, 2009, 10:39 PM
is that right?
put this file in wad folder and go to homebrew or i have to create another folder too?
tks

No you dont have to create another one, just put this one in your existing one and that's it

i downloaded the cIOS36_rev12-Installer but how can i check if this is not in mine already?

Plug you Sd card in your PC, double click on it and you will see a folder call apps, open it and see if it is there already or you can plug it into your wii, launch HBC and see if it there.

wat is wad manager. cos i dont have it and have never heard of it.

Wad manager is an application that you use to install wad files. Basically you put the main application in your apps folder on your SD card and use HBC to launch it. All your wad files should be in a folder call wad which should be in the root of the SD card.

teske
2nd June, 2009, 08:54 AM
how do i install Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii USB HD Loader Channel (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wii-usb-hd-loader-channel-671/)

Yumraaj
2nd June, 2009, 09:36 AM
how do i install Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii USB HD Loader Channel (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wii-usb-hd-loader-channel-671/)

Basically you put the Wii USB HD Loader Channel.wad file in the wad folder which should be in the root of the SD card. Then go to HBC and launch Wadmanager. Press A button then choose SD and press A button again. You should be able the file now, select it with D-Pad (Arrow/Directional Keys) and press + and wait for it.

teske
2nd June, 2009, 09:45 AM
okay i will do dat thk

Yumraaj
2nd June, 2009, 10:31 AM
okay i will do dat thk

Any probs, just get back to me. It's no trouble at all. I know how it's like when you just started, I was the same! Now It's my turn to help others.

rod
2nd June, 2009, 12:20 PM
hi guys ive done every thing but when i got to usb loader gx channel it says that the usb is not formated when it aks for format it says that cant format, what can i do now, tks

Yumraaj
2nd June, 2009, 12:45 PM
hi guys ive done every thing but when i got to usb loader gx channel it says that the usb is not formated when it aks for format it says that cant format, what can i do now, tks

What is the make and model of you drive mate?

undercoverjamil
2nd June, 2009, 08:09 PM
Wad manager is an application that you use to install wad files. Basically you put the main application in your apps folder on your SD card and use HBC to launch it. All your wad files should be in a folder call wad which should be in the root of the SD card.[/QUOTE]

i don't have a wad folder or any wad files

rod
2nd June, 2009, 09:31 PM
What is the make and model of you drive mate?

Toshiba (PX1267E-1G32) 320 GB USB 2.0 Hard Drive this is my hdd

Yumraaj
2nd June, 2009, 11:27 PM
i don't have a wad folder or any wad files

Sorry to ask this but what are you trying to do with your wii mate?

Toshiba (PX1267E-1G32) 320 GB USB 2.0 Hard Drive this is my hdd

I have checked your Drive and it looks like it should be compatible with your wii. Rod how many partitions are there on your drive? Is 320 the full capacity or part of it?

rod
2nd June, 2009, 11:54 PM
it is full, i think it is only 1 partitions, how can i check it?
if i try to install this cIOS38 Rev.12 in my wii and if it is already in it is that going to brick my wii?

Yumraaj
3rd June, 2009, 08:44 AM
it is full, i think it is only 1 partitions, how can i check it?
if i try to install this cIOS38 Rev.12 in my wii and if it is already in it is that going to brick my wii?

Ok mate try to install cIOS36_rev9 again.

If rev9 do works!!! DON'T try and install rev10 but if it doesn't then install rev10.
Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS36_rev10-Installer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/cios36_rev10-installer-718/)

If that doesn't work then install this one:
Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS36_rev12-Installer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/cios36_rev12-installer-712/)

If that still don't work then install this latest one:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/cios38_rev13-installer-wad-719/

Hopefully by installing 1 the above will sort out your problems and your headache mate lol

rod
3rd June, 2009, 04:14 PM
Do u know if there is another way to format the usb hd to wbfs? I installed the last one and it is not working haha, ill give up i cant do it any more tks for your help and the wast of your time hahaha.

undercoverjamil
3rd June, 2009, 06:33 PM
well i am trying to get the usb loader. i have homebrew browser but can get everything to work by the apps folder. Never before used a wad thing and dont no what to install 4 it.

oh yeah the other guys usb was 320gb mine is only a 32gb memory stick might that be the problem

undercoverjamil
3rd June, 2009, 06:34 PM
This is for being able to play copied games on a usb instead of discs, but when are you able to play copied games from a disc on a wii.

Yumraaj
3rd June, 2009, 07:14 PM
Do u know if there is another way to format the usb hd to wbfs? I installed the last one and it is not working haha, ill give up i cant do it any more tks for your help and the wast of your time hahaha.

Don't give up just yet matey, I will always be here to help and don't worry you haven't wasted my time (much):hahaha:.

Let start from the beginning:
1. Can you please tell me how did you go about formating the USB drive?

2. Are you using WBFS Manager to format it or wii to format it?

Yumraaj
3rd June, 2009, 07:21 PM
well i am trying to get the usb loader. i have homebrew browser but can get everything to work by the apps folder. Never before used a wad thing and dont no what to install 4 it.

oh yeah the other guys usb was 320gb mine is only a 32gb memory stick might that be the problem

Your USB shouldn't be a problem mate and if you go to the very first page everything is there to get you going in regard with installing USBLoader.

But to be able to play copied games on your wii go to this page and again everything is there.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-softmod-tutorial-noobs-like-me-20545/

Hope this help.

rod
3rd June, 2009, 11:16 PM
Don't give up just yet matey, I will always be here to help and don't worry you haven't wasted my time (much):hahaha:.

Let start from the beginning:
1. Can you please tell me how did you go about formating the USB drive?

2. Are you using WBFS Manager to format it or wii to format it?

ive deleted everything in my usb, and formated it for fat32, ive used the WBFS Manager to format it and ive put some games in there, but when i connect it in the wii and go to usb loader the usb loader says that is not formatted and ask if i would like to format it, when i click on yes come a screen saying that the usb cant be formatted, so the usb loader is detecting the usb but not that it is formatted for wbfs, ive tryed every thing but dosent work, tks for your help mate.

Yumraaj
3rd June, 2009, 11:27 PM
ive deleted everything in my usb, and formated it for fat32, ive used the WBFS Manager to format it and ive put some games in there, but when i connect it in the wii and go to usb loader the usb loader says that is not formatted and ask if i would like to format it, when i click on yes come a screen saying that the usb cant be formatted, so the usb loader is detecting the usb but not that it is formatted for wbfs, ive tryed every thing but dosent work, tks for your help mate.

Rod, is that the same USB drive you partitioned to create 320gb? or it another drive?

rod
4th June, 2009, 12:29 AM
hi mate ive just tryed a flash usb of 4gb and it works perfect and ive done everything ive done in the anotherone, sop i think this one of 320gb doesent work on usb loader

Yumraaj
4th June, 2009, 06:45 AM
hi mate ive just tryed a flash usb of 4gb and it works perfect and ive done everything ive done in the anotherone, sop i think this one of 320gb doesent work on usb loader

So thats it then, it's your drive thats causing you trouble. At least you know it works. If you think of getting a drive in the future please dont buy seagate as it has some compatibility issues, go for freecom, western digital or maxtor.

rod
4th June, 2009, 09:08 AM
tks yumraaj for your help, every time i opned my usb in my pc it open 2 one is the hdd with 298gb and another one thet is a cd drive password do you think thatv is the problem if yes how can i delete it, or if i want to buy a new one wich one is better freecom, western digital or maxtor?
tks

Yumraaj
4th June, 2009, 10:16 AM
tks yumraaj for your help, every time i opned my usb in my pc it open 2 one is the hdd with 298gb and another one thet is a cd drive password do you think thatv is the problem if yes how can i delete it, or if i want to buy a new one wich one is better freecom, western digital or maxtor?
tks

It looks like you have 2 partitions on your drive and if the main partition was converted to CD Drive that is why you cant format it mate. Try the fat32formatter and use initialize the whole drive, it might or might not let you format it, try and see.

Let me explain this to you.
Let just say you buy a brand new Drive e.g 1 TB and you partition it to create 300 gb from it. So you will end up with a main drive of 700 gb and a Virtual drive of 300 gb.
So if you decide to use the virtual drive with the usb loader, it wont work!!! instead you will have to use the 700 gb.

The answer is to create a partition of 700 gb and leave the main drive to 300 gb. Which mean your main drive will be 300 gb and a virtual drive of 700 gb. The use WBFS Manager to format the 300 gb and away you go.

Hope you understand What I said!!! :hahaha:
Anyway for the best drive I would use this list please dont buy seagate at any cost.
USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List)

Good luck matey

undercoverjamil
4th June, 2009, 06:28 PM
Your USB shouldn't be a problem mate and if you go to the very first page everything is there to get you going in regard with installing USBLoader.

But to be able to play copied games on your wii go to this page and again everything is there.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-softmod-tutorial-noobs-like-me-20545/

Hope this help.

thanks but that is for wii system menu 3.4 and ihave wii system menu 4.0.

oh yeah and that wii isb device compatibility list u have there, my usb isn't on that is that a problem or can i still use it.

undercoverjamil
4th June, 2009, 06:50 PM
when i try to use my usb for that thing it comes up with this
ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem (ret=4100)

Yumraaj
4th June, 2009, 08:13 PM
when i try to use my usb for that thing it comes up with this
ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem (ret=4100)

So if your USB device is not listed on that page may be this is the culprit then. There is a USBLoader that will use SD card to load games as well as Hard Drive, I can't remember which one it is at the minute but will surely look it up for you.

Here you go matey. Try this, if it works then it is definitely your Drive.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/sd-usb-loader-v1-4-720/

undercoverjamil
5th June, 2009, 07:00 PM
So if your USB device is not listed on that page may be this is the culprit then. There is a USBLoader that will use SD card to load games as well as Hard Drive, I can't remember which one it is at the minute but will surely look it up for you.

Here you go matey. Try this, if it works then it is definitely your Drive.
Digital Kaos - Downloads - SD/USB Loader v1.4 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/sd-usb-loader-v1-4-720/)

thanks m8 i will see if it works.

undercoverjamil
5th June, 2009, 07:03 PM
oh yeah i also found out what wads are and installed one on my wii. if it helps.

mquicks
7th June, 2009, 05:01 AM
yumraaj, i see you have helped out a lot of people...hopefully i can get my wii working. like axess denyd i have tried 3 different usb devices:

-8GB Corsair Flash Voyager Thumbdrive
-16GB Diesel Thumbdrive
-Part Number: D60U2FM (http://www.tradeloop.com/computer_parts/?k=D60U2FM&e=394) BUSlink Disk-On-The-Go - Hard drive - 60 GB

And all of them AND selecting SD gives me the (ret -1) error when it says it's mounting drives. While all 3 drives might not be supported it seems to happen so quickly (and it doesn't support the SD card too) that it makes me think it's not purely a USB loader error.

I softmodded my wii using the guide here - WiiSoftMod for you Wii! (http://www.wiisoftmod.2ya.com/) so I should have everything that this site says one should have. I actually got the DVD player to load games but they'd give me disc errors when I played them for a few minutes. The slowest my burner burns is 6X which might be too fast (I'm also using DVD+Rs if that makes a difference). Either way I'd like to get USB to work too.

Tried using USB Loader GX V 1.0 (r316) and Waninkoko SD/USB Loader v 1.5 and got the same message in both.

Any help would be appreciated as I've been trying for days to get this stuff to work. :(

Yumraaj
7th June, 2009, 09:47 AM
yumraaj, i see you have helped out a lot of people...hopefully i can get my wii working. like axess denyd i have tried 3 different usb devices:

-8GB Corsair Flash Voyager Thumbdrive
-16GB Diesel Thumbdrive
-Part Number: D60U2FM (http://www.tradeloop.com/computer_parts/?k=D60U2FM&e=394) BUSlink Disk-On-The-Go - Hard drive - 60 GB

And all of them AND selecting SD gives me the (ret -1) error when it says it's mounting drives. While all 3 drives might not be supported it seems to happen so quickly (and it doesn't support the SD card too) that it makes me think it's not purely a USB loader error.

I softmodded my wii using the guide here - WiiSoftMod for you Wii! (http://www.wiisoftmod.2ya.com/) so I should have everything that this site says one should have. I actually got the DVD player to load games but they'd give me disc errors when I played them for a few minutes. The slowest my burner burns is 6X which might be too fast (I'm also using DVD+Rs if that makes a difference). Either way I'd like to get USB to work too.

Tried using USB Loader GX V 1.0 (r316) and Waninkoko SD/USB Loader v 1.5 and got the same message in both.

Any help would be appreciated as I've been trying for days to get this stuff to work. :(

I have read your post and even went to the page that used to softmod your wii, it looks like you have this fie missing "cios36 rev9" please click on the link below, download and install it. This will help your wii recognising your drive mate.

Hope this help.

undercoverjamil
7th June, 2009, 11:51 AM
nah that didnt work either. But my sd card didnt work aswell and well my wii obviously recognises it.

Yumraaj
7th June, 2009, 02:01 PM
nah that didnt work either. But my sd card didnt work aswell and well my wii obviously recognises it.

Have you formatted your HDD or SD as WBFS?

mquicks
8th June, 2009, 02:17 PM
thanks so much the CIOS_rev9 file you posted worked for me! now i only have to figure out how to make the USB loader a channel on the wii menu.

undercoverjamil
8th June, 2009, 09:05 PM
Have you formatted your HDD or SD as WBFS?

no, but i thought your wii does that

Yumraaj
8th June, 2009, 10:43 PM
no, but i thought your wii does that

As soon you launch the usbloader it will ask you to format the drive if it is detected, format it otherwise you cant use it mate.

Yumraaj
8th June, 2009, 10:49 PM
thanks so much the CIOS_rev9 file you posted worked for me! now i only have to figure out how to make the USB loader a channel on the wii menu.

Download this:
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Usb Loader forwarder channel (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/usb-loader-forwarder-channel-727/)

Put it in wad folder in your sd card, install it using wad manager. That's it.

undercoverjamil
9th June, 2009, 07:36 PM
As soon you launch the usbloader it will ask you to format the drive if it is detected, format it otherwise you cant use it mate.

thats the thing i don't no if it is detected it just gives me error messages.

TheGreatDestroyer
10th June, 2009, 02:11 AM
Hello, fellow modders!

I just joined this message board in hopes that someone might assist me.

I found out about the hack from, and installed it according to, this website:
How to Store/Load Wii Games via USB Hard Drive [Slick Tricks] (http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/97-connect-wii-usb-hard-drive.html)

I never updated my Wii system menu (that I can remember) due to my installing the Homebrew Channel since it arrived on the scene. My Wii System menu still its at 3.2U.

You know what, the only thing that I have set up differently from that website's instructions, is that I replaced the cIOS36_rev10 with the cIOS36_13b, and that I swapped the USB Loader 1.5 with the Ultimate USB Loader v6.5. Also, I did not install the USB loader Forwarder channel, but rather the new, snazzy-looking WiiFlow Forwarder (YouTube - WiiFlow Forwarder). Haha, I guess you can say that I took my liberties with following those instructions, haha.

Anyway, long story short, my problem seems to be the hard drive that I purchased for this whole USB backup operation. I purchased the Transcend 320GB 2.5" portable drive. I went with this drive because of the USB Wii HDD compatibility website (USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List)).

You will notice that there is a 320gb Transcend drive that 4 people have sworn to its perfect operation. The drive they reported on is model #TS320GSJ25C. Upon a little research, I noticed a very similar Transcend drive with model #TS320GSJ25M. The only difference in the model # is the letter at the end. "C" stands for "classic", and the "M" stands for "Military". Both drives were on sale for the same price, so I went for the rugged, military version, assuming that the underlying technology would be the same. Afterall, it appeared as if every other spec of the two drives were identical.

Anyway, myself and a friend installed exactly the same way. His drive works fine (some little 80gb maxtor portable drive), whereas mine is barely ever recognized by either the USB loader app, or the WiiFlow forwarder channel. Both of our devices are USB powered. He and I tried troubleshooting our operation for all night the other night. We tried to figure out the constant variable in my drive's inconsistent performance (and when I say performance, I only mean it's being recognized, and not showing an error-1. I haven't even tried to play a game off of the drive at this point). We tried both of our drives on my system with the same results. Tried each other USB cords with the same outcome. We also tried each others' SD cards just incase there was a slight difference in how they were set up; still, his worked all the time, every time, and mine mounted like once out of every four or five attempts. It just seemed so random!

Anyway, I would appreciate any and all help. The Transcend drive that I bought mounts fine on my computer, so I know that the drive is perfectly operational. Also, being that it seems to be the twin of the drive that was reported to perform swimmingly with the USB HDD Loader, I feel like it should work better. I don't know much about all of the different loader app versions and revisions and updates and all of that other stuff. So maybe someone can help diagnose my situation with their experience on the subject. Thank you very much, brothers!

Yumraaj
10th June, 2009, 07:11 AM
Hello, fellow modders!

I just joined this message board in hopes that someone might assist me.

I found out about the hack from, and installed it according to, this website:
How to Store/Load Wii Games via USB Hard Drive [Slick Tricks] (http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/97-connect-wii-usb-hard-drive.html)

I never updated my Wii system menu (that I can remember) due to my installing the Homebrew Channel since it arrived on the scene. My Wii System menu still its at 3.2U.

You know what, the only thing that I have set up differently from that website's instructions, is that I replaced the cIOS36_rev10 with the cIOS36_13b, and that I swapped the USB Loader 1.5 with the Ultimate USB Loader v6.5. Also, I did not install the USB loader Forwarder channel, but rather the new, snazzy-looking WiiFlow Forwarder (YouTube - WiiFlow Forwarder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZRxmSbpWrI)). Haha, I guess you can say that I took my liberties with following those instructions, haha.

Anyway, long story short, my problem seems to be the hard drive that I purchased for this whole USB backup operation. I purchased the Transcend 320GB 2.5" portable drive. I went with this drive because of the USB Wii HDD compatibility website (USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List)).

You will notice that there is a 320gb Transcend drive that 4 people have sworn to its perfect operation. The drive they reported on is model #TS320GSJ25C. Upon a little research, I noticed a very similar Transcend drive with model #TS320GSJ25M. The only difference in the model # is the letter at the end. "C" stands for "classic", and the "M" stands for "Military". Both drives were on sale for the same price, so I went for the rugged, military version, assuming that the underlying technology would be the same. Afterall, it appeared as if every other spec of the two drives were identical.

Anyway, myself and a friend installed exactly the same way. His drive works fine (some little 80gb maxtor portable drive), whereas mine is barely ever recognized by either the USB loader app, or the WiiFlow forwarder channel. Both of our devices are USB powered. He and I tried troubleshooting our operation for all night the other night. We tried to figure out the constant variable in my drive's inconsistent performance (and when I say performance, I only mean it's being recognized, and not showing an error-1. I haven't even tried to play a game off of the drive at this point). We tried both of our drives on my system with the same results. Tried each other USB cords with the same outcome. We also tried each others' SD cards just incase there was a slight difference in how they were set up; still, his worked all the time, every time, and mine mounted like once out of every four or five attempts. It just seemed so random!

Anyway, I would appreciate any and all help. The Transcend drive that I bought mounts fine on my computer, so I know that the drive is perfectly operational. Also, being that it seems to be the twin of the drive that was reported to perform swimmingly with the USB HDD Loader, I feel like it should work better. I don't know much about all of the different loader app versions and revisions and updates and all of that other stuff. So maybe someone can help diagnose my situation with their experience on the subject. Thank you very much, brothers!

Try and install this one instead because people is reporting problem with Rev 10 and 13. Hope this help you mate.

TheGreatDestroyer
10th June, 2009, 07:03 PM
thanks, yumraaj,

I will try rev9. So, you have actually seen this erratic behavior with some drives and the revision number? If so, that is comforting. I will try the rev9 when I get home.

Do I need to uninstall revision13b first before I run rev9? Or does running it on my wii automatically undo all that rev13b did?

Also, something that I never quite understood: What is the deal with selecting either IOS256 or IOS37, etc., when doing the installation? I don't understand the reasoning for selecting any of those--what purpose they have, or the difference between them. What does it have to do with? The game iso's that I play?

Thanks, again! I will report back with my results! I really appreciate the support!

saxo26
10th June, 2009, 10:17 PM
Will try on wii v4.0 tonight

Yumraaj
10th June, 2009, 10:59 PM
thanks, yumraaj,

I will try rev9. So, you have actually seen this erratic behavior with some drives and the revision number? If so, that is comforting. I will try the rev9 when I get home.

Do I need to uninstall revision13b first before I run rev9? Or does running it on my wii automatically undo all that rev13b did?

Also, something that I never quite understood: What is the deal with selecting either IOS256 or IOS37, etc., when doing the installation? I don't understand the reasoning for selecting any of those--what purpose they have, or the difference between them. What does it have to do with? The game iso's that I play?

Thanks, again! I will report back with my results! I really appreciate the support!

I don't think you need to uninstall anything, just do an installation of Rev9 and this should fix the problem hopefully. With regard to selecting IOS, this is for advance users who knows exactly what IOS they are running. Dont worry about it.

Will try on wii v4.0 tonight

You need to softmod your wii first, if you haven't please do so before you install USBLoader.

TheGreatDestroyer
11th June, 2009, 05:09 AM
ugh. bummer. rev9 didn't bring about any results for me. Thank you though. I guess that hard drive just sucks. =/

I switched back and got a little 8gb pocketsize drive to work just fine. It's just gotta be my drive. its frustrating cuz it seems identical to the one that should work great.

arg!

I guess i gotta try to sell it on ebay cuz the ecost has a beat return policy.

I really want a hard drive that you have to plug in (so i dont have a potential power issue again), but one that turns on and off with the turning on and off of my wii. know of and good ones that actually work perfectly with the wii (i am a little nervous about trusting that compatibility list again). i am thinking that a 500gb drive should be sweet.

Unless, you think there might be something else i can try?

hornydevil
11th June, 2009, 01:21 PM
ugh. bummer. rev9 didn't bring about any results for me. Thank you though. I guess that hard drive just sucks. =/

I switched back and got a little 8gb pocketsize drive to work just fine. It's just gotta be my drive. its frustrating cuz it seems identical to the one that should work great.

arg!

I guess i gotta try to sell it on ebay cuz the ecost has a beat return policy.

I really want a hard drive that you have to plug in (so i dont have a potential power issue again), but one that turns on and off with the turning on and off of my wii. know of and good ones that actually work perfectly with the wii (i am a little nervous about trusting that compatibility list again). i am thinking that a 500gb drive should be sweet.

Unless, you think there might be something else i can try?

This one works a treat fella

Buffalo Drivestation 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

It's the one I use with no problems at all

undercoverjamil
11th June, 2009, 06:22 PM
how much, cos every one i got doen't work so i don't want to spend too much money on these anymore.

this is the one u showed us:

oh yeah haven't actualy seen the link so sorry if it says on the site.

johny48
11th June, 2009, 11:45 PM
how much, cos every one i got doen't work so i don't want to spend too much money on these anymore.

this is the one u showed us:
Buffalo Drivestation 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-Drivestation-500GB-External-Drive/dp/B001EKW0O4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244722779&sr=8-2)

oh yeah haven't actualy seen the link so sorry if it says on the site.

the buffalo drivestation works great for me as well have had no problemes with it only the cios rev13 issues of not detecting the drive so went back to rev9 and rev10 for the coverflow loader over 200 games and still going i think im addicted to downloading wii games LOL:pcguru:

cheers johny48

undercoverjamil
12th June, 2009, 05:55 PM
the buffalo drivestation works great for me as well have had no problemes with it only the cios rev13 issues of not detecting the drive so went back to rev9 and rev10 for the coverflow loader over 200 games and still going i think im addicted to downloading wii games LOL:pcguru:

cheers johny48

do u no of any good places to download wii games a every eii game i try to download says it will take 1 week amd i can't be bothered to wait that long

thesameri
12th June, 2009, 09:10 PM
im trying to find a progrm to make shortcut on wii

adey987
13th June, 2009, 09:02 AM
USB loader 1.5 is out now. I am using a 250gb h/drive, crashes now and again i can live with that

undercoverjamil
13th June, 2009, 06:46 PM
is there any good places to download wii games fast.

freck
13th June, 2009, 07:23 PM
Nzbmatrix or katz

undercoverjamil
14th June, 2009, 12:03 PM
Nzbmatrix or katz

thanks. on the NzbMatrix do u have to get a vip account because i can't download any .iso files

krazylegz
14th June, 2009, 12:14 PM
anything older than 20 days you'll need a vip account

undercoverjamil
14th June, 2009, 12:42 PM
anything older than 20 days you'll need a vip account

well i haven't found a single thing with no need of a vip account. Guess i made an account too late

Yumraaj
14th June, 2009, 01:14 PM
well i haven't found a single thing with no need of a vip account. Guess i made an account too late

After you have logged in, go to games section and choose wii, it will display the games for you. It will also show you on the right side how many days old (age) it is.

partyzone
15th June, 2009, 10:41 AM
can any external hd work?

thx
daz

Yumraaj
15th June, 2009, 11:32 AM
can any external hd work?

thx
daz

No not all drive will works, Stay safe read this first:
USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List)

undercoverjamil
15th June, 2009, 07:12 PM
do u think that me being on system menu 4.0 is a problem to all this usb difficulty.

shahee
16th June, 2009, 05:38 PM
cIOS36_rev9-Installer - is there a rev 10 not available now?

Yumraaj
16th June, 2009, 10:40 PM
cIOS36_rev9-Installer - is there a rev 10 not available now?

Rev 10 is available if you need it...
Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS36_rev10-Installer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/cios36_rev10-installer-718/)

Tajvinder
17th June, 2009, 10:28 AM
Hi, this is very comprehensive.

undercoverjamil
17th June, 2009, 05:24 PM
Rev 10 is available if you need it...
i was messing around yesterday, just installing anything on the wii and now i get a error message on the usb loader. It says ret-1.

Before it wouldn't work but i got a different error message. do u no how to fix this.

DiddyDave
17th June, 2009, 07:54 PM
i was messing around yesterday, just installing anything on the wii and now i get a error message on the usb loader. It says ret-1.

Before it wouldn't work but i got a different error message. do u no how to fix this.

Ret-1 means it can't see your ext HD. Try pluging it in the right hand side as you look at it from behind the wii

Yumraaj
18th June, 2009, 04:38 PM
Ret-1 means it can't see your ext HD. Try pluging it in the right hand side as you look at it from behind the wii

Or maybe your HDD isn't compatible!!!

undercoverjamil
18th June, 2009, 04:44 PM

i have tried both. None of them work but i will check again

Or maybe your HDD isn't compatible!!!

don't think it is that, cos i got that sd/usb one and the error message comes up with the sd aswell.
and i got a usb off of that compatibility list

acev
19th June, 2009, 11:46 PM
the joys of the WII well done

partyzone
20th June, 2009, 02:01 PM
when i open homebrew channel all i get is bubbles going up screen, have i done somthing wrong?
ive been trying to set up the h/d installation but when i put sd card into wii with the hd files on it shows nothing but the bubbles. the banner bomb worked perfect but tried few times now on the hd software.
am i doing it right by reading sd card from homebrew channel (the bubbles)

thx daz

abster007
20th June, 2009, 02:08 PM
:cheer:This idea is great. I really hope it works for me. I will write when I know.

Yumraaj
20th June, 2009, 03:10 PM
when i open homebrew channel all i get is bubbles going up screen, have i done somthing wrong?
ive been trying to set up the h/d installation but when i put sd card into wii with the hd files on it shows nothing but the bubbles. the banner bomb worked perfect but tried few times now on the hd software.
am i doing it right by reading sd card from homebrew channel (the bubbles)

thx daz

Please check if you have got a folder called 'apps' in your SD card and all the software are in that folder.

partyzone
20th June, 2009, 04:32 PM
when i insert sd card into card reader and open it up it opens st8 to c1036 rev9 installer and usb loader v1............
......do they have to be put into a folder and call it apps?
also instaed off the rev 9 can i use the rev 13?
thx m8 will try the apps folder.

have opened a file and called it apps then put the 2 files in all that i get is the eart on bottom left flash until connected and bubbles up screen nothing else????????

Yumraaj
20th June, 2009, 06:34 PM
when i insert sd card into card reader and open it up it opens st8 to c1036 rev9 installer and usb loader v1............
......do they have to be put into a folder and call it apps?
also instaed off the rev 9 can i use the rev 13?
thx m8 will try the apps folder.

have opened a file and called it apps then put the 2 files in all that i get is the eart on bottom left flash until connected and bubbles up screen nothing else????????

Steps:
1. create an apps folder in your SD card.
2. create 2 folders and name it cios36 rev9 or 13 and HD Loader.
3. put the program you want to access via homebrew channel in its own folder. Make sure the file is name as boot.dol otherwise it wont be recognised.

That's it mate.

partyzone
20th June, 2009, 06:39 PM
thx
will give it go as soon as i get near it

Yumraaj
20th June, 2009, 08:08 PM
thx
will give it go as soon as i get near it

No probs mate, any problem just get back us and will be happy to help. This what Digital-Kaos are all about. :hahaha:

partyzone
20th June, 2009, 08:28 PM
heres what i have

apps folder - open up to 2 seperate folders named cIOS36_rev9-Installer for folder 1 (cIOS36_rev9-Installer.dol)
and
USB-Loader_v1 for folder 2 (USB-Loader_v1.dol )
but still nothing?
is it possible u can upload it exactly for me?

thx
daz

Yumraaj
21st June, 2009, 02:58 PM
Just uploaded the files you need bro. Just unzipped it and place it in the root of your SD card. Hope this help you.

partyzone
21st June, 2009, 03:52 PM
thx m8
much appreciated, will try this out if it does nt work will get a new sd card incase that the prob

Yumraaj
21st June, 2009, 04:02 PM
thx m8
much appreciated, will try this out if it does nt work will get a new sd card incase that the prob

Format your SD card before you try it. This should help.

partyzone
21st June, 2009, 04:16 PM
ye looks like its working, yor files where diff too mine even though i downloaded from begiining.

can i just download the games now st8 to hd or do i have to copy from disc?
thx

daz

Yumraaj
21st June, 2009, 04:36 PM
ye looks like its working, yor files where diff too mine even though i downloaded from begiining.

can i just download the games now st8 to hd or do i have to copy from disc?
thx

daz

You need to install WBFS Manager first on your PC, then format your drive as WBFS Format and use WBFS Manager to convert the games you downloaded(.iso) onto your drive then connect your dirve back to your wii and thats it.

partyzone
21st June, 2009, 04:41 PM
tried that yesterday and kept getting errors? will retry it now n get back with error.

thx

Yumraaj
21st June, 2009, 04:57 PM
tried that yesterday and kept getting errors? will retry it now n get back with error.

thx

Please tell me exactly what did you do in details and i'll take it from there...

partyzone
21st June, 2009, 05:04 PM
the drive i am to use (externaal) is drive g:
if i click g than format in wbfs manager 2.0 i get error message......an error occured while trying to format drive.

if i click on load i get
Error Ld1: error occured while loading drive. make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to wbfs format

am i using the right wbfs?

Yumraaj
21st June, 2009, 05:57 PM
the drive i am to use (externaal) is drive g:
if i click g than format in wbfs manager 2.0 i get error message......an error occured while trying to format drive.

if i click on load i get
Error Ld1: error occured while loading drive. make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to wbfs format

am i using the right wbfs?

It look like you are on the right path. choose the drive letter and choose on format, DONT choose load.

partyzone
21st June, 2009, 06:08 PM
tried format on its own first
eg....
drive letter g then format then i get error
can hd be formatted from wii?

Yumraaj
21st June, 2009, 06:21 PM
tried format on its own first
eg....
drive letter g then format then i get error
can hd be formatted from wii?

Yes it can, as long as your wii recognise it. What make is your drive?

partyzone
21st June, 2009, 06:43 PM
its a buffalo 500g

Yumraaj
21st June, 2009, 06:52 PM
its a buffalo 500g

Are you using the whole drive just for wii or is it partitioned? If it is partitioned, make sure the partitions are set as primary.

If it is the whole 500g you plan to use then your wii should have no trouble recognising it. I have given you revision 9 because people on the internet are having problems with other versions.

partyzone
21st June, 2009, 06:58 PM
ye its the whole drive that im going to use boght it just for the wii, stops kids ruining disks when left around thats if i get it going.

i havetried that wbfs a few times now and still geting errors.

I am now formatting it on pc n see what happens.
am i using correct wbfs? (v2)
if this dosnt work is thier special way to format through wii?

thx again for help

Yumraaj
21st June, 2009, 10:12 PM
ye its the whole drive that im going to use boght it just for the wii, stops kids ruining disks when left around thats if i get it going.

i havetried that wbfs a few times now and still geting errors.

I am now formatting it on pc n see what happens.
am i using correct wbfs? (v2)
if this dosnt work is thier special way to format through wii?

thx again for help

No, there isn't any special way to format it on wii. What I would suggest is to format as fat32 first then use either WBFS Manager or your Wii to format it as WBFS.

partyzone
22nd June, 2009, 08:43 AM
Hi
can plug hd into wii and put a disc in and it has copied the first few i have tried and played back without disc no problem.

but when trying to put games on from pc using wbfs manager 2.0 i keep getting error message as if it cant see hd?
When i have plugged the hd back into pc if i go in2 my computer and try clicking on the hd file (for wii) it is asking me to format the hd before i caan use it
where am i going wrong?

thx
daz

Yumraaj
22nd June, 2009, 11:14 AM
Hi
can plug hd into wii and put a disc in and it has copied the first few i have tried and played back without disc no problem.

but when trying to put games on from pc using wbfs manager 2.0 i keep getting error message as if it cant see hd?
When i have plugged the hd back into pc if i go in2 my computer and try clicking on the hd file (for wii) it is asking me to format the hd before i caan use it
where am i going wrong?

thx
daz

Whatever happen please dont format it when it is connected to your PC. It is a different format which windows cant recognise that is why it's asking you to format it. What you can do is try the latest WBFS Manager which is located here:
WBFS Manager - Release: WBFS Manager 3.0 (http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=26808)

If this dont work try this one instead, it's called WBFS Intelligent Gui:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6A64RIWD)

Hopefully this will help you mate

johny48
22nd June, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hi

where am i going wrong?

thx
daz

Hi
sorry to jump in but you say you have copied games to your hd when you load your hd onto your pc via the wbfs and picked and loaded the drive can you see the games. if so and you still get errors loading then i would try reformating with the wbfs programe

i use a buffalow 500 drivestation and have no issues after formating the drive via the wbfs programe dont formate the drive after this with the pc it will always ask but just cancel.
cheers johny48

partyzone
22nd June, 2009, 07:18 PM
thx just got in from work will give try l8r let u know how i do

daz

partyzone
22nd June, 2009, 07:46 PM
yes m8 new version worked a treat copied games to hd now to try it out thx for help

daz

Yumraaj
22nd June, 2009, 09:36 PM
yes m8 new version worked a treat copied games to hd now to try it out thx for help

daz

No worries mate, glad I could help you out.

P.S: Your bill is in the post!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

mm009b
23rd June, 2009, 02:24 AM
cheers for downlods diddydave much appreciated i have one problem i cannot seem to load cios i have tried other ones to it keeps giving me that erroe ret = 1 .im conected to net on wii i have tried 3 different hardrives and formated with wbft what am i doing wrong mate cheers for your time thanks
:rangers

Yumraaj
23rd June, 2009, 06:33 PM
cheers for downlods diddydave much appreciated i have one problem i cannot seem to load cios i have tried other ones to it keeps giving me that erroe ret = 1 .im conected to net on wii i have tried 3 different hardrives and formated with wbft what am i doing wrong mate cheers for your time thanks

Has your wii been softmod in any way?

DiddyDave
23rd June, 2009, 08:01 PM

Ret=1 means not able to see a Ext USB Drive. Try this for size make sure you plug in the ext hd drive in the right hand side if the wii as you look at it from behind. This is required if you have CISO Rev13b installed. The left side is reserved for usb devices such as usb mics

BelgianBun0304
24th June, 2009, 01:04 PM
Hi,
I'm completely new to this - so please some patience...
First of all I'm on Wii 4.0 before I started looking into softmodding - apparently I can't downgrade the system menu version... so I need something that works with Wii 4.0.
I'm interested in playing back-up games from either a Back-up Launcher (Gamma apparently does NOT work with Wii 4.0) or USB Loader (I like the look of WiiCoverFlow).

I'd like to complete the following: How Do I install the Usb loader on the Nintendo Wii 4.0? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090620193831AAiP9oQ)

I've managed to install the Bannerbomb mod to get the HBC... tick.
I then found out that I need to upgrade the cIOS. I've managed to download the cIOS36 Rev 10 as well as the Installer that goes with it. I've put the wad on the SD root, and created a "cIOS Rev 10" folder inside the "app" folder, which contains the Installer program.

When I run this on the Wii, it starts to execute & the screen fills up: patch #1 (or whatever it says - can't remember exactly) - OK, patch #3 - OK, then on patch #5 it errors & I get an error code of "Ret = -1".

Please help... :hmmmm2:

Yumraaj
24th June, 2009, 02:52 PM
Hi,
I'm completely new to this - so please some patience...
First of all I'm on Wii 4.0 before I started looking into softmodding - apparently I can't downgrade the system menu version... so I need something that works with Wii 4.0.
I'm interested in playing back-up games from either a Back-up Launcher (Gamma apparently does NOT work with Wii 4.0) or USB Loader (I like the look of WiiCoverFlow).

I'd like to complete the following: How Do I install the Usb loader on the Nintendo Wii 4.0? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090620193831AAiP9oQ)

I've managed to install the Bannerbomb mod to get the HBC... tick.
I then found out that I need to upgrade the cIOS. I've managed to download the cIOS36 Rev 10 as well as the Installer that goes with it. I've put the wad on the SD root, and created a "cIOS Rev 10" folder inside the "app" folder, which contains the Installer program.

When I run this on the Wii, it starts to execute & the screen fills up: patch #1 (or whatever it says - can't remember exactly) - OK, patch #3 - OK, then on patch #5 it errors & I get an error code of "Ret = -1".

Please help... :hmmmm2:

Ok I think what the problem really is... I think :hmmmm2:

Download this:
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Ret=-1 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/ret-1-759/)

Read the Readme document included. Hopefully it will sort your problem :rock:

nukem52786
27th June, 2009, 05:30 AM
whats the best usb harddrive to use for this and what is the recomended size?

Yumraaj
27th June, 2009, 10:39 AM
whats the best usb harddrive to use for this and what is the recomended size?

elegantly_dying
27th June, 2009, 02:54 PM
i'm guessing this works, thanks dude, been waiting ages for this :D

Xiloa
28th June, 2009, 07:00 PM
I have been getting errors with my USB Loader as well, I will try some of the fixes you have given here then report back.

yamar1
28th June, 2009, 08:15 PM
works well, great work:tee:

stockdam
29th June, 2009, 03:30 PM

error ret = -1)

Try swapping the USB drive to the other USB port in the back of the Wii.

stockdam
29th June, 2009, 03:33 PM
Works fine for me. I'm using a USB stick to try it out.

However I can't get it to work yet as a channel (I've system software 4.0).

yaas
29th June, 2009, 09:33 PM
Hiya,guys!

Ryt, herez a new one for whoever can help.
I have been burning games(that I downloaded) onto discs for the Wii and playing them for the past few months.
To be honest I have been spending quite a bit of money on DVDs and burning takes about 20mins per game.

I have 500GB on my PC and an external HDD of 500GB and my games are saved on both.

I also have a 32GB USB which is great as it should fit about 5 games.
Now herez my dilemma, when I try to copy a game(ISO file) onto my USB, it keeps telling me that there is not enough space on the USB drive.
I know some of you must be thinking that my USB has not actually got that 32GB space, but I have checked its "Properties" & I know it has got the space.Just to be sure, I have filled up my USB with movies and photo files and they fill up the whole USB.

So, why wont the Wii Iso Files save on the USB?:hmmmm2:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Yumraaj
29th June, 2009, 09:43 PM
Hiya,guys!

Ryt, herez a new one for whoever can help.
I have been burning games(that I downloaded) onto discs for the Wii and playing them for the past few months.
To be honest I have been spending quite a bit of money on DVDs and burning takes about 20mins per game.

I have 500GB on my PC and an external HDD of 500GB and my games are saved on both.

I also have a 32GB USB which is great as it should fit about 5 games.
Now herez my dilemma, when I try to copy a game(ISO file) onto my USB, it keeps telling me that there is not enough space on the USB drive.
I know some of you must be thinking that my USB has not actually got that 32GB space, but I have checked its "Properties" & I know it has got the space.Just to be sure, I have filled up my USB with movies and photo files and they fill up the whole USB.

So, why wont the Wii Iso Files save on the USB?:hmmmm2:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If your drive/usb stick is formatted as FAT32, it will never let you put file bigger than 3gb. Only NTFS will allow you to do that.

But if you want to play wii games from your drive you will need to format it as WBFS using WBFS manager, only then your wii will recognise the drive/partition.

Hope that is clear.

yaas
29th June, 2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks,mate!I knew you'd be the one to help.

So if I format my USB stick with this manager, do I just copy the games (ISO files) onto my USB?

Sorry to be a noob!

Thanks,again.

yaas
29th June, 2009, 09:54 PM
is there any good places to download wii games fast.
Hi,mate!
The speed at which you download Wii games depends on 3 distinct aspects:
1.Internet speed
2.The amount of people seeding
3.The amount of people downloading.

The higher the first 2 the better and the last one should be low.

I use Utorrent and I get the games from mywiidownloads website. I subscribed with them, paid with Paypal & then claimed my money back. But my subscription was not cancelled and I got a refund.

Its a great site.

Hope this helps.:driver:

freck
29th June, 2009, 10:05 PM
Get a rapidshare account and download to your hearts content here wii - Game Downloads – Katz (http://games.katz.cd/search/wii)
If using firefox install "downthemall" and "linkification" addons.They make the download process a lot easier....believe me.

Yumraaj
29th June, 2009, 10:42 PM
Just use newsgroups its quicker

yaas
30th June, 2009, 11:30 AM
Hi!I followed this tut to the letter.When I install the USB Loader,it all works 100%, but when I reboot my system and go into HBC, there is no USB Loader.

PLease help!What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

yaas
30th June, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hi,guys!!!

It all works superbly!No more disc wasting!!!!
Yippeeeee!!!

Just 1 question, when I load my USB(32GB), it is not showing the full capacity of the drive.Why is that?

Thanks.

Yumraaj
30th June, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hi,guys!!!

It all works superbly!No more disc wasting!!!!
Yippeeeee!!!

Just 1 question, when I load my USB(32GB), it is not showing the full capacity of the drive.Why is that?

Thanks.

Whatever size drive you buy, it will never be the full capacity because the manufacturer uses some of them.

yaas
30th June, 2009, 04:29 PM
Whatever size drive you buy, it will never be the full capacity because the manufacturer uses some of them.

Duh!I know that!

:sleep:

I have put a 32GB in the Wii with 1 game on it.
Its showing 2GB as used space & 3GB free space.

So, how did a 32GB USB turn up to have only 5GB total space, Sherlock?

nukem52786
2nd July, 2009, 03:55 AM
well i seem to be having a problem with anything and everything i put in the apps folder and use HBC to run. i cant get any version of icos to work or any usb loaders or wad manager at all. it appears in the HBC but when i run them they just give me a black screen.

i have 3.4u and also the newer boot1 patched wii because tried to install bootmii but gave me an error saying "boot1 will not allow a boot2 install" or something like that and said could only install a boot2 ios

but this just started after i used the Ret=-1 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/ret-1-759/) download and followed the instructions to install the cios but got some weird error like -2011 when it came to the last step to install the ios

any thoughts?

nukem52786
2nd July, 2009, 04:41 AM
and i have been reading up on the lu64 and lu65 models and looks like noone has been able to fix this. i have a lu65. anyone else with these models have any luck with installing any ios (besides ios16) and any usb loaders?

Yumraaj
2nd July, 2009, 12:26 PM
well i seem to be having a problem with anything and everything i put in the apps folder and use HBC to run. i cant get any version of icos to work or any usb loaders or wad manager at all. it appears in the HBC but when i run them they just give me a black screen.

i have 3.4u and also the newer boot1 patched wii because tried to install bootmii but gave me an error saying "boot1 will not allow a boot2 install" or something like that and said could only install a boot2 ios

but this just started after i used the Ret=-1 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/ret-1-759/) download and followed the instructions to install the cios but got some weird error like -2011 when it came to the last step to install the ios

any thoughts?

You can't just use "error:ret-1" for your particular problem mate. it's not meant for your problem, by doing that you risk bricking your wii. Be careful. LU64 Fix is out but not LU65. Try this page:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152406

!!!!!!Always read everything first before attempting anything!!!!!!!

yaas
2nd July, 2009, 12:31 PM
You mean this one!!!!!
Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS38_rev13-Installer with wad (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/cios38_rev13-installer-wad-719/)

Please check the download section as most of the stuff are already there.
Hey,Yumraaj!
Is this the one that is supposed to make the singing games work better without any lag?
How do I go about to install it?
Also, whats the difference between USB Loader 1.0 & 1.1?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to get the singing games to work properly for the kids:tee:

Hope you got all the answers.

Yumraaj
2nd July, 2009, 12:40 PM
Hey,Yumraaj!
Is this the one that is supposed to make the singing games work better without any lag?
How do I go about to install it?
Also, whats the difference between USB Loader 1.0 & 1.1?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to get the singing games to work properly for the kids:tee:

Hope you got all the answers.

It should help, because it adds USB device support. Usb loader 1.1 is just the updated version of 1.0 cause people was experiencing problem while launching games, so to on the safe side use 1.1.

To install this you need to place the cios 13 folder inside apps folder inside your SD card and place the wad file in the wad folder also in your SD Card. If you have internet access use network installation if not use wad installation by pressing the right key of the D-pad.

yaas
2nd July, 2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks,mate!

Sorry to be a pain,but can you please direct me to the link for the USB Loader 1.1?

& do I just delete 1.0 & install 1.1?

Thanks.

Yumraaj
2nd July, 2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks,mate!

Sorry to be a pain,but can you please direct me to the link for the USB Loader 1.1?

& do I just delete 1.0 & install 1.1?

Thanks.

I would try this one:
Ultimate V7.4.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m1ztzym1x2j)

After you have downloaded it, unzip it and place the images and wimages folder in the root of your SD card. Open the apps folder you just downloaded and copy the usbloader folder to the apps folder on your SD card. Launch HBC and enjoy. There are loads of functionality like, ocarina, customize the loader itself with your background etc... Please read this page:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147085 to give an idea of what you can do with this particular Loader. Then if you are more adventurous I'll give you another link for an even better loader!!!

Enjoy matey

yaas
2nd July, 2009, 03:38 PM
I would try this one:

After you have downloaded it, unzip it and place the images and wimages folder in the root of your SD card. Open the apps folder you just downloaded and copy the usbloader folder to the apps folder on your SD card. Launch HBC and enjoy. There are loads of functionality like, ocarina, customize the loader itself with your background etc... Please read this page:
USB Loader... my turn ;) - GBAtemp.net (http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147085) to give an idea of what you can do with this particular Loader. Then if you are more adventurous I'll give you another link for an even better loader!!!

Enjoy matey

:congrats:Will definitely try it!
Thanks.

yaas
2nd July, 2009, 04:30 PM
I would try this one:

USB Loader... my turn ;) - GBAtemp.net (http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147085) to give an idea of what you can do with this particular Loader. Then if you are more adventurous I'll give you another link for an even better loader!!!

Enjoy matey

Awesome,mate!

But,do you have this in the shape of a channel I can just install or is it best to just use it through the HBC?

Thanks,again!!!:congrats:

Yumraaj
2nd July, 2009, 05:25 PM
Awesome,mate!

But,do you have this in the shape of a channel I can just install or is it best to just use it through the HBC?

Thanks,again!!!:congrats:

Here you go matey:

yaas
2nd July, 2009, 06:06 PM
I would try this one:

Enjoy matey

Mate!This Loader is awesome!Kids love it!:congrats:

Feeel freee to give me the next one wenever!!!:driver:

yaas
2nd July, 2009, 07:17 PM
Guys!Need to pick your brains.

I am having some problems with some games on my USB.
Most of them work fine apart from a few, such as Moto GP, EA Sports Active & Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.
When I load the game, I keep getting a blue screen with an error message.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

yaas
2nd July, 2009, 07:19 PM
SD/USB Loader v1.4 (364.4 KB)

Hey, Yumraaj!

Is this Loader any good?Whats new about it?

Yumraaj
2nd July, 2009, 10:23 PM
Guys!Need to pick your brains.

I am having some problems with some games on my USB.
Most of them work fine apart from a few, such as Moto GP, EA Sports Active & Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.
When I load the game, I keep getting a blue screen with an error message.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Have you tried to change the boot format. Because some of your games will probably be NTSC, so you need to press the "B" button and change the setting and save it. Hope this fix it.

SD/USB Loader v1.4 (364.4 KB)

Hey, Yumraaj!

Is this Loader any good?Whats new about it?

I'm NOT gona say it not good but try and see for yourself as not everyone's taste is the same.

And yeah try these loader and tell me what you think:
USB Loader GX (Official Theme Database) - Loader (http://wii.spiffy360.com/loader.php) click on the link, save it, rename it boot.dol, stick it in folder and place in apps folder in the SD card.

and

After that try this one also:
wiicoverflow - Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/)
this one is more iphone photo browser.

Enjoy, as again please read what ever it's there to give an insght on how to personalise it to your taste. Have fun.

yaas
2nd July, 2009, 10:40 PM
I will try & change format, but I don't think it'll work coz I always download PAL games.

I will also try the other loaders.:tee:

Thanks,mate!!!:congrats:

rod
3rd July, 2009, 12:29 AM
hi guys ive got the 1.0 usb loader and i would like to install the 1.5, how can i delete the old one to put the new one on the wii menu?
ive got a 8gb sdhc so i can play on it, tks
Ive done it tks

yaas
3rd July, 2009, 04:22 PM
hi guys ive got the 1.0 usb loader and i would like to install the 1.5, how can i delete the old one to put the new one on the wii menu?
ive got a 8gb sdhc so i can play on it, tks
Ive done it tks
You don't have to delete if you are not sure which file it is.
Just put the new 1.5 Loader in a folder into the apps folder & load it on the HBC.

That's it!:driver:

yaas
3rd July, 2009, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=Yumraaj;223054]Have you tried to change the boot format. Because some of your games will probably be NTSC, so you need to press the "B" button and change the setting and save it. Hope this fix it.

Hey,Yumraaj!

I tried this, but still no joy.
Any ideas why?

yaas
3rd July, 2009, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=Yumraaj;222590]I would try this one:

Yumraaj, is there a Channel available for this?

sstewari
3rd July, 2009, 07:27 PM
I have the same problem

sstewari
3rd July, 2009, 07:33 PM
Why cant they make life simple by providing all these hacks as a single installer.

sstewari
3rd July, 2009, 07:35 PM
My USB is WD 160GB. I have created a WBFS partition along with a windows partition. Will that work.

yaas
3rd July, 2009, 07:56 PM
I know wat you mean!
I dont think the problem is the hard drive, but with the game.

Maybe there is something we are not doing ryt!:hmmmm2:

exulter
4th July, 2009, 09:49 AM
haven't tried, but definitely good job done!!!

eduard
4th July, 2009, 01:24 PM
thanks alot.
Now i dont need to go to Homebrew channel

mach1ne
4th July, 2009, 06:53 PM
Now i just need to get this usb loader working!!

yaas
4th July, 2009, 09:32 PM
I have games loading on disc but not on the USB.
Any idea why?:hmmmm2:

undercoverjamil
5th July, 2009, 10:30 AM
i finally got this to work yesterday. I just installed cios38 rev 13b and it is all working fine now.

yaas
5th July, 2009, 11:11 AM
i finally got this to work yesterday. I just installed cios38 rev 13b and it is all working fine now.
What have you got working?
The USB Loader?
Are all your games loading ok?

yaas
5th July, 2009, 04:12 PM
Guys, I had Punch Out working fine on USB Loader 1.0, but its not loading with 1.1.

Any idea why?

Any suggestion?

muckydevil
5th July, 2009, 06:05 PM
is this the best USB Loader or is GX Loader better?

nanuk1999
5th July, 2009, 06:30 PM
I'm Anxious to see the result for myself.

yaas
5th July, 2009, 07:38 PM
is this the best USB Loader or is GX Loader better?
It all depends on what you wanna do!
If you wanna customize & revamp the Wii, then GX is great with that!:vroam:

muckydevil
5th July, 2009, 09:39 PM
Cool I've been trying to use GX loader and the original one neither seems to read my USB drive. Ive even preformated it as the correct format and it still displays no partion found which should mean that the drive has been found but then get an -6 error (with original loader) cant think of anything I'm doing wrong unless its the USB drive (works under windoz)

undercoverjamil
6th July, 2009, 05:31 PM
What have you got working?
The USB Loader?
Are all your games loading ok?

i got the usb loader to work and so far have got two of my games ripped on it, Tiger woods 2010 and virtua tennis 09. Although half the time it crashes when i tell it play my game.

yaas
6th July, 2009, 06:58 PM
i got the usb loader to work and so far have got two of my games ripped on it, Tiger woods 2010 and virtua tennis 09. Although half the time it crashes when i tell it play my game.

Burn them onto disc & they should work great without crashing!
Virtua Tennis is awesome.
Will let you know abt Tiger Woods.

muckydevil
6th July, 2009, 08:44 PM
Well still no luck with my drive but managed to get it working with a USB key.

What USB/HDD drives/Caddies are people using here? Especially UK available ones?

Yumraaj
6th July, 2009, 09:39 PM
Sorry guys for not replying. I have been poorly and still am but its not too bad now. Sorry for letting you guys down. Please tell me now 1 by 1 and I will sort out your problems Sorry once again.

Seasider
6th July, 2009, 09:48 PM
Well still no luck with my drive but managed to get it working with a USB key.

What USB/HDD drives/Caddies are people using here? Especially UK available ones?

I read somewhere, possibly earlier in this thread about avoiding using Seagate Drives, however I'm using a 400 gig Seagate Barracuda and its performimg like a dream !!

I have a feeling that this issue is one of those that a drive that works ok for one persom may be troublesome for another , so basically it is a try it and see

muckydevil
6th July, 2009, 10:06 PM
Yumraaj - no worries, hope you are feeling better

Seasider - what caddy are you using for your Seagate?

I was thinking of going for either a Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB External USB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

or Buffalo DriveStation - 500Gb Serial ATA Buffalo DriveStation - 500Gb Serial ATA Hard Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I think the Western digital seems most popular. Currently I have a Westren Digital 250GB drive in a CNM docking caddy but the Wii does not pick this up ;-( Shame..

blythey99
6th July, 2009, 10:15 PM
looking forward to trying this, just installed homebrew channel today, lets the games begin

Yumraaj
6th July, 2009, 11:28 PM
Yumraaj - no worries, hope you are feeling better

Seasider - what caddy are you using for your Seagate?

I was thinking of going for either a Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB External USB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Essential-500GB-External/dp/B000WP0NM8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246912203&sr=1-8)

or Buffalo DriveStation - 500Gb Serial ATA Buffalo DriveStation - 500Gb Serial ATA Hard Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-DriveStation-500Gb-Serial-External/dp/B000FVVLJS)

I think the Western digital seems most popular. Currently I have a Westren Digital 250GB drive in a CNM docking caddy but the Wii does not pick this up ;-( Shame..

I think it might be caddy that is the problem mate, try changing it or get another drive.

Yumraaj
6th July, 2009, 11:33 PM
I read somewhere, possibly earlier in this thread about avoiding using Seagate Drives, however I'm using a 400 gig Seagate Barracuda and its performimg like a dream !!

I have a feeling that this issue is one of those that a drive that works ok for one persom may be troublesome for another , so basically it is a try it and see

I would still advise people to avoid buying seagate drive just for wii games as it very temperamental. If it is Seagate with another name to it e.g Seagate Barracuda, this might work but I think seagate on its own might not work. At the end of the day it might be your luck as well but as I said try avoiding it if you can.

muckydevil
7th July, 2009, 09:20 AM
I would still advise people to avoid buying seagate drive just for wii games as it very temperamental. If it is Seagate with another name to it e.g Seagate Barracuda, this might work but I think seagate on its own might not work. At the end of the day it might be your luck as well but as I said try avoiding it if you can.

Yep Seagates are bad unless they are the ES ones. I've been running 5 1TB ES ones in my RAID server for a few years with no problems.

Are there any good disk caddies that people can recommend, as I'll have to buy one and prefer not to fork out on a Western Digital My Book when a caddy would do?

:hmmmm2:

yaas
7th July, 2009, 05:01 PM
Hey,Yumraaj!Hope u better,mate!

Just 1 question, I got games working on USB but not on disk & vice versa.

The games that dont work on USB displays a blue screen with "error #002".
Any idea as to why?

Also, Ounch out was working on USB before, but it wont load now. Getting the same error message!

Thanks.

Yumraaj
7th July, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hey,Yumraaj!Hope u better,mate!

Just 1 question, I got games working on USB but not on disk & vice versa.

The games that dont work on USB displays a blue screen with "error #002".
Any idea as to why?

Also, Ounch out was working on USB before, but it wont load now. Getting the same error message!

Thanks.

Hi mate have you tried the latest revision mate? USB Loader GX (Official Theme Database) - Loader (http://wii.spiffy360.com/loader.php) I'm sure in the setting there is an error 002 fix, set it to "ON", hopefully this will sort it.

clearwater
7th July, 2009, 07:06 PM
has your Wii received an update recently?
Which version are you on 4.0?

undercoverjamil
7th July, 2009, 07:21 PM
Burn them onto disc & they should work great without crashing!
Virtua Tennis is awesome.
Will let you know abt Tiger Woods.

i actually got the tiger woods from my uncle and virtua tennis from my dad and all i did was press the + button on my wiimote to rip them onto the usb.

and before i got the games i tried downloading the games and putting them onto discs but they never worked. i always just got a black screen.

yaas
7th July, 2009, 09:28 PM
Hi mate have you tried the latest revision mate? USB Loader GX (Official Theme Database) - Loader (http://wii.spiffy360.com/loader.php) I'm sure in the setting there is an error 002 fix, set it to "ON", hopefully this will sort it.

Mate!You are a genius!:congrats:
IT WORRRKS!!!

Thasnks.:tee:

Yumraaj
7th July, 2009, 10:34 PM
Glad I could help.

yaas
8th July, 2009, 01:56 PM
Guys!I am trying to load games onto an internal Hitachi 80GB Hard Drive, but my PC won't pick up the drive.
When I stick it in my PC, it comes up as new device found but its not visible among the list of Hard Drives and the WBFS wont pick it up either.

I have put the drive in a USB enlosure.

Well, I use this drive in a Eurovox before.

Can someone help,please?

Thanks.

Yumraaj
8th July, 2009, 03:40 PM
Guys!I am trying to load games onto an internal Hitachi 80GB Hard Drive, but my PC won't pick up the drive.
When I stick it in my PC, it comes up as new device found but its not visible among the list of Hard Drives and the WBFS wont pick it up either.

I have put the drive in a USB enlosure.

Well, I use this drive in a Eurovox before.

Can someone help,please?

Thanks.

Right click on my computer and select manage,
Select on disk management, you will see a list of drive connected to PC, if it is black, this means it hasn't been assigned a drive letter yet. Right click on the Black area and choose simple volume and follow the prompt to assign a drive letter and also to format it. Hope this help.