PDA

View Full Version : Edc17cp04 checksum help!!!

gsmfaker
12th June, 2013, 09:13 AM
Hi to all experts (and to noobs also,like me :joyous:) ! Some good soul made a dpf off file 4 my a4 2009, in winols shows 1 checksum needed correction. Ok,i took the file and mildly tuned it (nothing extreme,12%torque limiter,little smoke map). Now winols shows only 10 checksums,original file has 11. So i need someone with the knowledge to corectly checksum the file,as tomorow i have an opportunity to wrtite it in the car . Both ori and modded files are attached.

wiski
12th June, 2013, 09:32 AM
Depend what tool you are using, most tools correct the cheksum itself so you don't need to bother with soft correction. But this is valid only if your tool have checksum for this ecu!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100

gsmfaker
12th June, 2013, 10:02 AM
Yes,of course,file was readed with Mpps clone,so no checksum on write,that's why i want to be sure checksum is ok,thx 4 reply.

Baddog84
12th June, 2013, 11:01 AM
CHKS OK
Pass pm

gsmfaker
12th June, 2013, 11:11 AM
Thank you so much,
Baddog84 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/332637-baddog84/)!!! You may be a bad dog,but the same time good people! Your file shows 9 checksums in winols, vs 11 ori,is this normal? Anyway i will try it tomorow and let you know if it's ok! Thx again!

ecutuners
12th June, 2013, 11:25 AM
If all 11 checksums are not showing in the mod and your using mpps to write there's a big chance you will have problems
Regards

Baddog84
12th June, 2013, 03:04 PM
all 11 chks are ok according to my WinOLS

gsmfaker
12th June, 2013, 03:45 PM
This is what my Winols shows me,in the attachment. But,again,i have little experience and my Winols can be f....ed. Anyways, thx again 4 your time,really,i know rsa calc is time consuming and i apreciated it so much. As i said,i will try your file tomorrow,wish me luck!

gsmfaker
12th June, 2013, 03:49 PM
And this is with 11 checksums for the ori file. But ,i must stress that my install of winols can be bogus.

wiski
12th June, 2013, 04:29 PM
I would think twice to flash this without having boot backup or with no info of what level of tp you have. But hey that's your choice.
Sent from my GT-I9100

Uniqaz
12th June, 2013, 06:30 PM
And this is with 11 checksums for the ori file. But ,i must stress that my install of winols can be bogus.
Cracked 2.24 don't doing CS properly, just delete cs area ;)

ominimicu
12th June, 2013, 07:41 PM
Yes if 1 area of checksum is missing you are sure gonna have problems, that is beacuse Volta deleted 1. not beacuse of winols

gsmfaker
13th June, 2013, 04:46 AM
Cracked 2.24 don't doing CS properly, just delete cs area ;)
HHH!!! :hahaha: Good to know!

gsmfaker
13th June, 2013, 05:38 PM
Ok,sorted,thx to all, turns out that Winols (cracked) f..cks up not only checksums,but maybe part of code. The car didn't start nor with baddog's file (wich is even more messed up that mine, Byteshooter didn't detect no checksum on his,on mine at least detects one), car did'n start with neither of files. But after correction of the checksum from the dpf-off file made with SWIFTEC only(no winols on this one) car started fine, i allready made 150km, and,very surprisingly,it seems to consume less ,maybe 1-2l/100km!!! than it did before.(on dis shows now 5,1%, before 6.5-7!!!!) I know i'l see if all is ok after 500 or 1000km,but...fingers crossed! The whole opperation was time consumming, i know i could have tried to mod the file with Winols and not checksum-it at all and correct with Byteshooter ,but was no time for trial and error. Ecu was readed full with Byteshooter so no worries there. All in all i am very happy, car works ,seems to consume much less,allmost ridiculously less,thx to all again!