PDA

View Full Version : cable vs sat

dannyp
25th May, 2008, 03:11 PM
hi all
i am using a pace nthell at the mo with a funcard
i have a minidish on the house and someone has just given me a old panasonic digibox
set it up and updated box using one of ur tuts,great got some good channels
where can i go from here??? can you play with cards as with cable??
sat seems alot more interesting and fun
all advice wanted and appreciated
dan

Devilfish
25th May, 2008, 04:33 PM
Satellite is more extensive and more indepth than cable. There's a lot more to hacking satellite than cable.

A minidish won't get you much, only free-to-view channels on 28.2e (sky).

You really want at least an 80cm motorized dish or 1.1mtr if you can get it. Packages are not continually hacked like cable has been, they change encryption more frequently so some packages go off and come back on again once they get hacked again. By package I mean that countries service, i.e. UKs package is bSkyb, Germany has Premiere, Italy has Sky Italia, Spain has Digital+, etc. You can find out more info at www.lyngsat.com (http://www.lyngsat.com) or www.kingofsat.net (http://www.kingofsat.net). Some are currently hacked, others aren't. The best packages are on 13.0e, 19.2e, 28.2e, 16.0e, 1w

You can play with cams and cards but I've never dabbled in this area. I've stuck to softcams, i.e. mgcamd, evocamd, cccamd, etc.

dannyp
25th May, 2008, 05:06 PM
anything else to help a newbie will always be appreciated
all the best
thanks
dan

kingk
8th June, 2008, 02:18 AM
i have cable with euroxox 2008. i have been thinking of changing to satelite (motorised dish with patched techomate) but want to know how satelite works. do i get super sports? what if channels go, can you just rescan like the cable boxes, change firmware or key to get it back?

C64
8th June, 2008, 11:57 AM
There are ways and means of getting everything for free but it can get really complicated and is generally not suited for someone just starting out in Satellite.

Using a satellite box is no different from using a cable box but because you are dealing with a multitude of different providers each with their own method of encryption and keys (as opposed to dealing with only one provider with one encryption on a cable box) things can get really complicated really quickly.

1st thing I would do if I were jsut starting off is point my dish at Hotbird and open the Premiere package with an EMU, then work from there.

umgum
12th June, 2008, 09:02 PM
there is a lot of updating with sat some times twice a day to keep a channel clear

witko
18th July, 2008, 08:57 AM
hi whats the best sat and reciever for absolute beginner

krazylegz
18th July, 2008, 10:22 AM
the best receiver for a beginner is the technomate series, 5400usb is the best non high definition receiver or the 6900 for high definition but as you get more clued up on satellite you'll probs want a linux based reciever for further educational things the a dreambox is the daddy of receivers

eurovoxvmax
18th July, 2008, 03:38 PM
I am thinking for getting a sat but would rather start with the best box (considering I am a newbie to SAT) whats complicated with the advance boxes?

Curious123
18th July, 2008, 07:04 PM
I am thinking for getting a sat but would rather start with the best box (considering I am a newbie to SAT) whats complicated with the advance boxes?

Nothing m8 as long as you are pc literate, can do telnet and ftp the rest can be learned with a little bit of patient reading.

witko
19th July, 2008, 10:52 AM
the best receiver for a beginner is the technomate series, 5400usb is the best non high definition receiver or the 6900 for high definition but as you get more clued up on satellite you'll probs want a linux based reciever for further educational things the a dreambox is the daddy of receivers

thanks for reply krazylegs,might get the dreambox as i have cable version 500c what channels are we talking here ,can it pick up the likes of movies ,sports etc,if you catch my drift and what type of dish would i use . any you could recommend ,i think you might as well start off with the best
so down the road there ll be no need changing dishes etc ,ok thanks again

caveman_nige
19th July, 2008, 12:07 PM
you get all those channels mate, sports, movies, ~~~~, uktv, discovery, music etc etc (UK channels) ... a DM can get em..

redhound
8th August, 2008, 11:36 PM
satellite is a lot more involved then cable,updates code changes and more risk with cams exe,cable is a lot slower and lags well behind other broadcasters in encryption terms,its pointless buying say a digitalb sports card if you have a cable connection because it can be watched for hardly any outlay on cable.

.: JaCkPoT :.
9th August, 2008, 01:01 AM
I am very very well knowlenged with satellites but in the next week i will be getting a eurovox. Apparently managing a cable box is a million times easier than a satellite receiver.. Is this true? I know literally everything about technomates and most things about satellite t.v so will this change need a major adaptation? Thanks

redhound
9th August, 2008, 02:16 AM
the eurovox has been around now for a while and is one of the better boxes,the only problem has been keyrolls in the past but this is rare and a fix has always been available quickly.

Specialkey
9th August, 2008, 11:52 AM
Get a 500s and read about using Cccam.

.: JaCkPoT :.
9th August, 2008, 04:03 PM
Get a 500s and read about using Cccam.
i am happy with my current technomate but if i was to upgrade it`ll probably be to a linux based one. so far the technomate is getting me all the arsenal games combined with the effort of sly sports. i see a bright year ahead with a cable receiver coming in the next week.