PDA

View Full Version : keeps saying open tray please help

djjwdubz
31st March, 2009, 09:19 AM
hey there my sister has a xbox 360 and it keeps sayin open tray she is to lazy to send it back 2 xbox lol so i will try fix it with help do you no how to fix it let me no if you can then this site is the best 4 xbox

please download my remix i made 5days ago
2pac ft kc an jo jo thug n u thug n me jwdubz.mp3 (http://www.speedyshare.com/994306739.html)
it has been voted 10/10 its real good its 2pac get it:manutop:

djjwdubz
31st March, 2009, 09:26 AM
my xbox is older then hers and its not flashed but mine is why has this happend and mine has only had 3red lights but i sent it back and thay fixed it i will find out what tray it is when i go down to her house thanks if you help

cunny
31st March, 2009, 06:38 PM
my xbox is older then hers and its not flashed but mine is why has this happend and mine has only had 3red lights but i sent it back and thay fixed it i will find out what tray it is when i go down to her house thanks if you help

How old is the 360, could be a loose sata connection or that the drive is ~~~~ed.

djjwdubz
31st March, 2009, 07:29 PM
she got it last year from littlewoods i think its a 2008 model

cunny
31st March, 2009, 08:08 PM
either send it back or check sata connection but if only 12 months old get it back

djjwdubz
31st March, 2009, 08:15 PM
ok but if you find any good shit on how to fix it post it so then peeps can fix it off this site like it all ready has 3 red lights and video fix then next this site will have open tray fix then it will be the best site ever made 4 xbox thanks

cunny
31st March, 2009, 08:35 PM
its not been flashed and could be under 12 months old, why viod the warrenty. Like i said it could just be a loose sata connection in the drive.

Does it say on the dash 'open tray' then close tray once u press eject?

Or does it just not read a game as could well need the pot fix or a new lazer/drive

.: JaCkPoT :.
31st March, 2009, 11:28 PM
From experience i think the laser is dying..you can do a cheap fix or send it back

ricky_uk1
31st March, 2009, 11:38 PM
ive come accross this a few times and on some occasions a good cleaning of the rom helps

open it up and make sure there are no fibers etc on the rails that the laser runs along

im not saying this is a defo fix but it has worked a few times on boxs ive repaired

djjwdubz
1st April, 2009, 08:53 AM
i will ask her if she wants 2 send it back or let me do it i think it would be better if i do cuz then it would be faster the xbox doin it xbox takes the piss thay allways mess up