PDA

View Full Version : Advice on new setup

JM900
12th June, 2013, 09:46 PM
Hi, decided to move on from a DM800 to the vu+ solo 2. The appeal being able to use the multiple tuners and record simultaneously from different transmissions. Previously had 3 invacom lnbs set up for 13e, 19e and 28.2e all going to a diseqc switch and into the dreambox. Bit of a noob and had a friend set up all this for me with a Triax 88 dish. I'm led to believe the lnbs would have to be replaced as they are single lnbs and have an individual cable for each lnb going to the dreambox. The biggest limitation with the dreambox was the restriction on only recording 1 channel at a time, want to be able to record 1 and watch another, 95% of the time this would be on 28.2e but would be nice to be able to record off 28.2e and say, 19e simulataneously which I think the solo can do. All set to purchase the solo, just wanted advice on lnbs, cables etc. Thanks in advance :)

digicon
12th June, 2013, 10:32 PM
If you want to keep the current setup with 13?,19.2? & 28.2? east and record from any while again waching a channel form any satellite then all you need is 3 x Dual LNBs 1 x 4/1 Diseqc switch and another cable run 3 x from the lnbs to the new diseqc switch and 1 x run back into your house.

This will mean you have all 3 satellites available on both tuners on your Solo2.

Regards