PDA

View Full Version : cross epg epg help please!!!!

coolhas
13th June, 2013, 05:39 PM
hi i have an issue with my vu solo that has been doing my head in no matter what ive tried i cant solve it for the last 6 months so please someone hopefully sort it out an expert maybe lol

right i set up my vu solo form start scan for channels and then download cross epg open tv for 28.2e it works set it up etc no problem then i normally edit my channels via dboxedit mainly remove the adult ones and re upload them to box everything still fine.

hers the problem then after 7 days or so epg disappears again but when i try to download no matter what i do it doesn't do anything it just freezes on reading channels and does not work from there on i have re flashed etc many times with all images but the same issues as above occur can not solve this problem its doing my head in.

any help would be much appreciated

digicon
13th June, 2013, 05:43 PM
What image are you using and do you set Crossepg to download once a night or do it manually every few days

Rodbouy
13th June, 2013, 09:24 PM
ftp in to the cross epg folder and clear out the whole folder. then restart the epg download.

coolhas
13th June, 2013, 10:42 PM
What image are you using and do you set Crossepg to download once a night or do it manually every few days

hi using open pli at the moment but as i said the same issue crops up again and again even when i flash with different firmware

coolhas
13th June, 2013, 10:43 PM
thanks ill try that i normally do it manually every few days

coolhas
14th June, 2013, 11:30 AM
HI guys ive tried everything but nothing works one little info that might help is when the epg hangs on downloading for some reason i also get the service unavalible check tuner configuration message when it returns to the channel i know somethings going wrong but cant figure out what

DOUGALMCD
14th June, 2013, 11:32 AM
Have you set your epg location to your flash?

coolhas
14th June, 2013, 12:02 PM
no its set to my usb flash drive mate

digicon
14th June, 2013, 12:28 PM
If your getting an error on the download i am assuming you are downloading from the OpenTV source through Crossepg for 28.2? east only which pulls the information directly from the EPG Transponder, Have you tried just downloading from Rytec's EPG server instead just for 28.2? east only as it could be a problem not related to the receiver at all and could point somewhere else

coolhas
14th June, 2013, 01:12 PM
hi yes im using open tv not sure how to set the rytec up any info on how to do it mate im not an expert . thanks

digicon
14th June, 2013, 01:20 PM
You would first have to disable the Open TV option in the crossepg menu and in the same menu find the Rytec server update option so that it refreshes the URL data it should find either 28 or 32, after that go to the Rytec option and just enable the 28.2? east one and then download as normal through the Crossepg plugin this time it will get the EPG from the Network server instead of the data transponder

coolhas
14th June, 2013, 01:29 PM
cheers im not getting the 28.2 option im getting the list with the rytec slovenia etc and two uk ones that are rytec uk bbci xmltv and rytec uk xmltv???

coolhas
14th June, 2013, 04:21 PM
any more help lads dying to get this sorted i think it may have something to do with the fact when i re upload an edited channel list

digicon
14th June, 2013, 06:12 PM
cheers im not getting the 28.2 option im getting the list with the rytec slovenia etc and two uk ones that are rytec uk bbci xmltv and rytec uk xmltv???

Use the rytec uk xmltv one only

coolhas
14th June, 2013, 07:26 PM
thank digicon same issue loads up etc but no epg on channels mate

digicon
14th June, 2013, 09:35 PM
Ok try this where ever you are storing the EPG to go to that folder and delete the EPG data re-download via the Rytec server and reboot the box

coolhas
15th June, 2013, 11:53 AM
still nothing i have noticed all the free channels have epg now but nothing on the rest as we were before

Rodbouy
16th June, 2013, 09:39 AM
* Press menu then setup

* Now goto the bottom to crossEPG

* Pull down to upgrade rytec providers

* Now goto Config at top

* Change the storage device to your HDD just push it to right to change path

* Now goto XMLTV Providers

* Push right to skip down to bottom and press green on Rytec UK XML TV then red for back

* Now go in to Open TV Providers, enable the Sky Uk Open Tv 28.2 then red for back

This is my settings on my boxes and mates boxes and it works fine.

Every now and then, population fails and I need to clear the crossepg folder contents completely. The try again and it works.

mr.raw
1st August, 2013, 01:12 PM
I tried what Rodbouy said but i get an error of cannot retrieve sources.?