PDA

View Full Version : Is this the best box to upgrade from a skybox f3?

Kenneth2013
14th June, 2013, 08:14 PM
Hello everyone. I am not very good with this kind of stuff so I hope this forum can help me! I am currently on a skybox f3 with a gift and would like to upgrade my box. My friend suggested this to me, I would like to record a programme while watching something else. Can this box do this? do they work with a gift as well or should I just stick with my f3? Sorry if it is not allowed to be spoken on these forums. will it also work with a communal dish?

cactikid
14th June, 2013, 09:40 PM
basic box for viewing would be a single tuner but as you wish to record then a twin tuner is needed like the solo2 with a gift but as you are on a communal dish the box is going to need 2 sat cables,other thing is sly in the near future may stop these boxes working on 28.2 but you will get freesat,others with a motorised dish can move it to view other sats but yours is on a fixed position,nobody knows when or how it will come.

digicon
14th June, 2013, 09:41 PM
If you have 2 feeds coming from your communal dish then a Duo will work as required and yes your so called Gift will work in it too if transferred

casuk
16th June, 2013, 10:42 PM
I like my vu solo (wish I got a twin tuner) it is a lot beter than the sky f3 for me and the epg is a full week with auto timers ect

cactikid
16th June, 2013, 11:18 PM
and when digicon mentioned a duo he forgot a vital piece of info an original one not a clone as there is a bigdiference

digicon
17th June, 2013, 12:22 AM
To be hosnest with you the TM-2T OE is probably a better buy as it is basically a Duo but with added extra Nandflash but minus you cant use Blackhole on there