PDA

View Full Version : Starview 2

paulbuck
31st March, 2009, 10:57 PM
Hi all
Have loaded all latest firmware previously , but over last few nights have lost prem , sports and couple more movie channels , done a re-scan but all that is showing on screen is data update and stuck at 0% for almost 2 hours , any ideas out there , many thanks

Shinzon
31st March, 2009, 11:12 PM
Starview is finished. The channels are being moved from Nagravision 1 which is the current encryption to Nagravision with the goal of then moving to Nagravision 3. Kryptview box is still working because thsi can break Nagra 2 but there is notthing able to break N3. Maybe in the future but it's going to take some time. Read the other threads there are loads about this.

paulbuck
31st March, 2009, 11:18 PM
starview 2 is the same as the box is it not or am i barking up the wrong tree !!!!!

wilf
31st March, 2009, 11:29 PM
starview the box is starview 2 yes

camelv
1st April, 2009, 01:48 AM
starview and e/vox are not working in ireland but are ok in the uk up to now.

camelv
1st April, 2009, 01:50 AM
Hi all
Have loaded all latest firmware previously , but over last few nights have lost prem , sports and couple more movie channels , done a re-scan but all that is showing on screen is data update and stuck at 0% for almost 2 hours , any ideas out there , many thanks

if you are in the uk m8 try fac reset and rescan remembering to set default and set emu to on.

ste6106
1st April, 2009, 08:31 AM
if you are in the uk m8 try fac reset and rescan remembering to set default and set emu to on.

he's feet, lost a few channels reset and rescanned. Everything fine

jckw
6th May, 2009, 08:25 PM
hi all flashed my original starview 2 the box with latest 4.57 firmware flashed ok then went to scan on telewest and its picking no channels up any help please emu is turned on signal is fine set default key and still nothing its doin my head in now any help please

gmb45
6th May, 2009, 08:30 PM
hi all flashed my original starview 2 the box with latest 4.57 firmware flashed ok then went to scan on telewest and its picking no channels up any help please emu is turned on signal is fine set default key and still nothing its doin my head in now any help please this might be a daft question but have u got the right symbol rate 6.887 or 6.952 ?

jckw
6th May, 2009, 08:32 PM
this might be a daft question but have u got the right symbol rate 6.887 or 6.952 ?yes m8 im in liverpool and have starview and eurovox and dreambox its got me foo ked of ive got a headache with it

young
6th May, 2009, 08:40 PM
if you know any1 with a sv 2 take a cdf off that 1 and put it on yours ..you could do it the box to box transfer way

jckw
6th May, 2009, 08:45 PM
if you know any1 with a sv 2 take a cdf off that 1 and put it on yours ..you could do it the box to box transfer wayhiya m8 i have another sv but its a clone it seems that its not picking a signal up but i did replace the psu but it even had the old 8.02e on it first and still wouldnt find any channels i got it on my main feed but i dont know what else to try am getting all menus and scanning settings but nothing

young
6th May, 2009, 08:52 PM
onli thing i can think is tuner issue check all fittings on it make sure it isnt loose in anyway

wilf
6th May, 2009, 08:59 PM
hiya m8 i have another sv but its a clone it seems that its not picking a signal up but i did replace the psu but it even had the old 8.02e on it first and still wouldnt find any channels i got it on my main feed but i dont know what else to try am getting all menus and scanning settings but nothing

i may be reading this wrong but was the 8.02 firmware not for the sv3

jckw
6th May, 2009, 09:12 PM
i may be reading this wrong but was the 8.02 firmware not for the sv3
no its defo a sv 2 and it worked since november with 8.02 since but when the psu failed i replaced it and now nothing on any firmware any ideas pleeeeeeeease sorry when i scan its not picking up any channels or transponders

wilf
6th May, 2009, 09:53 PM
no its defo a sv 2 and it worked since november with 8.02 since but when the psu failed i replaced it and now nothing on any firmware any ideas pleeeeeeeease sorry when i scan its not picking up any channels or transponders

sorry m8 it appears you were right bout the 802, i just had a look round and found this info. IF YOU HAVE V4.51 ON IT YOU FIRST NEED TO FLASH THE V4.54 ON
THEN THE LOGO FILE WHICH HAS TO BE TICKED WHEN LOADING AS BACKGROUND FILE
THEN THE NEW 802 FILE AND IT WILL WORK.

young
6th May, 2009, 10:11 PM
they brought out 8.02 as a temp fix and then reverted back to 4.57 .8.02 you had to load the logo file. then 8.02 if my mind serves me right i would still say ask some one for a cdf of there working box and upload to yours and if you get the channels you know its not the tuner

sorry should have read the next page first doh

jckw
6th May, 2009, 10:14 PM
sorry m8 it appears you were right bout the 802, i just had a look round and found this info. IF YOU HAVE V4.51 ON IT YOU FIRST NEED TO FLASH THE V4.54 ON
THEN THE LOGO FILE WHICH HAS TO BE TICKED WHEN LOADING AS BACKGROUND FILE
THEN THE NEW 802 FILE AND IT WILL WORK.hiya wilf thanks for the help so if i have 4.57 on it now do i need to reflash with 451 then 454 with logo file tickedthen 802 thanks m8 i wonder y the 4.57 loads fine then when i come to scan it wont pick up anything????????????

wilf
7th May, 2009, 11:43 AM
dont think so, as true red says it was overwritten by the 4.57 firmware so that you didnt have to put on the logo file. the 4.57 should be an all in 1 firmware, i got rid of my the box in november so i'm not up on the new firmwares it was just that you said 8.02 and i knew the sv3 has a 8.02e firmware i was unsure as to which box you had.

jckw
7th May, 2009, 01:00 PM
dont think so, as true red says it was overwritten by the 4.57 firmware so that you didnt have to put on the logo file. the 4.57 should be an all in 1 firmware, i got rid of my the box in november so i'm not up on the new firmwares it was just that you said 8.02 and i knew the sv3 has a 8.02e firmware i was unsure as to which box you had.thanks m8 i rescanned with 802 still nothing now im putting 4.57 back on i may have to wait for satsmo to come on hes clued up thanks again m8