PDA

View Full Version : vu is not workin

casuk
16th June, 2013, 10:21 PM
help please iv tried to restore to an early point and when I did it came up reflashing solo please wait and the power cut out while that was up and when I powerd back on theres a green light on box but nothing comes on cant even see it in my input on tv

casuk
17th June, 2013, 12:17 AM
just tried to reflash with usb and nothing is happening it just stays on green light iv created the folders and copyd the files into folder powerd of put usb in and its just the same is the box bricked or sumthing

digicon
17th June, 2013, 12:18 AM
As long as you have power you should be OK to re-flash the box again from Scratch as you did before, Worst case scenario is the powercut may have damaged the nandflash where the image is stored when flashed if that has happened the box is goosed.

But first try flashing Via USB and if that does not work then maybe try using Null modem cable and the official software

casuk
17th June, 2013, 12:28 AM
no nothing is coming up on screen and cant see it in my input on tv its just the same as before, i power the box down insert usb turn on and led is red for a 10th of a second then green and stays that way power botton on remote does nothing either its just staying green led it wont reflash

digicon
17th June, 2013, 12:32 AM
no nothing is coming up on screen and cant see it in my input on tv its just the same as before, i power the box down insert usb turn on and led is red for a 10th of a second then green and stays that way power botton on remote does nothing either its just staying green led it wont reflash

It looks like you may have to try and flash this Via the RS232 port on the back of the box with a Null modem Lead

casuk
17th June, 2013, 12:34 AM
how do I do that then im still learning this stuff

digicon
17th June, 2013, 12:47 AM
how do I do that then im still learning this stuff

Official firmware can be found here: Archive of Vu+ (http://archive.vuplus.com/image/2012/7.0/) you want the Vu Solo .nfi file

The RS232 Program can be found here: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f191/flash-tool-vu-util_v2-0-1-a-217163/

casuk
17th June, 2013, 12:55 AM
got the tool what image do I use is it he top 1 vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328.nfi (http://archive.vuplus.com/image/2012/7.0/vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328.nfi)

digicon
17th June, 2013, 01:03 AM
got the tool what image do I use is it he top 1 vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328.nfi (http://archive.vuplus.com/image/2012/7.0/vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328.nfi)

No as i stated the one that says Vu Solo the one you quoted is for the Duo (bm-750)

casuk
17th June, 2013, 01:18 AM
thanks its downloading just now whats next after that

digicon
17th June, 2013, 01:30 AM
thanks its downloading just now whats next after that

A quick search brought up this guide in a post here for the Clones but is identical for originals download the guide on how to update via RS232: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/vu-duo-clone-problem-keeps-getting-stuck-starting-also-getting-green-screen-283393/index3.html#post1642559

casuk
17th June, 2013, 01:39 AM
thanks for the help ill get stuck in to it in the morning

casuk
17th June, 2013, 09:48 AM
I orderd a null cable there but the port on my laptop is pin in not pin out (female) and the port on stb is pin out (male) what now

reaper101
17th June, 2013, 12:29 PM
you should really use a destop pc with the RS232 port
with a laptop you will need a usb to RS232 convertor but ive never had much luck this way

casuk
18th June, 2013, 10:42 AM
I ordered a serial cable and an adaptor for the vga cable so it fits I guess that should work I will get another stb how good are the vu duo and what is the difference between clone or gen outher than price

digicon
18th June, 2013, 11:07 AM
If you have a PCMCIA port on your laptop you can also use one of these: PCMCIA to RS-232 RS232 Serial DB9 CardBus Adaptor Card | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PCMCIA-to-RS-232-RS232-Serial-DB9-CardBus-Adaptor-Card-/260524125648?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Netwo rking&hash=item3ca872add0) which will give you a 'Proper' com port

casuk
18th June, 2013, 01:22 PM
iv no got that on the laptop and no access to a pc

casuk
18th June, 2013, 01:49 PM
do you know if there is a repair service for these boxes or a way to replace parts ie flash memory

digicon
18th June, 2013, 02:43 PM
do you know if there is a repair service for these boxes or a way to replace parts ie flash memory

No idea about a repair service but i would imagine to replace the nandflash would be to replace the whole board

casuk
18th June, 2013, 03:54 PM
that's what im thinking myself I think ill just get a new 1 a duo prob whats the difference between clone and gen

digicon
18th June, 2013, 04:37 PM
that's what im thinking myself I think ill just get a new 1 a duo prob whats the difference between clone and gen

Warranty and not sub standard parts as seen on some of the clones, Nothing against clones personally as i have had the Clone Duo and Solo and they worked no problems.

With a Genuine you are getting peace of mind that if it cocks up you can return it for a replacement.

casuk
18th June, 2013, 04:55 PM
the same reason I got a solo gen ill get the duo if cant get this working how good are they what would you recommend

digicon
18th June, 2013, 08:26 PM
the same reason I got a solo gen ill get the duo if cant get this working how good are they what would you recommend

Depends what your looking for in a receiver single tuner or twin and do you want to be able to use Blackhole images

casuk
19th June, 2013, 01:40 AM
I had vix on the solo thought it was ok i never used any other image or stb id like the twin tuner and since I had/have the vu solo id just get the vu duo but iv saw there are a few different makes of stb spider,dream,gigablue ect I take it they ll do the same but vary in price im basicly wwanting the best I can get for as little as possible as I just bought for a solo less than 2 month ago and I think its broke

digicon
19th June, 2013, 10:16 AM
For a Broadcom Mispel based machine then the cheapest twin tuner is something like the Venton Unibox HD2 which is a twin tuner and runs the same chipset as what is in the Vu Uno with a Dual core processor retails at ?209 and has support from the OE-Alliance with a few different images available including Vix, The other one is the Technomate TM-2t-OE again twin tuner but runs the same chipset as the Vu Duo but has more nandflash than the duo so more room for plugins the venton has around 512mb nandflash as well so plent on either the TM retails at ?219

If your looking for a Single tuner the the TM-Nano is the cheapest around @ ?129 and again runs the Vu Duo chipset and dual core processor, you mentioned the Gigablue they also do a rande of single tuners but are more expensive and not as fast as the TM apart from the Gigablue Quad which is basically a Vu Solo2 with space for another tuner and that can be had for ?269

Regards

casuk
19th June, 2013, 10:48 AM
iv been told to go for the Technomate TM-2t-OE or the vu duo I do like the look of the duo compared to the tm-2t, so its basicly just the flash that's beter in the tm and the price? is the vu beter build quality, easy to use, install images. updates, plugins ect compared to the tm or is it the same just more flash

digicon
19th June, 2013, 11:12 AM
I cant comment on the TM-2T build quality but i do have a TM-Twin which again is basically a Duo and that was fine no problems, the reason you would go for an Original Duo is also due to the fact that you can use the Blackhole and Blackpole images which are not available on any other machine apart from the VU+ series and thats about it

casuk
19th June, 2013, 11:57 AM
id like the option to try other images as iv only used vix and like the way it was set up I think ill just go for the duo original piece of mind and that