PDA

View Full Version : I-Plate 'may help solve broadband problems

Tommy
1st April, 2009, 10:34 PM
I-Plate 'may help solve broadband problems'

A gadget developed by BT may help solve the problems faced by some households that cannot receive high broadband speeds, it has been suggested.

The Telegraph discussed the potential of the I-Plate, which is designed to filter out electrical interference - caused by other appliances such as TVs - that causes connection performance to decrease.

BT Wholesale made it available to consumers last October but this weekend saw the newspaper report on how much the device may assist the Digital Britain project in making all homes in the country able to receive speeds of two megabits per second.

A spokesperson for the company was quoted: "We think that the I-Plate can certainly play a part in delivering higher broadband speeds to people suffering poor performance."

Cameron Rejali is managing director of products and services at BT Wholesale and previously noted how most consumers are probably unaware that various electrical devices can interfere with broadband connections.

He added that the I-Plate "can" help to solve this problem as well as extending the reach of a service by about ten decibels.

The product was recently suggested by the Times as a possible way to improve speed, as was running tests at different times of the day and ensuring phones have microfiber filters fitted.

Also recommended by the newspaper was turning off other electrical equipment and checking whether the service provider has a more up to date system available.

Tommy