PDA

View Full Version : NTL Ireland rolls out Nagra 3 encryption

Tommy
1st April, 2009, 10:46 PM
NTL Ireland rolls out Nagra 3 encryption

Rumours suggest that NTL Ireland is in the process of rolling out Nagra 3, a more secure encryption system that is likely to have a big impact on cable piracy.

Over the past two weeks a number of channels have moved over to what appears to be Nagra 3 encryption, with the following channels apparently affected:

Adult channel
Playboy
TVX
The Box
Zee TV
Chelsea FC
Celtic FC
Liverpool FC
MUTV
Setanta Sports 1 & 2
Setanta golf
Racing UK
ESPN America
God Channel

The move should especially protect NTL Ireland against cable piracy, as at present Nagravision?s N3 encryption is believed to be secure.

Already enjoying wide use already within Europe, especially in satellite broadcasts, Nagra 3 encryption is likely to impact anyone in Ireland currently accessing paid for cable content via boxes such as the Eurovox, Starview, Kryptview, and other modified cable boxes.

There has been no official announcement from UPC, which owns the service.

It also remains to be seen whether Virgin Media are also planning to move to N3 encryption in the UK.

While Virgin Media has been rumoured to be considering a move to the Nagra 3 encryption, there has been no official comment on the possibility of such a move, and a press spokesperson for Virgin Media was unable to provide any details.

Tommy

billy2
1st April, 2009, 11:17 PM
also movies an sports are all gone

deco72
2nd April, 2009, 12:29 AM
yeah lots of the movies are gone and also the ones gone as said above. will this mean the box will eventually stop working completely? or hopefully someone will crack this

alunfennell
2nd April, 2009, 01:55 AM
Like what has been posted in the satellite section (N3 is secure) it had not been opened in over 18 months, if it is opened we will not see it untill all providers have changed over & using N3 (This includes America, Europe, & parts of Asia) so we could be in for a long wait, expect to be waiting untill 2010-2011 for it to be opened in some fashon, with N3 each provider has a different rom to the next provider making it harder to crack. For example NTL in Ireland will have different coded Rom than NTL & Telewest in the UK.

On the plus side Cable because its on a closed network & if you pay for the basic channels there is always a way of opening all of the channels with the right firmware or chipping the box this could be possable in the future.

Enjoy your blank screen
Remember were all in the same boat & many countrys are faceing the same faith
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/7055/syncsup.jpg
Ooooh you get use to it after a while this lost on Sky One you can make out the images every so often ! at least the sound is good....

Regards
Alun

robd
4th April, 2009, 01:17 PM
Other threads have said NTL Ireland have moved to Nagra 2 rather than Nagra 3, although it is possibly temporary. Has Nagra 2 been cracked open yet? If so what's needed, evocamd or newcamd or something else?

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th April, 2009, 01:58 PM
Nagra 2 has been cracked for years..
Its Nagra3 which ntl has gone to..

1184jap
4th April, 2009, 06:10 PM
NTL Ireland are now using Nagra 2.They will use 3 in the future. The Kryptoview box still works in Ireland because it can decode Nagra 2.

red devil
4th April, 2009, 07:42 PM
NTL Ireland are now using Nagra 2.They will use 3 in the future. The Kryptoview box still works in Ireland because it can decode Nagra 2.

they are usin nag3 right now m8
only a matter of time before all tv's have black screens
if we are lucky ppl on mmds might get christmas

jayrayjohnson
4th April, 2009, 07:59 PM
how can it be foxed

jimmybelfast
4th April, 2009, 08:10 PM
its only a matter of time and it will be cracked...

tommykster
4th April, 2009, 08:51 PM
Apparently there are some '-----hats' trying to crack it already.

In the meantime I have gotten a serial 232 modem, is it any benefit to me to download firmware - PS I have Eurovox 1000SL and the Superbox.

murph the bulldog
4th April, 2009, 09:07 PM
still have all the chanells

cactikid
4th April, 2009, 09:28 PM
still have all the chanells
u will only have all the channels if ur in uk or c****s mmds as n*l irl have moved to n2 with streaming n3 and only box working 100% is the krypt and when moved to n3 only box to work
:coffin::coffin:

1184jap
4th April, 2009, 09:34 PM
@ Red Devil
At the moment I can watch S*y sports and Movies on my Kryptaview box. But my dreambox is not working. So what encryption version are they using. I heard that the Kryptview box could only decode Nag 2 and not Nag3 and Dreambox could only decode Nag 1.

cactikid
4th April, 2009, 09:51 PM
they work on n1 and n2 should have added for kryptview only,if they stop streaming 1 on said channels and move to n2 they no longer work for most boxes but krypt has the fix added so it will work,i am told streaming n3 probably for test purpose/not changed
anything yet

smirnoff_rules
4th April, 2009, 09:55 PM
they work on n1 and n2

is it just parts of Europe they dont then on n2 ?

1184jap
5th April, 2009, 12:08 AM
Is there a fix for Nagra 2 on Dreambox 7025.

cactikid
5th April, 2009, 01:56 PM
everybox out there looking for a fix for everybox,from cheap ones to dear ones,and only one fixed and working lol make u wonder about next box u buy.
dont know about outside irl sorry

hajjboy
5th April, 2009, 02:28 PM
people are working on negra 3 hope it works :)

Krypton
5th April, 2009, 02:39 PM
people are working on negra 3 hope it works :)
not for a long time mate.

hajjboy
5th April, 2009, 02:41 PM
why u say that

Krypton
5th April, 2009, 02:44 PM
Nag 3 has been around for ages. It hasnt been cracked.
Its not likely to be any time soon either. don't believe otherwise. For those affected in Eire, its over. you had a good run, but all good things must come to an end.
It will come to UK too maybe not today, maybe not in a year, but it or some other encryption method will come.

wmccull
17th August, 2009, 04:50 PM
has anyone heard any news or updates on the possibilities of this being done , i hear its in terting but im looking at CS for this.

cactikid
17th August, 2009, 10:27 PM
n3 channels have been confirmed,sports movies,adult in irl.

alunfennell
17th August, 2009, 11:50 PM
has anyone heard any news or updates on the possibilities of this being done , i hear its in terting but im looking at CS for this.

CS on cable just does not work, Its called sharing for a simple reason you should have something to share in return !

If everyone is relying on a few to share there subscriptions with thousands that don't the service will be so poor it will not be worth watching !

Many will have to consider a Subscription or become satellite users where you can share many different packages from all across Europe ...

But unfortunatly once N3 kicks in on Cable C/S without a card in your box its virtually usless especially when many thousands of you dont even have a card between you to share....................

Those that do pay for there Cable service are unlikely to share with many that don't have anything to share in return....

Regards:
Alun

jerry9032
21st August, 2009, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know if c****s have changed to nagra 3? alot of channels missing with 2-3 days

cactikid
21st August, 2009, 08:38 PM
have you factory reset 0000 to delete and rescan to see if frequency changed.

mtv1
21st August, 2009, 08:39 PM
Does anyone know if c****s have changed to nagra 3? alot of channels missing with 2-3 days

no m8 all good here what part of the country are you

billyb33r
26th August, 2009, 02:57 PM
Nag 3 has been around for ages. It hasnt been cracked.
Its not likely to be any time soon either. don't believe otherwise. For those affected in Eire, its over. you had a good run, but all good things must come to an end.
It will come to UK too maybe not today, maybe not in a year, but it or some other encryption method will come.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic and your reasoning isn't that valid, yes Nagra v3 has been around for a while but there has been no real need to crack it as it wasn't being implemented. When it gets rolled out in the mainstream it won't be long before its cracked.

Considering providers will have to upgrade hardware to a pretty high standard in order to implement very strong and secure encryption/security methods means they won't, management never side with security over cost.

The challenge to crack Nagra 3 is starting, as soon as it's rolled out in other places the challenge to crack it will be set.