PDA

View Full Version : just think i have been ripped with a vu+clone.. please help

youngie1
22nd June, 2013, 08:26 PM
just think i have been ripped with a vu+clone.. please help.... the box keeps crashing carnt get iptv or the chipset says bcm7325 version 3.0 build 683 kenrnel 3.1.1.. when turn on box it say vix.... can anyone help me out here so i can get vod and iptv on this box... what is the best software for this model thank you all lee

digicon
22nd June, 2013, 09:01 PM
How do you know exactly that its a Clone does it have any stickers on it anywhere saying V2.0 or V3.0 or even 'download image from ...' on the front.

You running one of the later builds i cant answer for the IPTV but the Ondemand Plugin works fine on Vix

youngie1
22nd June, 2013, 09:12 PM
it has a sticker on the front of the box saying don't download software apart from www.vusoldhd..... but i am getting no audio as well on all channels.. the box keeps crashing all the time openvix i have read somewhere about vix4.1 somewhere do i need to flash that via USB or not... thank you for your reply cheers lee

cactikid
22nd June, 2013, 09:41 PM
maybe try the audio button and select another stream?

youngie1
22nd June, 2013, 09:53 PM
thanks mate tryed it with no look what is the plugins for the clone boxes icefilms is that the best for movies or something diffrent cheers lee and how do enter ccams in this box cheers lee

youngie1
23rd June, 2013, 12:06 AM
i dont know if mine is a clone.. i carnt tell but the box say openvix image information virtuosso image extreme by team vix support at vuplus-support.co.uk model vu+solo chipset bcm7325 cpu bcm7325bo cores 1 version 3.0 build 683 kernel 3.1.1 drivers 2013-05-06 last update 2013-06-17

DOUGALMCD
23rd June, 2013, 11:24 AM
If it has a sticker on box then it's a clone.

lombard
23rd June, 2013, 11:32 AM
also using IPTV and the Movie streaming plugins , they are bugger, i have genuine and they crash alot, i been using TSmedia which does work but it does crash, the ondemand from vix 3.0 is great though runs very well without any issues

youngie1
23rd June, 2013, 12:13 PM
thank you all so can i not upgrade my box with new and better images cheers lee because my box keeps freezing

DOUGALMCD
23rd June, 2013, 01:00 PM
Your box must be v3 and has vix latest image on. So did you add stuff? Is your internet connection ok? Is your dish aligned properly and giving a good signal? Are your cable connections ok?

youngie1
23rd June, 2013, 03:13 PM
thanks mate yes i am on 28 sat good signal.... what plugins do i need mate for the best vod and iptv mate 1 ccam info 2 1channels with nothing on them 3bbc iplayer 4crossepg downloader 5 dreammediathek 6 et 6livestream 7 iptv list 8updter v0.90 9itv player 0 icefilm preview livefootball movie browser netcaster ondemand rte player

lombard
23rd June, 2013, 06:15 PM
Hi, if its v 3 you can update it to 3.2 v and it will take any genuine image, i myself got another version of vu solo clone, which doesnt have any sticker on it, but it takes any genuine image , i been using the very latest vix 3.0 build for months now always updating it, runs great no issues at all, i just have ondemand which is vix feature for bbc iplayer etc, also use TSmedia which i find can be broken when trying different links, sometimes it just hangs, but it aint box or image issue just plugin issue, i notice if i keep the power button held on remote for 15 seconds it restarts the box, saving unplugging power from mains

i find the Vu Solo better then the DM800HD Pro , it uses latest images and its got more flash memory and its cheaper :)

youngie1
24th June, 2013, 10:57 AM
ok my box keeps rebooting all the time doing my head in... how do i update the box upto 3.2 v and then what is the best image to keep the box stable.. and so i can play movies on demand with crashing and rebooting my box. witch is the best mod server. cheers lee

mdt
24th June, 2013, 04:07 PM
try Blackhole 1.7.2... its an older image but is stable. you seem to be running alot of plugins.streaming services no wonder your box is crashing! at the end of the day its a satellite reciever first and formost and not a media center,regards mdt

youngie1
24th June, 2013, 05:03 PM
ok mate will this image work on a clone version 3.0 mate... or do i need to do a diffrent update cheers lee

MickSmart
24th June, 2013, 05:23 PM
I would do as mdt suggested start from scratch wipe the box and put blackhole 1.7.2 on, then do a fresh scan or upload a channel list and see if everything is fine, I would then check your config settings and get what ever cam your using set up and stable.

Once your all done and everything is fine and your box is not freezing set up your on demand vod what ever and whats what at least you know where you stand then with your plugins.

Once step at a time one plug in at a time and then you know where you stand if your box becomes unstable.

youngie1
25th June, 2013, 09:32 AM
thanks mate i have v3 under the box so i belive i can put an image on the box now would that be correct or not...and if so witch image would be the best for me so i can play movies on demand so they dont keep crashing all the time cheers lee

youngie1
25th June, 2013, 03:47 PM
ok all i have just found out my box is ferri clone 3.0..... there is talk about updating it to 3.2 is this correct and also using rs232 with window xp witch i do not have.. so how can i update the box without windows xp.. any help would be great cheers lee