PDA

View Full Version : SAGEM DBOX - help!

ds1210
26th May, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hi Guys,
I bought a sagem dbox2 from ebay over 1 year ago.
all i got was the box, remote, scart lead and power lead

i connected it up to my tv... its started working and we got all the channels..

1-2 months back all the channels were still there but no picture.. i went on the net as you do and see if i was the only one.. but everyones boxes went off.

since then i am not good with these things.. i just took it off and left it..

i have just decided to give it a go.. see if i can do it..

when i switch on the box on the LCD it says:

comes up with lots of letters and numbers.

then

StarTrek
Loading Kernal

then
Neutrino NG
Phenix One (is this a channel name?)

i don't have any cds or anything can anyone help?
would need step by step and screen shots...

i am very bad at these things! i can't believe i am trying this... i have read loads of posts.. images? etc don't make any sense...

anyone got any time for a complete 1st timer.. ??? would appreciate it... sick of the boring analogue tv!

Regards
Adam

Devilfish
26th May, 2008, 04:33 PM
Sounds like you need new auto update files. The cable company sends out keys along with all the channels, you need these keys to view the premium channels. A program runs on the box to grab the keys from the stream and it uses them to show you the channels. The method of grabbing the keys changed on 8th April so you will need new files to make it work again.

You will need to connect your dbox to your PC in order to transfer the files to the box. You will need a crossover ethernet cable (?3 from ebay) to connect the dbox to your PC.

You will get the files you require here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1496

And there's a guide for connecting the dbox to your PC here...

http://www.dreamboxtips.com/how-to-connect-your-dreambox-to-your-pc/

It's for a dreambox but it's exactly the same for a dbox2.

Good Luck

ds1210
26th May, 2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks! i will give it a go....

<--ds1210 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...-->

do i have the latest software etc?

father ted
26th May, 2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks! i will give it a go....

<--ds1210 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...-->

do i have the latest software etc?

the image you have on may be ok ,its just you mite need teh latest files ,but as devilfish say`s youll need to link it up to your computer

ds1210
26th May, 2008, 07:54 PM
i can't download the FlashFXP file.. it says i don't have permission?

how do i get permission?

<--ds1210 added 161 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...-->

Hi Guys,
after the last 3-4 hours trying i have managed to connect my computer to the D-Box via FTP!

RESULT!

i have then clicked on the keys and deleted everything in that folder and replaced with the Keys file that the Devil uploaded on another post (followed the link)

i have now rebooted the system... connected everything up and i get all the freeview channels but non of the sky movies etc...

what have i done wrong? do i need another key???????? are my settings wrong?

guys Help! stuck again!

Adam

Devilfish
26th May, 2008, 08:09 PM
Are you using evocamd?

Check the BLUE button menu, there should be an option for EMU Selection or similar.

Go to Sky sports 1 and restart the emu if you can via the blue button. Then flick to sky sports 2, wait a minute then flick back to sky sports 1. If it doesn't come on after 1 minute then reboot the box again. You must use evocamd or mgcamd but I would suggest evocamd.

ds1210
28th May, 2008, 01:46 AM
Hi Guys,
i am running evocamd.

it now gets stuck... on the channel no pictures or it flickers alot... i have tried the restarting on the evocamd lots of times.. i even tried newcamd and mg... no result.

when i did a service scan it comes up with 188 channels

don't know what to do now? any ideas?

father ted
28th May, 2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Guys,
i am running evocamd.

it now gets stuck... on the channel no pictures or it flickers alot... i have tried the restarting on the evocamd lots of times.. i even tried newcamd and mg... no result.

when i did a service scan it comes up with 188 channels

don't know what to do now? any ideas?

try changing the ucode

ds1210
28th May, 2008, 11:21 AM
How do i change UCODES? and what shall i change to?

gizmo.1484
28th May, 2008, 12:44 PM
How do i change UCODES? and what shall i change to?

To change the ucodes press blue button go in to settings then go to ucodes selection, go to ucode 001a and press ok then restart your dbox. If this does not work try one of the other ucodes.

ds1210
28th May, 2008, 03:02 PM
Hi,
tried all the ucodes.. no luck...

i also checked signal strength over 64000

any ideas?

<--ds1210 added 85 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...-->

here is the latest with me...

i have now just checked the bouqet.. its empty just one listing in there..

also when i now scan it inds 188 channels but does not show the providor and name of channel...

and now no channels at all.. whats happening... is it time for a new box?

Adam

gizmo.1484
28th May, 2008, 03:12 PM
You need press the blue button and set your location then try another scan if that does not work then download service & bouquets for your area from downloads

ds1210
28th May, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hi,
when i press the blue button...

it gives me option..

am i changing scanning option? what frequency shall i put in?

there is services for bolton but no buquet

gizmo.1484
28th May, 2008, 03:36 PM
Go to service scan then change bouquet to create new, Then change cable provider to 6952 if on telewest or 6887 if on ntl turn, scan mode to complete then turn fast scan off, you can edit bouquet with bouquet editor

ds1210
28th May, 2008, 04:27 PM
its picking up 188 channels.. but its does not show providor or channel name.. and when i go on the channel.. nothing...

do you think something wrong with my cable?

Adam

gizmo.1484
28th May, 2008, 04:37 PM
its picking up 188 channels.. but its does not show providor or channel name.. and when i go on the channel.. nothing...

do you think something wrong with my cable?

Adam

does it show the channel name when you go to a channel

ds1210
29th May, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hi,
i get all channel names...

when i leave on the channel for 5 mins the channel starts to work.. but its not instant like before.

Adam

gizmo.1484
29th May, 2008, 02:29 PM
Hi,
i get all channel names...

when i leave on the channel for 5 mins the channel starts to work.. but its not instant like before.

Adam

Try this go to sky sports 1 then press blue button change emu or restart if already on evocamd then reboot, when rebooted it should come back to sky sports 1 when picture comes on leave for about 5 mins then turn to sky sports 2 this should sort it.

Devilfish
29th May, 2008, 02:32 PM
if you're talking about the epg (now and next program info on infobar) then that can take a few mins to populate after initial boot. The first channel can also take a few mins to come on while it updates the keys. it should become quicker as you use it.

ds1210
30th May, 2008, 11:43 AM
Hi guys.,
i couldn't take it any longer!!! i just got a guy locally to flash it again...

he put on comando image.. and i don't know what else.. but it now works..

thanks so much for all your help!!

Adam