PDA

View Full Version : Xprog 5.3 (China Dongle Type) Remove Protection From PC ?

darwins
24th June, 2013, 05:48 PM
Hello Guys.

A while back I got a second Xprog with the dongle, been using it with a PC which had version 5.0.

The problem I have was I decided to load the 5.3 version but I'm having a PC problem and now want to go back to version 5.0 but even though 5,3 is removed no can do, the hardware still works on a laptop with version 5 on it.

I'm going to get the original software when I can scrape a few hundred euros up :)

But for now I need to get the dam PC back to version 5.0

I see ELDB HERE offer this for 25 Euro (http://www.eldb.eu/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_38&product_id=54) but I guess this is for their genuine software not this hooky china 5.3 version.

Anyone have the solution, I have searched posts but all I find is repairs etc which refer to hardware.

Cheers Guys

Darwins

puu
25th June, 2013, 01:53 AM
2013 Latest Xprog M V5.45 ECU Programmer Newest Xprogm, View lastest xprog m, lastest XPROG M V5.45 Product Details from Shenzhen Srander Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com (http://cardiagtool.en.alibaba.com/product/946151979-218817018/2013_Latest_Xprog_M_V5_45_ECU_Programmer_Newest_Xp rogm.html)

Someone will post atmega dump??

darwins
25th June, 2013, 01:02 PM
Well after some thinking and taking note that 3 rd party hardware is covered with original software I dug deep and now have the original software...

But the drama is still with me, the clone I have will not produce a hardware key, I have tried various things with the UPA but still it is not working :(

Anyone been here with a clone and got a result ??

I found myself in a deep state of thought last night, my conclusion was simple. If we want to do bigger and better things we need these software guys to make it happen !

darwins
25th June, 2013, 02:51 PM
I'm coming to the conclusion that 3rd party hardware can not be supported with genuine software.... 2 clones and I'm getting no where :(

It deffo is possible but the chip must be correctly locked...
I had 2 x V5 metal clones neither would allow registration.

I had an old V4.5 plastic box type I swoped the mcu and eeprom over and it worked out :)

darwins
26th June, 2013, 04:52 PM
I recommend updating your Xprog Clone to genuine software.

It was really nice today " 2 X CAS 3 units -- read -- verify -- write -- verify 100% right every time "

Darius was very helpfull considering the hardware is a clone, maybe other equipment manufacturers should follow his example and win new customers !

darwins
28th June, 2013, 12:51 PM
I have a few moments to spare so thought I would add this info in case some one tries to update Clone Xprog with genuine software.

Fatal error # 14391 " Will be returned if your Xprog atmega is not locked "

In this case you need to either lock your chip or find another Xprog with a locked chip, I had 2 x Metal types both unlocked, I tried to lock one of these but was not able to register.

I had an old 4.5 plastic version which had a locked chip, I changed the chips over into the Metal box I wanted to use which looks more like the genuine hardware PCB.

Holtek
5th July, 2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks for Your work.

gurmk
7th September, 2013, 12:49 AM
I have the same issue as darwins. Fatal error #14391. Is there a way of locking this chip??

smokinjoe
1st March, 2014, 05:35 AM
I have a few moments to spare so thought I would add this info in case some one tries to update Clone Xprog with genuine software.

Fatal error # 14391 " Will be returned if your Xprog atmega is not locked "

In this case you need to either lock your chip or find another Xprog with a locked chip, I had 2 x Metal types both unlocked, I tried to lock one of these but was not able to register.

I had an old 4.5 plastic version which had a locked chip, I changed the chips over into the Metal box I wanted to use which looks more like the genuine hardware PCB.

have this error too with 5.48 with blue dongle after trying to update with ELDB soft instead of using the DB soft supplied. i also have an old v5 with locked chip,can i transfer this to 5.48 and all will work?,if so which soft should i use?,or does anyone have a new dump for 5.48 with dongle as i really need to get this working.
any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks.