PDA

View Full Version : 28F512 how to read?

VTS_Tibi
26th June, 2013, 11:03 AM
Hi Guys,

I've done several IAW 1AP ECUs in the past, and never had problems, but this one is quite strange.

ALL of them have a 28F512 flash, but this one is not ST or AMD branded, but it was made by TMS. Now, I don't have TMS28F512 in the list of my Willem GQ-4X, and if I select the other 28F512 variants, it only reads FFs...

I would like to upload a tuned dump onto this ECU but this way I'm not able to do so!

Is there a way to read this flash OR is there a compatible flash type? So I would buy a new flash, upload the tuned dump to that -> problem solved!

Regards,

Tibi

Zmann
26th June, 2013, 12:54 PM
Nothing special on this Texas Instrument 28F512 to the others the only difference is device ID but can't normally see because the data is outside user area. have you tried to disable ID check on some other makers menu?

kennfeld
26th June, 2013, 04:02 PM
i always read it like another manufactor device if i don't find it ...

gezame
26th June, 2013, 05:40 PM
Hi
Adapters plcc-dip is normaly problem for read-write this flash eeprom.
Use good adapters, and sure can read-write without problem with any eeprom programmer.
Br.

VTS_Tibi
26th June, 2013, 08:31 PM
Now the problem is that in the past I've read around 20 of these flash memories, although non of them were TI! So the adapter must be OK, right? Gonna do it again and report!