PDA

View Full Version : vu solo+ what the best image for movies and iptv

youngie1
27th June, 2013, 12:34 PM
what the best image for movies and iptv... i have read loads and finding myself.. very confused not hard there lol.. i don't have sky tv i brought my box for movies streaming on line and iptv as i cant afford sky tv... gutted i know but hey never mind so that is why i brought this box for on demand movies iptv... thank you all lee

RuberDuck
27th June, 2013, 02:19 PM
well if thats then case your a fool, because its a satellite receiver first and foremost,Media player, IPTV and other OnDemand services are provided by amateur groups of coders and is to be considered as a bonus which can vanish at any given time as is the case with the 4OD plugin due to CH4 changing the feeds etc.

youngie1
27th June, 2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks for your kind reply. not the answer i was looking for. But hey there you go... need a little help and your told your a fool... thanks once again lee

reaper101
27th June, 2013, 04:48 PM
what rubberduck say's is true it is a satellite reciever first and the rest is just a bonus which could go down at anytime look into the satellite side as for the image you cannot go wrong with blackhole

RuberDuck
27th June, 2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks for your kind reply. not the answer i was looking for. But hey there you go... need a little help and your told your a fool... thanks once again lee

I did not mean my reply to be offensive although i do admit i have a well known track record of speaking my mind without engaging my brain first. My point was that you have bought a satellite receiver and not a dedicated media player.

youngie1
27th June, 2013, 07:05 PM
i know mate it just i dont know how to do the sat side off things.... and i like the look off the movies on demand they look really good 2 me cheers for the reply mate cheers lee

satmannwest
19th August, 2013, 05:56 PM
Although i agree and disagree with RubbberDuck, I have to say the way IPTV is going at the moment, We will see dishes disappearing quickly form our walls , I have been fitting sats for 30 yrs, and i mentioned 2 years ago when i installed Wymax backhaul in Manchester that IPTV will become more popular as the fiber in this country gets up to speed , so we Do need to develop both within the options of STB,s, just look what the premiership done , they put English commentary matches beyond our reach of the average 1-1.2 mtr dishes So most people turned to IPTV with VPN smartdns, So in my opinion iptv will swamp satellite TV, and we need to adapt for both.

digicon
20th August, 2013, 12:52 AM
I said this before and i say it again until this country can match somewhere like japan where they have our top speed Fibre broadband running on there mobile as they have just surpassed 4G,5G and are currently testing 6G, according to the LTE courses i have been on we wont see 6G for around another 12 years which says something for our country.

Even with speeds of what so called Virmin and BT offer now at around 150mb its still no where near enough to stream 30 channels in SD never mind HD we are a long way away yet