PDA

View Full Version : WBFS Manager for Windows

DiddyDave
3rd April, 2009, 07:52 AM
Hi All,
I'm not sure if I was to put this in to the first thread I did or not but i'm sure if the admin think it should they will move it.

This is a great app and I feel that it is far better than the last few I have put on here.

Here are some notes on what the tool really does as I feel some people may be thinking what the hell this tool is.

What it does:
This application basically provides a GUI for the command line-based wbfs-win, used for accessing legal Wii Backups stored on disk drives that have been formatted to the WBFS file system.
As a front-end to wbfs-win, it provides all the basic functionality that comes with wbfs-win, including formatting to wbfs, adding backups, getting a listing of backups already on the drive, extracting ISOs from the WBFS drive, etc.

Features:
-Listing of games with titles, sizes and codes.
-Drag-and-drop support for adding multiple files at once to the WBFS drive from Windows Explorer.
-Easy to use interface which also reports available, total and used disk space at a glance.
-Batch processing of multiple ISOs.

Note: There is no shared code with the other wbfs_win GUI apps that have been released.
The wbfs_win.exe from the wbfs_win_delta release however is being used by this application, mainly because the source code for it was so tightly coupled and unflexible that I though it better to do it this way for now and possibly look into a cleaner, less hacky way of using the source code for that directly, based on how much interest is shown.

Note 2: Although I've tested this a good deal it's only the first release and it may have some bugs. If you notice any let me know. For the most part everything should be ok as the actual work with the ISOs and WBFS drive are done in libwbfs. Of course, pulling your USB cable out while copying files isn't going to help.

Note 3: You might notice that the application window will not respond or may turn black when your copying files. This is expected behavior and will hopefully be resolved in the next iteration.

Here is the download link or feel free to browse the downloads section.
Digital Kaos - Downloads - WBFS Manager for Windows (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wbfs-manager-windows-677/)

Here is an Update for this app the WFBS Manager 2

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wfbs-manager-2-682/

Toolbox
5th April, 2009, 12:56 PM
I hope this one works better. I've tried a bunch and none of them seem to work.... might be me though :p

DiddyDave
5th April, 2009, 01:14 PM
I hope this one works better. I've tried a bunch and none of them seem to work.... might be me though :p

I use this one and it has never crashed on me yet compared to the others this seems to be the most stable

Dekker
5th April, 2009, 03:33 PM
Looking forward to try this too.... gotta try out my little hdd on wii...:celticparty:

DiddyDave
5th April, 2009, 07:57 PM
Looking forward to try this too.... gotta try out my little hdd on wii...:celticparty:

When you try this if you get an error ending with ret-1 this means that the USB Drive you are usin is not supported I went through 4 USB HD's before finding one that would work.

DiddyDave
7th April, 2009, 08:32 AM
Check the top of this thread for an update for this app

WFBS Manager 2 for windows.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - WFBS Manager 2 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wfbs-manager-2-682/)

bonsu
7th April, 2009, 01:42 PM
I had a few problems with the last manager. Does this one have the 'Stopped responding' issue aswell?

DiddyDave
7th April, 2009, 01:47 PM
I had a few problems with the last manager. Does this one have the 'Stopped responding' issue aswell?

This only seems to show it self when copying to Memory Keys I'v not had any reports of this happening when using Ext Hard Drives. The new version does give you a report on what is going on now as before it would just be blank until it was transfered now you have a bar to let you know. Give the version 2 a try and see how you get on.

Enjoy

Rusty Shackelford
8th April, 2009, 01:54 AM
Works great so far.

DiddyDave
8th April, 2009, 07:42 AM
Works great so far.

Just remember that this loader is still work in progress so not every game will work BUT I have yet to find one apart from the music games that need a USB Mic as we have had some problems with it not working correctly.

It is some thing to do with the USB Drive not supporting multi USB devices at the moment.

rickshaw644
9th April, 2009, 03:13 AM
Any decent WBFS for MAC?

DiddyDave
10th April, 2009, 07:32 PM
Any decent WBFS for MAC?

Try this out

http://www.tehskeen.com/userfile.php?articleid=3692

robertchas
28th April, 2009, 10:23 AM
I am using version 2.5 there is more info on this over at WBFS Manager - Release: WBFS Manager 2.5 (http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=26363)

chas

THFC
29th April, 2009, 12:05 PM
Also using wbfs manager 2.5 - very good on Vista 32bit

Also if using Vista

remember to run the program as administrator

(right click the .exe file in installation directory and select run as administrator - don't right click the shortcut icon)

Also if your drive is not recognised try the other usb port on the wii

zapper
11th September, 2009, 02:46 PM
Also using wbfs manager 2.5 - very good on Vista 32bit

Also if using Vista

remember to run the program as administrator

(right click the .exe file in installation directory and select run as administrator - don't right click the shortcut icon)

Also if your drive is not recognised try the other usb port on the wii

mainly the right usb port if you look from the back :fight:

darkken
7th January, 2010, 02:23 AM
hi this problem doesn't seem to work for me. it won't open up.

drawflex
7th January, 2010, 08:14 AM
WBFS manager version 3 is out !

GET IT HERE (http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=26808)

Changes (3.0):
Added Channel Creation support. (Disabled by default, to enable go to Options->Channel Creation and Enable. Follow the instructions provided below.)
Added "Large Cover View"s, which are two side panels that display the cover for the currently selected item.
Added Automatically Check for Updates option (Requires Internet access, can be disabled).
Added the option to cancel batch operations (cancellation occurs as soon as the current item is finished).
Added drive status indicator under the left-hand list, blue shows amount of used space, green shows amount of used space after adding all entries from the "Games To Add" list.
Added Help menu option.
Added direct drive-to-drive copying for drive's with similar sector sizes. Drive-To-Drive copying will now first check if it's possible to do direct copying, if not it will revert to indirect copying.

Fixes (3.0):
Now automatically requests to Run as Administrator.
Fixed the estimated size being wrong for some games.
Fixed an issue with CSV files being exported incorrectly sometimes.
Save expander states, so the user doesn't have to keep re-opening them each time.
Fixed Homebrew Channel creation. (Now using WiiCrazy's USB Loader DOL instead of Yal).
Fixed an issue with the "Estimated Total Size" not updating correctly when games were removed from the right-hand list.
Now checks the filesystem type of a drive before loading to make sure it's not NTFS, FAT or ext.
Fixed an issue with games with ":" or other special characters causing issues during batch extraction.
Fixed issue with game regions showing up incorrectly in initial 2.5 release.
Fixed issue with RAR files in subfolders not being detected during drag and drop operations.
Removed thousandth of a seconds from elapsed time in progress bar.
Fixed mislabled blocks status (was Blocks Used, should be Blocks Free).
Fixed some other minor issues.
Changed installer (now prompts for .NET 3.5 SP1 before installing, also gives options for installing langauges, etc).

kid123
5th June, 2010, 05:51 PM
i hope this works:stupido:

renzo217
6th July, 2010, 07:54 PM
yeah wbfs 3.0 is better

killer77
7th July, 2010, 06:50 AM
this really helped me out thank ypu

lytbrte
20th July, 2010, 07:20 PM
the wbfs manager never opened up for me... does it work on laptops? i run windows and when i download the 32 bit, it asks me to dl the 64 bit. then when i download the 64 bit, it says download the 32 bit. o_O !!! HELP

lytbrte
20th July, 2010, 07:21 PM
hi this problem doesn't seem to work for me. it won't open up.

SAME HERE!!! LOOK AT MY POST ABOVE

lytbrte
20th July, 2010, 07:25 PM
OH AND SORRY ABOUT THE MULTIPOST BUT I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING... I ONLY TRIED TO DL WBFS MANAGER 3.0

ck-ok
20th July, 2010, 10:47 PM
OH AND SORRY ABOUT THE MULTIPOST BUT I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING... I ONLY TRIED TO DL WBFS MANAGER 3.0

try the 3.0.1 version from here wbfsmanager - Release: WBFS Manager 3.0 (http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/releases/view/26808)

blindnose
21st July, 2010, 06:20 PM
WBFS Manager is great, but I'm missing the linux support for it...

Btw, don't forget that you have to use the right usb port (the one which is nearer to the edge of wii

smokinl
4th August, 2010, 08:53 AM
I'm looking forward to trying this out. Thanks!

javierirapuato
6th August, 2010, 01:55 AM
i?m new on this, and i want to try this aplication

FXless
14th August, 2010, 12:42 AM
very good app!

r4evolution
21st October, 2010, 11:36 PM
thanks, does this work with out installing 3.5?

Borikua65
22nd October, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hi, Which version of WBFS is this one. Thanks

Danido
5th January, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks you for this! :)

Shark Bait
8th January, 2011, 05:32 PM
I am using the most currrent version, 3.0 (when I check for updates it tells me their are none), when I have my 500 gig WD My Book USB Drive pug in to my Win 7 64 bit PC, WBFS does not see that drive, but it sees every other drive in my tower.

Thanks for any help or sugestions at all.

happy_highlander
8th January, 2011, 08:42 PM
I am using the most currrent version, 3.0 (when I check for updates it tells me their are none), when I have my 500 gig WD My Book USB Drive pug in to my Win 7 64 bit PC, WBFS does not see that drive, but it sees every other drive in my tower.

Thanks for any help or sugestions at all.
Forgive me if it's a silly question but does the pc see the drive and if it does is the hdd powered on before you start wbfs manager.

Shark Bait
8th January, 2011, 10:29 PM
yes the pc sees the drive, but wants to format it.

Shark Bait
8th January, 2011, 11:27 PM
I think I know what the problem was with that drive, after partitioning it, I was not able to make it active. I bought a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1 TB, and I was able to make an active partition on it. Currently my boy is playing Wii Fit from the Seagate Drive, that I backed up the disk to, now to find a good back up of Wii sports, the CD that no longer works that started this Mod.

Shark Bait
8th January, 2011, 11:51 PM
Hmm, The Wii froze when he tryed to quit Wii Fit. Any ideas

happy_highlander
9th January, 2011, 12:08 AM
Hmm, The Wii froze when he tryed to quit Wii Fit. Any ideas
What loader and version are you using. I have no end of trouble using usb loader gx with a forwarder channel and have to use a full channel but have no trouble at all with uloader. Just make sure you have the newest version of your preffered loader.The pc wants to format the drive because it is wbfs and unreadable by pc.

Shark Bait
9th January, 2011, 03:40 AM
What loader and version are you using. I have no end of trouble using usb loader gx with a forwarder channel and have to use a full channel but have no trouble at all with uloader. Just make sure you have the newest version of your preffered loader.The pc wants to format the drive because it is wbfs and unreadable by pc.

USB Loader GX (not sure what version). I want to set it up so my young kids can just select the channel to play the game.

Any ideas why my 500 gig WD would not work?
I figured thats what was happening with the drive.
Any good fat32 formater, I had lots of trouble trying to format the WD hard drive and i am currently trying to format the FAT32 partition on the Seagate via the dos prompt.

Thanks

Shark Bait
9th January, 2011, 01:07 PM
I am using USB Loader GX Rev938c IOS249 (rev 17).

Shark Bait
9th January, 2011, 01:22 PM
this time I was able to play Bowling on Wii Sports, when I quit it took me back to the Wii main page, but the USB loaded would not load this time. Any suggestions of how to fix or even how would I go about changing my USB loader. I also have to versions of HBC, as I tryed to repeat my mod before when my WD hard drive would not work, and now have 1 updated HBC, and one not updated HBC.

happy_highlander
9th January, 2011, 01:30 PM
USB Loader GX (not sure what version). I want to set it up so my young kids can just select the channel to play the game.

Any ideas why my 500 gig WD would not work?
I figured thats what was happening with the drive.
Any good fat32 formater, I had lots of trouble trying to format the WD hard drive and i am currently trying to format the FAT32 partition on the Seagate via the dos prompt.

Thanks
First of all have you tried another loader to see of that makes a difference, not all hdd's work as good with some loaders as they do with others, there have been a few people having problems with gx on a fat 32 or ntfs partition. Is there a reason you prefer fat32 to wbfs, try this Digital Kaos - Downloads - wii backupmanager 0.3.beta1 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wii-backupmanager-0-3-beta1-1496/) to format and add games. This will add wbfs files without changing them to iso first, which wbfs manager can't do. There are pro's and cons for both without going into detail the main ones are on fat 32 it is easier to trouble shoot or retreive lost data as pc can read it and you will have no wasted space on drive as it can be used for anything. the main problem is that you need another program installed if you want to install files bigger than 4gb (super smash bros brawl , metroid other m) to name a couple. Let me know how you get on or just shout up if you have anymore questions. There are a few loaders in downloads section and there is no reason why you can't have more than one loader installed.

ck-ok
9th January, 2011, 02:33 PM
newest gx downloads can be got from here usbloader-gui - Project Hosting on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/)

Shark Bait
9th January, 2011, 04:18 PM
First of all have you tried another loader to see of that makes a difference, not all hdd's work as good with some loaders as they do with others, there have been a few people having problems with gx on a fat 32 or ntfs partition. Is there a reason you prefer fat32 to wbfs, try this Digital Kaos - Downloads - wii backupmanager 0.3.beta1 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wii-backupmanager-0-3-beta1-1496/) to format and add games. This will add wbfs files without changing them to iso first, which wbfs manager can't do. There are pro's and cons for both without going into detail the main ones are on fat 32 it is easier to trouble shoot or retreive lost data as pc can read it and you will have no wasted space on drive as it can be used for anything. the main problem is that you need another program installed if you want to install files bigger than 4gb (super smash bros brawl , metroid other m) to name a couple. Let me know how you get on or just shout up if you have anymore questions. There are a few loaders in downloads section and there is no reason why you can't have more than one loader installed.

No I have not tried another loader yet, the Seagate drive is split into 3 parts, one is WBFS, 1 is fat32, and last 1 is normal win format. I am open to any suggestions. I am worried what will happen if I keep trying to install or reinstall different loaders, as I already have 2 HBCs and would like to remove one. My goal is to make it as simple as possible as I have a 5 and 7 year old that use the Wi

ck-ok
9th January, 2011, 04:30 PM
you can delete your extra hb channel read here | Nintendo - Customer Service | Wii - Data Management (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/data.jsp#wiiDelete)
dont worry about adding and deleting loaders the best thing to do is find out which loader you want then we can try and use priiloader to boot strait to that loader to make it easy for the kids.
dont worry its not hard read here http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-154/guide_how_to_install_priiloader_on_fws_4_1_4_2_aut o-boot_to_your_fave_usb_loader-828772/

Shark Bait
9th January, 2011, 04:54 PM
kewl, I'll check it when I get a chance.

Shark Bait
10th January, 2011, 02:51 PM
I am currently using WiiFlow 2.1, as a channel, but everytime I load WiiFlow, i need to unplug my drive after Wiiflow starts, and plug it back in so wiiflow sees the it. I tryed WiiFlow 2.2, but got a Disk_set USB Failes error when I tryed to play a game.

Thanks

happy_highlander
11th January, 2011, 08:20 PM
I am currently using WiiFlow 2.1, as a channel, but everytime I load WiiFlow, i need to unplug my drive after Wiiflow starts, and plug it back in so wiiflow sees the it. I tryed WiiFlow 2.2, but got a Disk_set USB Failes error when I tryed to play a game.

Thanks
As I said some loaders/drive combinations work better than others. Try making sure the hdd is not switched on before you start the loader. I used to get the same problem with an internal drive in caddy with wiiflow and gx but as long as I waited until the loader said no usb device it worked okay until the wii was switched off. Try a different loader..Both the hard drives you are trying to use are listed as tested and working.

easyeric
22nd December, 2011, 03:50 PM
thanks im gonna give it a try.hopefully ill be making backups soon cause im really tired of replacing game disks.