PDA

View Full Version : wii chip not working but could be SD card problem

berley
3rd April, 2009, 09:01 AM
hi can anyone help, the bird at bills office has broke her wii, well her husband has but he's not taking the blame and seems to have a selective memory of what happened

the wii is chipped but the console only plays original games now, ive tried her chip on my machine and it works fine, so that rules out a chip issue, the console been opened up and the soldering to the chip etc is fine, in fact its been a real neat job done by wiiman

there's an SD card in the console and when you put the wii on its saying its loading the game thats on the SD card, the console has been unplugged and the card removed so you would have thought that would cancel the game from running or tying to load ?

any thoughts or ideas that i could try

dell_xps
3rd April, 2009, 11:01 AM
What chip is it m8 ?
What error do you get if you try and run a game ?
Are they all PAL games your trying ?

Try another make of disc, verbatim burnt at 4x to start off with.

No need to have the SD card in also m8.

father ted
3rd April, 2009, 07:40 PM
berley is talking about pic chip its the same in all our machines (pic 12f675 with yasoim hex).what happened is her m8's wii does not read any copy games at all,it will paly all real games but every time she puts in a copy game she gets cannot read disc error ,you can take the chip and put it in any of our wii,s and it will play copy games ,the solder has been checked and is first class job as the guy who does them is allways spot on ,and the hex which is on it is the same hex and everyone we know so again thast not the problem,berleys m8 has been playing mario kart online and inside wii was a sd card and when you switch wii on it looks like the game is still running we have been told that they took an update from internet when they werepalying game but we dont know how thsi has affected the chip as i said b4 you can take it out and it will play in any other wii and yes rthey are all pal games and all discs are verbatim and burned at x2 as are all our discs

dell_xps
3rd April, 2009, 07:54 PM
Why dont you guys install the softmod hack see if it will play any backups that way ?
What about adjusting the pot on the lazer ? Might just be a dodgy pickup with it ?

Also what chip does her Wii have ?
GC2-DMS
GC2R-D2A
GC2-D2B etc etc

father ted
3rd April, 2009, 08:05 PM
Why dont you guys install the softmod hack see if it will play any backups that way ?
What about adjusting the pot on the lazer ? Might just be a dodgy pickup with it ?

Also what chip does her Wii have ?
GC2-DMS
GC2R-D2A
GC2-D2B etc etc

how do you adjust the pot on laser? it mite be that ?she ahs a d2a chip by the way

dell_xps
3rd April, 2009, 08:07 PM
how do you adjust the pot on laser? it mite be that ?she ahs a d2a chip by the way

Wii Laser Tweak on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/141142)

father ted
24th April, 2009, 01:36 PM
Wii Laser Tweak on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/141142)

ok thanks for thsi tip i manged to do it and reset it but still the same ,i even reset it then poped a copy game in first but it still came up with same error ,any other ideas

wiiman
24th April, 2009, 03:38 PM
ok thanks for thsi tip i manged to do it and reset it but still the same ,i even reset it then poped a copy game in first but it still came up with same error ,any other ideas

What is the error that comes up?

father ted
25th April, 2009, 06:37 AM
it just refuses to play back up copies even tho the chip works in every wii it goes into ,its disc error fault

dell_xps
25th April, 2009, 07:29 AM
Did you try the softmod hack ?
If you did I'd bung a new DVD rom drive in it, looks like it's fcuked.

wiiman
25th April, 2009, 09:31 AM
seems strange, try testing continuity betweenleg of the socket and points on wii drive to make sure there is not a break in a wire somewhere.

father ted
26th April, 2009, 05:25 PM
seems strange, try testing continuity betweenleg of the socket and points on wii drive to make sure there is not a break in a wire somewhere.

yea rite tony its me your talking to :roflmao: