PDA

View Full Version : Port 1

tadiwa.zinnahg
26th May, 2008, 08:22 PM
Where in XP bios can I enable Printer port 1. My 25 pin connector does not seem to work. I have connected a Jtag.

jimbo69jones
26th May, 2008, 08:25 PM
XP doesn't have a bios. Reboot your machine, and look for the instruction to enter your bios (usually Del, ESC or F1) and have a look in your intergrated peripherals.

tadiwa.zinnahg
27th May, 2008, 09:16 AM
I did that. The only thing I can see is for Hard drives, mouse and keyboard.

jimbo69jones
27th May, 2008, 04:03 PM
Most BIOS's would allow configuration for a parallel port, as there are several modes they can be run in.

Whats the motherboard brand and model number, and a bios version would help.

Anyway, unless you or a previous owner of the machine actually switched off the parallel port, then it would be enabled by default. Do you have any other device, such as an old printer you might be able to test the port with?

I would suspect that your JTAG device is the problem, and not the port.

tadiwa.zinnahg
28th May, 2008, 10:19 AM
I just wanted to check to confirm the problem is not there. Asus A7V333 ACPI Bios version Revision 1017, Award Plug and Play Bios extension v.1.0A. I do not know what's wrong. The JTAG is giving out all 1's. I tried to use another program BKE v2.2, the computer can not open the program. All this is for a sammy box.

techquest
31st May, 2008, 10:09 PM
You could try looking in the Device Manager under System Properties that will give you more info on what ports are doing what in XP