PDA

View Full Version : How to understand HEX code ?

Coniglio
3rd July, 2013, 09:03 AM
Hello.

Can someone help me to understand the logic of HEX programs from ECU`s, AIRBAG`s and IMMO`s.

For now I know that you have to roll the data or/and divide it with 8, 16 or 32 (it depends of system). I know that it is also important to read it from right to left and so on. But I don`t know how to realize where in hex code is hiding the specific information about (for example) airbag crash data, CRC, IMMO password or where is the data which has to be modified to shut the IMMO off, how to find and modified the data to eliminate the EGR and etc.

Please, If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate that. I know that this informations are very valuable for everyone who are experts for this stuffs and I highly respect these people, because I know that this knowledge is really hard to find.

I would be also happy if someone can just give me a little advice where to search for these informations or to give me some directions how to learn this stuffs.

ominimicu
3rd July, 2013, 10:48 AM
well that is what sofwares are for....the one who tells you he can do all that without software is a liar. sometimes you can see stuff in ASCi code or transofrimg hex to decimal., like VIn mumbers, pin codes..