PDA

View Full Version : how do i add a external harddrive to the vu+ solo

youngie1
3rd July, 2013, 11:30 AM
hello all... i am getting somewhere with the box now.. but i have a external toshiba 2.5 hdd... and need it to work on the vu+solo box because i have no space on the box for any images and so on. i have place the hard drive at the back of the box.. it does pick it up.. witch give me the option saing hard drive in the vu setting... i go into the hardrive.. gives me the name of my hard drive witch is cool i belive... then i gives me 3 options 1 harddisk setup 2 initialization 3 filessystem... i go into number 1 it say harddisk standby after... then i go into number 2 saying toshiba 2.5-hdd-external 160.041 gb... i hit ok then it says medoel tosibia usb 2.5-hdd capicity 160.041 gb bus external.. then i hit the red button saying initialize.. then it comes up with this message... unable to initialize harddisk error mount failed.. am i doing something wrong here.. or can i not use this type of hard drive... witch have been format fat32 cheers all lee

DOUGALMCD
3rd July, 2013, 01:12 PM
Depending what image you are using go into mount manager and set up mounts ie your hard drive then reboot. Hence the reason mount failed. hth

youngie1
3rd July, 2013, 01:28 PM
black hole mate... what i am trying to do is use this external hard drive.. so i can keep trying different images.. because my box only has 100mb of memory... when i have put the software on it then only has 20mb spare witch is no good for me cheers lee... where is the mount manger mate cheers lee

reaper101
3rd July, 2013, 02:43 PM
unplug the usb hard drive now press blue button twice you will see usb format wizard follow instructions and connect usb when it tells you choose ext 3 this will format the hard drive for you restart the box then press blue button twice goto device manager press red button and mount as media/hdd restart the box then press menu button -setup-system-customize and set to expert press exit twice go back to system you will see recording paths you will need to make a folder on the hard drive called movies use dreamcontrol center to goto the media folder and make in the when you go to recoding paths you have four options you need to set all these to media/hdd/movies press green to save now backup your image to your hdd using blackhole full backup
use dearm control center to transfer this back up to a spare usb stick now if you change image you can allways go back to your blackhole image with all your settings allready done

youngie1
3rd July, 2013, 04:49 PM
thank you so much mate getting there but i am stuck here now mate...you will see recording paths you will need to make a folder on the hard drive called movies use dreamcontrol center to goto the media folder and make in the when you go to recoding paths you have four options you need to set all these to media/hdd/movies press green to save now backup your image to your hdd using blackhole full backup
use dearm control center to transfer this back up to a spare usb stick now if you change image you can allways go back to your blackhole image with all your settings allready done... what is dreamcontrol where do i go to use that program cheers lee

reaper101
4th July, 2013, 03:06 PM
i have previously sent you a pm about dream control center you used this to get the ts panel installed

youngie1
4th July, 2013, 05:14 PM
i installed ts panel via usb is that right mate cheers mate lee